Stolen Pixels #223: The Expensive Dimension

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
So, uh... closer objects are supposed to have the larger difference in visual position for each eye, right? It seemed to be the opposite in the comic. For those of you with the special glasses and having problems seeing the 3D, perhaps it was because the comic wasn't 3D but instead was actually anti-3D.

Dan Shive

Jun 9, 2008
I'm okay with the narrower strips, but the advantage of wider, in my opinion, is simply not having to scroll back up to read the commentary.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Bappy Hirthday to you Yhamus Soung.

#Puts on specs#
Hey it works, except for a couple of shadow men leering out of the 3-D effect. The shadow man is creepy.

Godeke

Jan 1, 2010
I like the wide format. I also like the text at the bottom... this may avoid people forgetting to scroll back up and read your text (now they will just willfully ignore it).

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Lousy Arkham Asylum glasses. I've lost 'em. Nevertheless, good comic, and happy belated birthday.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Heloooo? When will there be another stolen pixels comic? it's been like two weeks...
Hope nothing is wrong or something, don't mind me.

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
They sort of work. I mean, the only 3D parts are the speech bubbles, but those are quite cool anyway.

The Clinger

Dec 30, 2009
It worked on some of the images. On one though the offset was too much, but only for half of the image.

ETA: Yep, all except for the middle one worked fairly well. for that one the right side of the image was good, but the offset of the left side of the image for a red/blue effect was too much. It took all of my stereoscopic imaging ability (Two separate images side by side) to get the two images to blend, and then I couldn't get them to focus, as that is not how this kind of 3D works. Excuse me, I need to take a nap now. (Hits head on wall on way to bed.)

Zergadooful

Sep 30, 2010
Kollega said:
I have a pair of 3D glasses, but it never seems to work for me. NEVER. It's probably yet another disorder of mine. Some people decry 3D as "a stupid gimmick", but for me it's even more: a useless gimmick. I have to admit i haven't seen any actual 3D movies in the theater, but i doubt it'll work there either.

And happy birthday, Shamus.
Yeah, I'm blind in my left eye so it doesn't exactly work for me... :/