Stolen Pixels #223: The Expensive Dimension

lesterley

Jul 25, 2008
Merry Shamus Day!

And now I'm very curious as to how you created that comic. Is there a hidden setting in Photoshop for that?

Leslee

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Shamus Young said:
Stolen Pixels #223: The Expensive Dimension

Hey, Stolen Pixels is in 3D!

Read Full Article
First of all, happy birthday, my man :D

Second, very nice touch this week :). I think I have a pair of 3D glasses lying around at home somewhere that I stole borrowed from my local cinema, and I've been trying to find a use for them that doesn't involve appearing to be an elitist arrogant hipster/scene kid trying to look 'edgy' by wearing them indoors. You've just given me the perfect excuse to try them now :D

Apr 28, 2008
The comic gave me a headache.

Is that what you wanted for your birthday Shamus? To give people headaches? Well happy birthday I suppose.

9of9

Feb 14, 2008
DTWolfwood said:
Shamus have you considered making it a Stereogram? that doesnt need glasses :D (you just need to make 2 comic strips side by side XD)

p.s. Way to age! Happy Bday
This. A cross-eye stereo option would be fantastic.

Actually, nevermind. Here's a simple one made in photoshop, just separating out the colour channels: http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7136/stolenpixels.jpg

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I felt like I was playing Rad Racer again. I'm sure I can tolerate the 3D glasses but the price is still a deal breaker.

sougo13

Sep 11, 2009
Great, I knew that I shouldn't threw those 3D glasses away.

Oh and happy birthday Shamus.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Unending approval for the 3D format.

BRING MOAR.

Also, congratulations on another successful revolution around the sun.

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
happy birthday! and may you live for another thousand years!

ot: i tried with some glasses but it dident seem to go in 3d, only slightly as far as i could see

edt: though now i can see it, nicely done

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
rembrandtqeinstein said:
wide format comic = better

you all scoff at 3d but when 3ds comes out it will be like an explosion of awesome
Damn it... I read that you said "but when 3d comes out it will be like an explosion of awesome" and I wanted to respond with a witty "3d came out in 1913 and it was considered a cheap trick" but you said 3DS..

Damn you people for not using capital letters :(.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Hmmm...you happen to post a comic about birthdays on TODAY of all days...how fascinating.

:)

Happy birthday, Shamus! <3
Well, I have a song for him.

This is your birthday song,
it isn't very long, HEY!

My math teacher taught us all how to sing it.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
MadeinHell said:
rembrandtqeinstein said:
wide format comic = better

you all scoff at 3d but when 3ds comes out it will be like an explosion of awesome
Damn it... I read that you said "but when 3d comes out it will be like an explosion of awesome" and I wanted to respond with a witty "3d came out in 1913 and it was considered a cheap trick" but you said 3DS..

Damn you people for not using capital letters :(.
I don't know maybe change it to something like "3ds will go over as well as when 3d originally came out in 1913" ? i dont know im not witty