Steve Jobs' Last Words: Oh wow, Oh wow, Oh wow

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
DEATHROAD said:
Mad Stalin said:
I hope it was uttered in pain and agony, the selfish prick.
You litterally make me sick, You should be ashamed, show some god damn respect for the dead.

OT: In his last moments he trolled the entire plannet, what a legend :D
Respect should only be given to people you feel deserve it. Whether or not they're dead shouldn't matter

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Mad Stalin said:
hiks89 said:
Mad Stalin said:
you sir, are a wanker
Esotera said:
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with you? Did he ever personally hurt you? Did he ever cause someone's death or something?

Holy fuck, show some respect for the dead.
He was terrible to work with, most of the ideas actually came from Apple, and he never donated to charity (only recently learned this). The creator of Lisp, and the creator C have both passed away in the last month, and they accomplished far more than Steve Jobs. Wozniak was the main brain behind Apple, and he got screwed over by Jobs.

I don't think there's any need to show respect to the dead when they behave like he did.
i dont donate to charity, should i die in agony?
Fuck off, the man used child labour, used his assets to cut in line in the organ queues, refused employee stocks, bought new cars every 6 months so he could park in handicap spots
He deserved what he had coming.
He bought new cars every six months so he could park in handicapped spots? Oh snap!
He cut in line in the organ queue? Not to defend this move, because it was dick, but, if you had his level of resources and were in his situation, wouldn't you?
He refused an employee stock options? Didn't donate to charity?
Every one of those things makes him out to be a self centric dickhead, and a bit of a bully, but to wish as much pain and suffering on him as possible? What a wonderful and perfectly balanced human being you must be. :p
About the only thing on your list worth any mention is the child labour, and that was the responsibility of the factories producing parts for Apple, amongst a number of companies. Apple's decision not to step in, while greedy as fuck, is no less frightening than any numberof other companies refusing to do the same.

So basically, it comes down to this: Steve Jobs was a greedy dickhead. Great. You wish upon him horrific suffering and death. Congratulations, you're unbalanced.

roflmecopter

Feb 14, 2011
Bobbity said:
Mad Stalin said:
hiks89 said:
Mad Stalin said:
you sir, are a wanker
Esotera said:
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with you? Did he ever personally hurt you? Did he ever cause someone's death or something?

He was terrible to work with, most of the ideas actually came from Apple, and he never donated to charity (only recently learned this). The creator of Lisp, and the creator C have both passed away in the last month, and they accomplished far more than Steve Jobs. Wozniak was the main brain behind Apple, and he got screwed over by Jobs.

I don't think there's any need to show respect to the dead when they behave like he did.
Fuck off, the man used child labour, used his assets to cut in line in the organ queues, refused employee stocks, bought new cars every 6 months so he could park in handicap spots
He bought new cars every six months so he could park in handicapped spots? Oh snap!
He cut in line in the organ queue? Not to defend this move, because it was dick, but, if you had his level of resources and were in his situation, wouldn't you?
Every one of those things makes him out to be a self centric dickhead, and a bit of a bully, but to wish as much pain and suffering on him as possible? What a wonderful and perfectly balanced human being you must be. :p
About the only thing on your list worth any mention is the child labour, and that was the responsibility of the factories producing parts for Apple, amongst a number of companies. Apple's decision not to step in, while greedy as fuck, is no less frightening than any numberof other companies refusing to do the same.

So basically, it comes down to this: Steve Jobs was a greedy dickhead. Great. You wish upon him horrific suffering and death. Congratulations, you're unbalanced.
oh other companies are doing it so its okay for my company to do it your basically trying to excuse him from any responsibility.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Aprilgold said:
TheAceTheOne said:
Aprilgold said:
TheAceTheOne said:
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:

My thoughts exactly. Ain't good to be talking shit about the dead... Just in general.

Respect 'em, even if you think they're jerks.

I'd like to think his life flashed before his eyes and he saw all the cool shit he's achieved and was impressed by the potential one man can have and the things one can achieve.

Or something like that.
So its not OK to hate on Hitler then? You know, all that genocide shit, yeah, lets just drop that and respect him for his mustache.

The dead should be remembered for what they were, not for what we would like to think they were.
There are exceptions to the "respect the dead" thing I said. Hitler's one of those exceptions.

Hitler's one of those guys it's okay to hate. And comparing Hitler and Steve Jobs? Holy shit, that's... I can't even express my thoughts coherently about that comparison!
Then don't, your whole point was to IGNORE the bad the dead did in order to respect them, by that logic, the bad that Hitler did is not what he should be remembered for DESPITE the fact he did a very evil deed.

I wasn't comparing Steve Jobs to Hitler, I was comparing Respecting the Dead to Hitler, difference is there.

