Stolen Pixels #165: The Next Big Thing from Apple!

Apr 17, 2009
We've had the iPod and the iPod Nano, and it seems you agree with the me that the next in line will be the iPod mega, which you have to carry round in a rucksack and stores ten trillion songs

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
dnadns said:
On a slightly serious note, if they manage to bring it out in a size that could be used on a table or desk (of course, highly scratch ..etc. resistant), I might even consider getting something like that.

Imagine having a table that you can use for board games, throw up some news, tv (hopefully iTable supports Flash). Of course it would have to allow several windows which each user may orient to their liking.

The Microsoft D&D table demo looked quite nice, but I dislike the idea of having a seperate computer around to feed information to that thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZrr7AZ9nCY&feature=related

Microsoft Surface. It's a big ass table.

Skooterz

Jul 22, 2009
I laughed heartily at that last panel. In all seriousness, the iPad would actually be a good idea- if they'd made it so it did something that the iPhone didn't already do. Well, besides being big enough to beat someone to death with. I mean, honestly, something that big doesn't have Flash, but the iPhone does? Does not compute.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Doug said:
I prefer the iPotato to the iPad.
HAHAHAHA!!

i love using less potatoes with the iPotato

and i could not help but laugh so hard
which is a bit awkward because i am surrounded by others

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I'm a bit more anti-apple than Shamus is, but I GOT the iPod. It made sense. I even own one because of two things: Capacity (I'm a music junkie and there were no comparably sized MP3 players at the time) and convenience (the number of accessories I could get that would fit well, like docking stations and cases).

I GOT the iPhone, too. I don't own one, and in fact, I'm nonplussed by my current phone lacking a keypad. But I get the iPhone and I get the following.

iPad? Not so much. Though I've got to admit, the idea of something larger does appeal to me on several levels, in no small part for the same reason of the DS example.

I could see this coming true, like others. Video Games aren't the only thing suffering from sequelitis.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
thrubeingcool13 said:
What would that monstrosity be called?
It's gonna be called the iSlab.

You pose a good question, Shamus, how large can a device get and still be called "Portable" or "mobile"?

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
BWahahahahahahaha

Funny as hell. Except I think we'll be onto the iRobot by then. (think of the apps. Voice impressions, dance routines...)

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
I forgot that the "Bigger = Better" Trend was coming back.
I know the perfect picture from a show to put up, but the internet doesn't seem to have it, weird...

Jan 29, 2009
Text is difficult to portray emotions and feelings, but that was hilarious!
(And the preceding line looks like I am a soulless robot)

coderedge

Jan 9, 2009
So good it was stolen by an irresponsible, plagiarizing French website! (Who goes unnamed here, as they deserve exactly zero traffic from Escapist readers.)

Volatar

Jun 23, 2009
Here is Shamus's blog post on the subject of the plagiarism: http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=7371