Steve Jobs' Last Words: Oh wow, Oh wow, Oh wow

aprildog18

Feb 16, 2010
dyre said:
Nudu said:
dyre said:
hiks89 said:
i dont donate to charity, should i die in agony?
If you're worth $8 billion or w/e and you don't donate to charity, you're a dick. Not saying you should die in agony; I wouldn't even wish that on Hitler, but I certainly have little respect for the man.
Why's that? I mean, I get why rich people should donate more then other people, but that's a matter of percentages. How high a percentage of your assets did you give to charity last year? That's what you can claim a moral highground on.
I donated 10% of my income to charity last year, though as a student, that amounted to only $220, if you're curious.

And it's not just a matter of percentages. It is a tremendous sacrifice for a poor person (not saying I'm a poor person, btw, but there are lower-income people who nonetheless donate) to donate 5% of his income to charity; for a rich person, not so much.
Exactly, Herman Cain wants a 9-9-9 tax which has shown it would hurt the lower class and the top 20% actually benefits from it. That shows that even when people pay the same proportion of tax, it is still "not proportional" in some ways.
http://jaredbernsteinblog.com/9-9-9-in-one-really-long-graph/

If you are earning a billion dollars a year, you should donate a higher % of your income to charity than a person earning less than $100,000 a year.

OT: Seriously, I have no idea why Jobs said that phrase.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Chefodeath said:
For me, I can only imagine that in his last moments, Jobs had envisioned a new produce that would have completely and utterly revolutionized the way we lived!

(Could not resist.)

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/31660922815736321151032.jpg/]

As an activist, it pisses me off that everyone cries about Steve Jobs but calls Bill Gates a bad guy. Steve Jobs was brilliant at giving the public what they thought they wanted (over priced shiney toys) but other then that I could care less about him. By all accounts he was a horrible boss, an asshole and selfish with his money.

Now..if you excuse me, I need to go run and listen while I listen to my Ipod.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Brian Hendershot said:

As an activist, it pisses me off that everyone cries about Steve Jobs but calls Bill Gates a bad guy. Steve Jobs was brilliant at giving the public what they thought they wanted (over priced shiney toys) but other then that I could care less about him. By all accounts he was a horrible boss, an asshole and selfish with his money.

I use a Sansa, personally. More features for less money.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Brian Hendershot said:

I use a Sansa, personally. More features for less money.
But if I used a Sansa, they hypocrisy would not be so deliciously ironic!

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
hiks89 said:
Mad Stalin said:
I hope it was uttered in pain and agony, the selfish prick.
you sir, are a wanker
Esotera said:
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with you? Did he ever personally hurt you? Did he ever cause someone's death or something?

Holy fuck, show some respect for the dead.
He was terrible to work with, most of the ideas actually came from Apple, and he never donated to charity (only recently learned this). The creator of Lisp, and the creator C have both passed away in the last month, and they accomplished far more than Steve Jobs. Wozniak was the main brain behind Apple, and he got screwed over by Jobs.

I don't think there's any need to show respect to the dead when they behave like he did.
He didn't just not donate to a charity but he took credit for other people working for apple's work.

Although wishing someone had a painful death, then insulting them is still a dick move.

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
He found out heaven was actually Equestria. Honestly, if I found out I could spend the rest of eternity there, you bet I'd be yelling "oh wow, earth sucks compared to this".

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Ronarch said:
Marter said:
Obviously, it was the name of his sled when he was a child.[/quote

+1 for the Citizen Kane reference.

He probably thought of an idea for the iPhone 5 but didn't have enough time to write down his idea.
Remove a feature and make it slimmer?

I posted this and then realised it might be considered low content and now I can't think of anything extra to add.

Feb 16, 2010
oh wow oh wow oh wow? Man, what a lame way to go. I want my last words to be like james d french's before he went to the electric chair. "How's this for a headline? 'French Fries.'"

get it? French fries!?

CrazyDave DC

Apr 14, 2010
Maybe it's just me, but it seems a little soon to be making jokes about the last words of a recently deceased man. I mean, Steve Jobs only just passed away.

Apr 28, 2008
Tufty94 said:
hiks89 said:
Mad Stalin said:
you sir, are a wanker
Esotera said:
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with you? Did he ever personally hurt you? Did he ever cause someone's death or something?

He was terrible to work with, most of the ideas actually came from Apple, and he never donated to charity (only recently learned this). The creator of Lisp, and the creator C have both passed away in the last month, and they accomplished far more than Steve Jobs. Wozniak was the main brain behind Apple, and he got screwed over by Jobs.

I don't think there's any need to show respect to the dead when they behave like he did.
The guy was rich, he could obviously spare the money. I found this image on 4chan, the sad thing is it's the truth.
Yeah, this.

Just goes to show, doesn't matter what you do. If you give people shiny things, they'll love you.

Trull

Nov 12, 2010
I like to think he saw god. It makes a lotta sense. Well, assuming he's atheist (and apparently he's an asshat so he prolly is)

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
He just realised how much money his products cost people with their weekly new versions...

I'M TALKING TO YOU IPHONE 4S!

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:

Some people are assholes.

It is best to ignore these people so that they think they are ghosts.

I call it the "Sixth Sense" response.

I like how this image sounds like you are describing Thomas Jefferson for the Steve Jobs column.

And we all know how much THAT guy sucked.

(I'm a huge fan of Bill Gates, the dude can jump over chairs. He's also eloquent.)

I'm about 99% sure that donated only once line is bullshit. But the person did write "most richest" so you can't give them too much credence.

Xangi

Mar 4, 2009
Trull said:
I like to think he saw god. It makes a lotta sense. Well, assuming he's atheist (and apparently he's an asshat so he prolly is)
Wow dude, way to stereotype there. I'm assuming you're a religious type, so you should stop violating that (child/woman/goat/baby female goat/Lower-Caste peasant) and pray to (God/Yahweh/Jehovah/Allah/Buddah(if you're mahayana)//whatever deity you're constructed for yourself) that he'll (forgive/enlighten) you so you won't (go to hell/be re-incarnated as a grape/be trapped in samsara forever) because of your blatant insults toward a group of people that have likely not done anything to harm you in your entire life.

Not very nice when other people do it, is it?

Zedfragg

Aug 12, 2010
Trull said:

God fearing folk require a book of fairy tales to teach them a decent moral code.
Atheists use that thing called a conscience.

God fearing folk require the fear of burning in hell to be decent to other humans. (Which you fail at btw)
Atheists say "Why not just be decent to others, even if this there is no god"

God fearing folk seem to all believe that THEIR deity is the CORRECT deity.
Atheists ask "How's your deity different from the other 2870*? and why do you judge THEM?"
God fearing folk reply "Because ours is the true one"

*There are roughly 2870 confirmed deities in folk lore and other tales and I can say for certain that you're in for a major disappointment when you die buddy... And I'm glad that you'll be disappointed as you sir, are a complete c**t

On the Jobs note...

I honestly think he said that so people would forever wonder what the hell he saw/thought/felt etc
Either that or he had a Zune playing in his ear and someone snuck Glee soundtrack onto it...

"Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow" *Passes away* "Yes! Don't need to listen to that anymore!" *Rests in peace*