Your right on the technology bit, but he took a large amount of fame and became corrupt from it, the public just shut out that corrupt side.
Never said to ignore the bad. If you focus on either side too much, your view of someone is stilted. Like, someone focusing on the fact that their first ex cheated on them and hating him/her for it and for other things, but regarding their second ex as a good person despite the second ex breaking up because the second ex treated them better (i.e. didn't cheat, apologized things didn't work out, being up-front with them). It's not a good comparison, I'll admit, but I hope it gets my point across.

I concede that Steve Jobs was sometimes a jerk, but his advances could be seen as making up for it.

And April, kudos to you for not turning this into a battle.

supagama

Lord High Raggamuffin
Jul 25, 2009
He saw something so aweful I can't even imagine it. He saw what people really thought of him. Despite all the bad things he's done, don't forget what good he has done too,He has affected each aspect of your life in one way or another. That, or he was just having to start work on the icloud prematurely.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
believer258 said:
Is Bill Gates just as much of an asshole? Or is he better than that?
Bill Gates is actually a pretty nice guy. Apparently, Microsoft used to be a quite a vibrant place to work, when Gates was there. He was interested in the daily business of the company, and he'd often look in on the work people were doing, and then send them little emails telling them that they were doing a good job, or somesuch.

Anyway, since he retired as head of Microsoft, he's set up a foundation with his wife to help people in the third world, and he's spent the last few years trying to cure malaria.

So yeah, a nice guy and a good person.

the spud

May 2, 2011
Maybe he was like that French dude who died while recieving a fellatio. Hey, the events surrounding his death are still mostly unknown, and he was said to have died in the company of loved ones, so who knows?

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
binnsyboy said:
Marter said:
Obviously, it was the name of his sled when he was a child.
That halloween avatar is fantastic. Childhood raping, but fantastic.

OT: Maybe when you die you see how the universe was created. Maybe he saw a large round conical bath made of ebony, full of white sand, and the plug gets pulled and all the sand drains out, only it's in reverse. (cookie for reference)
That could be something from one of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, but I think it's actually something a bit more obscure: a really trippy Star Trek novel called I, Q. Am I right?

OT: I doubt there's much depth to the last words. Sounds like a man finally realizing that he was dying, not in an hour, not in a day, but right then. I think I'd be saying something similar to that or to Ghandi's last words ("My God," according to someone earlier in the thread) if I came to a realization like that, too.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
"Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow."

Death translation: Holy shit, I'm really going to die. I knew that other people could die, but I never thought it would happen like this to me.

Honestly, based on what I know about Jobs' personality (i.e. that he was cocky as hell) he probably just couldn't comprehend that he was going to die someday, or that it would be that day. A lot of people think that way, but I think his hubris might have pushed it a little further.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Bobbity said:
believer258 said:
Is Bill Gates just as much of an asshole? Or is he better than that?
Bill Gates is actually a pretty nice guy. Apparently, Microsoft used to be a quite a vibrant place to work, when Gates was there. He was interested in the daily business of the company, and he'd often look in on the work people were doing, and then send them little emails telling them that they were doing a good job, or somesuch.

Anyway, since he retired as head of Microsoft, he's set up a foundation with his wife to help people in the third world, and he's spent the last few years trying to cure malaria.

So yeah, a nice guy and a good person.
He's also heavily involved in education reform in the US. Speaking as an educator in training, I wish he'd be trying for different reforms than he's going for, but I can't accuse the man of not having the best interests of our children at heart. So basically, yeah, Bill Gates is actually a pretty cool guy.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Blind Sight said:
"Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow."

Death translation: Holy shit, I'm really going to die. I knew that other people could die, but I never thought it would happen like this to me.
My thoughts exactly.

Oneirius

Apr 21, 2009
God told him that he'll have to sign-up to iHeaven to get in, but it wouldn't accept his password and just lock up on him, and there was no tech support.

Then he found out it was actually hell.

IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE

*eerie music*

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
roflmecopter said:
Bobbity said:
Mad Stalin said:
hiks89 said:
Mad Stalin said:
you sir, are a wanker
Esotera said:
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:

oh other companies are doing it so its okay for my company to do it your basically trying to excuse him from any responsibility.
No, not at all. I find what they did horrific, but I'm trying to point out the hypocrisy of going after Jobs specifically when so much of what we take for granted in the first world comes from some pretty awful stuff in the third, and that some of the people here are jumping on the bandwagon, spewing hatred because they've been told to. I'm not even saying that they're wrong, however, just that they've taken it to an extreme.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:

While I understand where you're coming from....I disagree. Fuck the dead. What need to they have for respect. Lets start with respecting the living.

OT: Maybe his wife was jerking him off. Thats how I'd like to go at least.