Steve Jobs' Last Words: Oh wow, Oh wow, Oh wow

Oct 2, 2009
dyre said:
hiks89 said:
i dont donate to charity, should i die in agony?
If you're worth $8 billion or w/e and you don't donate to charity, you're a dick. Not saying you should die in agony; I wouldn't even wish that on Hitler, but I certainly have little respect for the man.
Eh, I'd wish that on Hitler. Other than that, seconded.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Marter said:
Obviously, it was the name of his sled when he was a child.
Pfffffft! I'm going to use that for now on every time I hear funny last words.

Mad Stalin said:
I hope we can all get along and have big hugs and eat a delicious candle-lit dinner later.
Fixed that for you.

Audemas

Aug 12, 2008
Damn shame he's dead, but those last words were kind of lame. He should have said, "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back."

Agente L

Apr 4, 2010
I guess he couldn't watch the Iphone 4S presentation live, so they had to show him a video about it.

His last words were while the video was still going.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:
I hope it was uttered in pain and agony, the selfish prick.
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with you? Did he ever personally hurt you? Did he ever cause someone's death or something?

Holy fuck, show some respect for the dead.
Whilst that person went pretty far, did you look at the subject matter of this thread and decide to single out one person?

"Make fun of a guys last words" doesn't really come off as respectful.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Aprilgold said:
TheAceTheOne said:
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with you? Did he ever personally hurt you? Did he ever cause someone's death or something?

My thoughts exactly. Ain't good to be talking shit about the dead... Just in general.

Respect 'em, even if you think they're jerks.

I'd like to think his life flashed before his eyes and he saw all the cool shit he's achieved and was impressed by the potential one man can have and the things one can achieve.

Or something like that.
So its not OK to hate on Hitler then? You know, all that genocide shit, yeah, lets just drop that and respect him for his mustache.

The dead should be remembered for what they were, not for what we would like to think they were.
There are exceptions to the "respect the dead" thing I said. Hitler's one of those exceptions.

Hitler's one of those guys it's okay to hate. And comparing Hitler and Steve Jobs? Holy shit, that's... I can't even express my thoughts coherently about that comparison! I'm fairly certain Jobs didn't try to exterminate an entire culture of people, didn't set up concentration camps (Strict working conditions don't mean concentration camps), and didn't wage a war against many countries. Go ahead, fact check me on that. I'll give you a second.

Back? Hi again. What'd you find? Am I right?

But we aren't talking about Hitler, anyway. We're talking about Jobs. And yes, Jobs may have been a jerk, but he did further technology and was a pretty successful guy.

I'll agree with your point as to whether the dead should be remembered for what they were, and I'll concede that Jobs may have been an ass at times. But he also tried to make the world a little bit better through technology, and if you ignore the strides he made in the fields of business and technology, you'd be doing an injustice to him.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
Most likely he was surprised by either how many people were there or by the realization that he was seconds away from dying. maybe death was a hot chick?

Nov 28, 2010
Disaster Button said:
I bet he saw a glass fruit bowl filled with bright, ripe fruit sitting perfectly on the centre of a hand stitched doily, all on top of a varnished wooden table with a circular top.
You're...from the other place? The far place?

OT: Honestly, I think he was probably just surprised to realise that this was the end, that he was facing his final moments. I intended to give this a comical answer, but honestly, my brain has just died.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
His family misheard him. He actually said, "OLOLOLOLOLOL"

He truly was a great troll. RIP!

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
Mad Stalin said:
You litterally make me sick, You should be ashamed, show some god damn respect for the dead.

OT: In his last moments he trolled the entire plannet, what a legend :D

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
TheAceTheOne said:
Aprilgold said:
TheAceTheOne said:
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:

My thoughts exactly. Ain't good to be talking shit about the dead... Just in general.

Respect 'em, even if you think they're jerks.

I'd like to think his life flashed before his eyes and he saw all the cool shit he's achieved and was impressed by the potential one man can have and the things one can achieve.

Or something like that.
So its not OK to hate on Hitler then? You know, all that genocide shit, yeah, lets just drop that and respect him for his mustache.

The dead should be remembered for what they were, not for what we would like to think they were.
There are exceptions to the "respect the dead" thing I said. Hitler's one of those exceptions.

Hitler's one of those guys it's okay to hate. And comparing Hitler and Steve Jobs? Holy shit, that's... I can't even express my thoughts coherently about that comparison!
Then don't, your whole point was to IGNORE the bad the dead did in order to respect them, by that logic, the bad that Hitler did is not what he should be remembered for DESPITE the fact he did a very evil deed.

I wasn't comparing Steve Jobs to Hitler, I was comparing Respecting the Dead to Hitler, difference is there.

Your right on the technology bit, but he took a large amount of fame and became corrupt from it, the public just shut out that corrupt side.

roflmecopter

Feb 14, 2011
DEATHROAD said:
Mad Stalin said:
You litterally make me sick, You should be ashamed, show some god damn respect for the dead.

OT: In his last moments he trolled the entire plannet, what a legend :D
show respect for the dead? Why we'll hurt his corpse's feelings? or his soul's feelings?