Stolen Pixels #234: Digdigdig

Mezzo.

Nov 19, 2009
That's exactly how I felt. Once I figured out how to build shit, I was building a house under a cliff with some reed gardens and a farm, with a glass tower to the sky on top of said cliff.

It's the ambition, man. It's so cathartic.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Hmmm... I've always wanted a life size Ship of the Line. Namely the Santísima Trinidad y Nuestra Señora del Buen Fin. I wonder if one can in Minecraft?

MorteSphere

Jul 8, 2009
Unrulyhandbag said:
MorteSphere said:
Unrulyhandbag said:
Actually the hi-res models of Breen and Metro look surprisingly okay in minecraft.

Hey notch! can you give us higher res player models?

no wait, it took me long enough to make a skin for the current models. don't bother.

MorteSphere said:
Try Dwarf Fortress.

Shit's nuts. Dem cast obsidian obelisks.
Or import dwarf fortress maps to minecraft :) [http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27744]
Boring in comparison.
True enough, but MC is far from finished and Notch seems interested in making it far more complex in the long run.
Once he makes it a lot more like First Person DF than it already is, I'll buy it.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
I like the comic, but I don't get the addiction. I tried the game, and never really got past "stage 2." It's like, okay, hmmm...Yeah, I'm done.
So you didn't play it is enough is what I hear :p

But ye Minecraft isn't for everyone so it would make sense.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
thefreeman0001 said:
everytime i see a comic like this i want to get minecraft.
You get to beat cows to death with a bunch of flowers by day and by night you lay in a ditch of filth and dirt while ungodly monstrosities try to claw their way in, what's not to like? ;D

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
MorteSphere said:
Unrulyhandbag said:
MorteSphere said:
Unrulyhandbag said:
Actually the hi-res models of Breen and Metro look surprisingly okay in minecraft.

Hey notch! can you give us higher res player models?

no wait, it took me long enough to make a skin for the current models. don't bother.

MorteSphere said:
Try Dwarf Fortress.

Shit's nuts. Dem cast obsidian obelisks.
Or import dwarf fortress maps to minecraft :) [http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27744]
Boring in comparison.
True enough, but MC is far from finished and Notch seems interested in making it far more complex in the long run.
Once he makes it a lot more like First Person DF than it already is, I'll buy it.
It will only be 10 Euro(or whatever) during Alpha, after Beta(I think) it will be 20. Beta starts at the end of the month if I'm not mistaken.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Seems to me I only get addicted to games with the word "craft" in it. Oh well, better get on to finding some coal, seriously there must be about ten blocks of the stuff in the whole world...

Xocrates

May 4, 2008
RejjeN said:
It will only be 10 Euro(or whatever) during Alpha, after Beta(I think) it will be 20. Beta starts at the end of the month if I'm not mistaken.
There is going to be a big update at the end of the month, but so far I haven't seen any indication it would be the start of the beta (and I seriously doubt it will be).

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Well, my giant Dark Tower of obsidian is almost finished too...
Now just to finish up the roof and add lava, lots and lots of lava...

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
I would write something about the comic here, but I'm busy creating a scale model Minas Tirith in Minecraft. Also, send help!

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
I'd post a long, thought out post, but I am too busy building my majestic castle built into the side of a cliff, complete with floating farm/garden/forest to do so.

Oh, right. Good comic.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Funny timing. I only started playing Minecraft yesterday, and it kept me up until 4 AM even though I actually wanted to go to sleep early. Terribly addictive.

What excites me most however, is the endless possibilities for variations and emergent gameplay that the simple game mechanics enable. I'm sure we will see alot of fascinating Minecraft spinoffs in the near future, in addition to the improvements on the original.