Stop what you're doing, and look down ....

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
i have some HP keyboard XD plugged into a dell.

:3 love it though
1) it was free from a former co-worker
2) it has a VOLUME KNOB ON IT :D that by it self makes it the most awesome keyboard ever

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
Mine is an Apple Wireless Keyboard.

I also have their wired version with a numeric keypad - they don't make a Wireless version that size. Besides, being right-handed it is quicker to acquire the mouse when it can be that little bit closer to the keyboard and more comfortable to move around without a twisted wrist.

I had wanted one of these:

Unfortunately, the use of mercury prohibited its import.

You see, I wanted to etch my own keyboard layout onto its blank keys, rather than muck around with yellowing sticky labels. I had developed an accessible layout for technophobes that kept the Alphabet in order, yet was marginally more efficient than QWERTY. This was confirmed by an analysis of the commonly pressed letters, i.e. ETAOIN SHRDLU as well as the alternation between the fingers of both hands:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ETOIN_SHRDLU

For example, the number line is changed to:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ÷ x - +

With 'escape' becoming 'erase' so that it can be used in conjunction with mouse selections.

All keys carry only one symbol and the Alternate key (a downwards pointing arrow below the Shift key) may be held to obtain frequently used mathematical and currency symbols. Greek letters are not supported, nor are accented characters for foreign languages. I made it for myself.

I really like the way Apple have made the Magic Trackpad fit alongside the left edge of their keyboard, I think it has great potential for use in 3D modeling software - i.e. spinning a selected object as if it were inside a trackball, rotating it whilst keeping the same side facing you and zoom. It would be nice if there was a way to have the mouse, or the stylus of my Wacom tablet select and operate tools upon this spinning 'ball' somewhat in the manner of a potter's wheel, but on a cursory investigation of the API they have the same HID codes - which in other words means that all pointing devices are linked to the one and only pointer (try using both a trackpad and a mouse at the same time to see what I mean).

Tom Artingstall

Sep 23, 2011
I see the cold, logical blue backlighting of an Alienware laptop's magnificent keyboard. Close on six months I've had it now and I've yet to clean the keys once. The steady build-up of grime is slowly covering the letters, making the illumination, and thus the letters, difficult to read. This does not bother me however, for I learned years ago to type without so much as a downward glance at my keys.

It's seen me through City 17 more times than I care to admit. It's both saved and destroyed Megaton. Ferelden, the Capital Wastelands and Cyrodill have all both suffered and flourished by the keystrokes made there. In the grim darkness of the 40th millenium, it has seen the men of the Imperial Guard stand their ground against impossible odds, hurling themselves into the frey without thought for their own lives, all at the command of my mighty keys.

All this in such a short space of time. Here's to the next six months, my shiny Alienware laptop and your filthy, grimy, glowy blue keyboard.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Looks down and...oh not that far down geesh you could have said that before.

Mmm well this laptop is about 2,5 year old and I use its in build keyboard. It works what can I say and I use it to type my ungodly long passwords on it. It looks well used some letters definitely lost their well letters. And since I moved my gaming to the PS3 it hasn't been used for games.

So it is not that much a story really. Now my old pc's did get to enjoy a basic but good logitech keyboard. You know what I mean those are always so good :)

I know a friend that does strips laptops and cleans them. He is kinda a neat freak like that.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
My keyboard is an old DELL that I don't remember where I got from. It works just fine though.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I use whatever I get my hands on. I have two older keyboards, two newer keyboards and this netbook. I appreciate them for still working despite the dubious amount of care and maintenance I give them...

The Floating Nose

Dec 5, 2010
Yellowbeard said:
My 8 year-old Logitech wireless Elite; I can't wait to get rid of it, and yet I can't find a suitable substitute. What the fuck is with keyboard design, anyway? Media keys are supposed to be EASIER and QUICKER to use than doing things normally, so why does everyone make the useful ones tiny and put them on the wrong side of the board? Or do retarded things like Saitek using buttons for volume control and an analog dial to adjust the coloured backlight. My Logitech has four enormous Play/Pause, Skip and Stop buttons with a volume dial and a mute button right in the middle, friggin' perfect.

Screw this, I'm getting a mechanical with MX Browns, if I can find one.

The Floating Nose said:
Im using an old as shit IBM and it still works pretty darn well.
A Model M? I miss my parents' old one.
No, it's a grey and white SK-8811 model. These model M are awesome. Mine is not as old though.