Stolen Pixels #247: Her Price Is Right

Kjakings

Nov 18, 2009
Sparrow said:
Oh hoh hoh, if that was a joke about the English fuckuppery of the banking system and our downfall into a recession... screw you, bro! If not, this was not nearly as smart enough as to my liking. Hah! Worm your way out of THAT one!
And yet, our money is still worth more than theirs.

88chaz88

Jul 23, 2010
Err Shamus... Do I really need to point out that £ > $, thereby making the joke nonsensical?

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Okay, it implies that the reader has a girlfriend, which omits married dudes, straight women, half of the guys in prison, and all priests.
It also omits gamers. Ba-dum tssshhhhh!

P.S. Thanks

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
I maintain that the ad suggests that the proposed girlfriend is "cheap" per default, and the wonder if the pricing on this game is that it is somehow even "cheaper" than that.
So excuse me while I still think it's a travesty of a campaign.

mobsterlobster

Sep 13, 2009
My girlfriend is cheaper than £30. She costs nothing because she's imaginary. I wonder if I can get games for free using that logic.

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
Okay, it implies that the reader has a girlfriend, which omits married dudes, straight women, half of the guys in prison, and all priests.

And gay dudes.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Yay! He's back!

Just to point out though, even though both of our economies our down the gutter, British Pounds are still worth more than US Dollars. A $60-$70 game costs £40-£50 here. And a new PC game costs £30.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Of course, it implies that Pounds Sterling was a crap currency. It isn't: Euros are.

Ninjariffic

VP of Winning
Jan 24, 2008
DeadlyYellow said:
Irridium said:
YES! Stolen Pixels is back!

Unless this is just some clever April Fools joke... I know your train of thought...
Please. It's not like he has a one track mind.

OT: Sure beats my $1.99 a minute joke I made when I saw the article on the Escapist.
Oh god. I thought I'd seen the light at the end of the tunnel and escaped the puns. Turns out it was a train.

You two are close to getting express tickets to a kick in the caboose.