Stolen Pixels #234: Digdigdig

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
Hmmm... I've always wanted a life size Ship of the Line. Namely the Santísima Trinidad y Nuestra Señora del Buen Fin. I wonder if one can in Minecraft?
Isn't that the 140 gun monster in Napoleon Total War? Took so many broadsides even from my 122 gun first rate to put that thing down.

Since I've heard the map is like 6 times what Earth is that means someone could build a complete death star. Maybe a few star destroyers. We need a team of star wars fanatics working round the clock for a few months then the entire world will collectively brown it's pants at the sight of that much awesome.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
Hmmm... I've always wanted a life size Ship of the Line. Namely the Santísima Trinidad y Nuestra Señora del Buen Fin. I wonder if one can in Minecraft?
you can build ANYTHING you want in Minecraft. Literally anything. Hit up youtube for examples, there's one guy who built a life-size, 1:1 scale replica of the starship enterprise. It's utterly mindblowing.

PurpleSkull

Mar 20, 2009
I still wait till someone implements shamus "Craft of Craftcraft". I'll send help to that guy recreating minas Thirit, as soon as i finished the Taj Mahal out of Diamondblocks.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Ah, Minecraft. I never get sick of playing it, hearing about it, or inadvertently setting my massive Frank Lloyd Wright-style house on fire thanks to illogical physics.

tamerman

Jul 17, 2009
hey Shamus, you ever gunna do something like left 4 dumb again? now that the origional cast is on the scene again, you could bring them back, or just transfer to the new cast.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
Sgt. Sykes said:
Is there anyone who does NOT like that game so much? I haven't tried it yet, I'm not into anything sandbox (just want to have a linear experience, mostly), so just curious.
Minecraft is the pinnacle of sandbox gaming. It's completely open ended, with no goals or direction supplied to the user. It is literally only as fun as you make it.

So, if you're not into non-linear, or rather in this case no linear, gaming you may want to pass. However, I would cautiously suggest you try the free "Classic" version. No monsters, crafting, or death to worry about, just pure creation.

Goliathvv

Nov 8, 2009
I avoid playing minecraft. Why? Because every time I enter the game it takes at least 5 hours for me to exit it... Only to open my browser, find some post about minecraft and hop into it again.

Oh boy, here we go!

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Again, this looks like Dwarf Fortress with multiplayer.

Not saying that's a bad thing though, unless you consider being addicted a good one.

nagi

Mar 20, 2009
UtopiaV1 said:
I would write something about the comic here, but I'm busy creating a scale model Minas Tirith in Minecraft. Also, send help!
Will fifteen hundred cobblestones help, or you mean the other kind? (I actually blew up a couple of mountains for that stuff.)

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
Minecraft comics?

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Keep'em up, Shamus.

In fact, why not a "Shamus Plays: Minecraft"?
And then it would be followed by "Shamus Plays: More Minecraft" which would then be tailed by "Shamus Plays: Even More Minecraft" and then the exciting follow-up: "Shamus Plays: Collect Unemployment Checks"

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
MorteSphere said:
Unrulyhandbag said:
MorteSphere said:
Unrulyhandbag said:
Actually the hi-res models of Breen and Metro look surprisingly okay in minecraft.

Hey notch! can you give us higher res player models?

no wait, it took me long enough to make a skin for the current models. don't bother.

MorteSphere said:
Try Dwarf Fortress.

Shit's nuts. Dem cast obsidian obelisks.
Or import dwarf fortress maps to minecraft :) [http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27744]
Boring in comparison.
True enough, but MC is far from finished and Notch seems interested in making it far more complex in the long run.
Once he makes it a lot more like First Person DF than it already is, I'll buy it.
So all the guy really needs to add is elephants and angsty dwarves then? (also elves that act like pricks?)

EDIT: ZING!

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Obsidian is a pain in the bum to work with. if you missplace a block you've lost another 15 seconds of boring picking. Still, it's fun to build a Doomfortress out of Obsidian. mainly because it can't be destroyed by explosions.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
DTWolfwood said:
Isn't that the 140 gun monster in Napoleon Total War? Took so many broadsides even from my 122 gun first rate to put that thing down.

Since I've heard the map is like 6 times what Earth is that means someone could build a complete death star. Maybe a few star destroyers. We need a team of star wars fanatics working round the clock for a few months then the entire world will collectively brown it's pants at the sight of that much awesome.
the only reason i played spain too XD
adderseal said:
you can build ANYTHING you want in Minecraft. Literally anything. Hit up youtube for examples, there's one guy who built a life-size, 1:1 scale replica of the starship enterprise. It's utterly mindblowing.
Unfortunately the guy cheated on that project. Tho if he didnt id suppose it have taken him a life time. lol