Stolen Pixels #219: Mythbombers

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Mythbusters is not just a show, it's a belief system, in SCIENCE. Part of the reason it's so great is because 7 out of 5 Mythbusters agree that the world is just awesome.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I always approve of violence against the Scout. He must suffer because he is annoying. Please blow up more scouts.
Or have a Pyro set them on fire.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Well, I guess I'm an alien then, because I can't support a show that spends hundreds of thousands of dollars a year on stuff to blow up. Maybe I'm just missing the point, though.

The comic made me laugh, but most likely for the wrong reasons.

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
oh shit, this is the proof of your 21st side. myth not bomberd.
Straying Bullet said:
Oh dude, I had so much fun with that achievement. That is ONE prime example how an achievement will extend your awareness what you can do with the game. Fable II had such achievements.

Excellent pixel, I remember blowing up Alistair from his balcony with this trick.
this about chievements I realised when they started appearing in PC games. buT I don't remember one game where they really serve as something other than chores, I don't even want them to have ingame benefits, just make such that tell you where the fun is and use those, if that was the case, I'd be happy to have achievements in every game(there are even flash games where achievements are the main theme).

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
That was hilarious!

Extra points for the Mythbusters stuff; I love it and it looks like many others do too, which is always a nice thing.

Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Well, I guess I'm an alien then, because I can't support a show that spends hundreds of thousands of dollars a year on stuff to blow up. Maybe I'm just missing the point, though.
Oh give them a little more credit; they blow shit up, it's true, but they also do some real stuff as well; like doing some work on old idioms like "A rolling stone gathers no moss" and "Shooting fish in a barrel". Not to mention myths that circulate around. It can be surprising sometimes what they bust or confirm.

Of course if you still don't like the show... eh, your choice.

Ninja Tank

May 19, 2009
this is my favorite stolen pixels so far it has the 3 things i find funny. Fallout 3 grenade in pocket, mythbusters, and Tf2 wacky.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
MGlBlaze said:
Oh give them a little more credit; they blow shit up, it's true, but they also do some real stuff as well; like doing some work on old idioms like "A rolling stone gathers no moss" and "Shooting fish in a barrel". Not to mention myths that circulate around. It can be surprising sometimes what they bust or confirm.

Of course if you still don't like the show... eh, your choice.
I do like their old stuff, when they tested myths that were actually debatable, and I enjoy their new viral video episodes, but everything else lately seems to just be a self parody.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
Explosions are stupid and lungs are delicous. Whole Discovery channel went dumb - sounds a lot like Mtv.

Angrywyvern

Sep 30, 2008
lol
You'd think the soldier would have more experience blowing things up than the engineer.
On the other hand, the engineer has more experience in science, but I don't know.
Good as always, Shamus.

Sicram

Mar 17, 2010
Aw yeah, mythbusters... man I've learned so MUCH from them, occasionally even USEFUL stuff! Also, concrete truck that goes boom looks awesome