Strange movies to make you cry

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Has anyone cried from a movie that maybe shouldn't have made you cry?

There is a certain movie that always makes me choked up, can you guess it?

"FREEEEEEEEDDDOOOOOOMMMMMMMuhhh" q.q

There is actually a lot of random stuff that gets me choked up, like in the Nolan Batman movies, whenever he reveals his identity through a past experience with the person.

vv85

May 25, 2013
In Iron Man 2, I cried when Stark watched the film of his dad (I have a ...'bad' relationship w my father, dont know why that one set me off tho)

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
I don't know why but last night I watched the film Seven Psychopaths and got teary at the end.

Can't really remember if a movie and dead set made me cry but I'll admit to getting doey eyes occasionally.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I'm about to move to Hawaii for a while, so I figured it would be a good time to brush up on Hawaiian culture by watching Lilo and Stitch. I watched the original and the sequel, and OH GOD they get SO SAD. When Lilo is taken by Gantu and Nani is just completely shaken and clueless about what to do, and she just cries, I don't see any parent NOT getting a cold feeling in their gut at that scene. I got tears and I'm not even a parent, though I am an older brother. Then the sequel, which has absolutely no villain at all, it's just Lilo trying to make her dead mom proud and Stitch slowly dying in a chaotic fashion. The scene where he finally dies because Lilo didn't catch on until it was too late was just AAAAAAAAUUUGH. He got better, but DAMN if I didn't sob a little. Well done, guy who made Lilo and Stitch. Well done.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I always get a little teary when Woody says "You're flying!" and Buzz corrects him "I'm falling with style" at the end of Toy Story. The Toy Story movies can get pretty emotive on their own, but I don't think that one bit is scripted to be "emotional". It still is to me.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Kolby Jack said:
Then the sequel, which has absolutely no villain at all, it's just Lilo trying to make her dead mom proud and Stitch slowly dying in a chaotic fashion. The scene where he finally dies because Lilo didn't catch on until it was too late was just AAAAAAAAUUUGH. He got better, but DAMN if I didn't sob a little. Well done, guy who made Lilo and Stitch. Well done.
Wait, there's a sequel to Lilo and Stich?!?! Well I know what I'm doing for the next hour and a half.

OT: I don't think I've ever cried at movies that other people wouldn't have. Though sometimes I get teary-eyed before the sad scenes when I re-watch something, 'cause then I already know what's coming, which makes the happy scenes before so much more sad. D;

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
sky14kemea said:
Kolby Jack said:
Then the sequel, which has absolutely no villain at all, it's just Lilo trying to make her dead mom proud and Stitch slowly dying in a chaotic fashion. The scene where he finally dies because Lilo didn't catch on until it was too late was just AAAAAAAAUUUGH. He got better, but DAMN if I didn't sob a little. Well done, guy who made Lilo and Stitch. Well done.
Wait, there's a sequel to Lilo and Stich?!?! Well I know what I'm doing for the next hour and a half.

OT: I don't think I've ever cried at movies that other people wouldn't have. Though sometimes I get teary-eyed before the sad scenes when I re-watch something, 'cause then I already know what's coming, which makes the happy scenes before so much more sad. D;
Yea. It was supposed to be a theater release, so it's pretty high quality, but Disney I guess remembered at the last second that Disney sequels don't tend to do well at the box office so they shoved it straight to video. It's pretty good, but honestly my favorite part of it was the preview narrator: "It's Lilo and Stitch, but this time, Stitch... has a glitch! Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch, available on DVD."

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
I'm a grown man, and all pixar movies make me cry. Weird thing is, I didn't cry in Toy Story 1 and 2 when I first watched it as a kid.

Mournful Crow

May 1, 2012
Cheaper By the Dozen. Beans died, and nobody cared... That's what set me off... Of course, I was about eight or ten at the time, so... Yeah...

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
You would think that it wouldn't be possible for a movie to make you tear up at Arnold Schwarzenegger's death scene, but somehow Terminator 2 pulled it off. And then again a movie starring Jet Li called The Sorcerer and the White Snake, that ending, oh GOD that ending. I challenge anyone on the Escapist to watch that movie and not cry at the ending.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
While not strange in the slightest, I just want to say that I cried like a baby at the end of Toy Story 3

...my date didn't.

It was kinda awkward >_>

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
I cried at the end of Green Mile but it's not a strange movie to cry to... Cried at the end of Okami thought. Don't know if it counts...

ShipofFools

Apr 21, 2013
Every time I watch Soylaris my eyes start discharging all sorts of fluids.
And it's not like it's a sad, dramatic film. Barely anything happens in it!
But the atmosphere of the film just gets to you, instant depression, I guess.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I cry at the end of every movie. Doesn't matter what it's about or what's happening on the screen at the time, but 5-10 minutes before the credits roll and I'm tearing up. No idea why.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
That bit in Bedknobs and Broomsticks where the old British armour goes to fight the German soldiers.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I get chills and cry at the battle scenes in LOTR.
maybe it has something to do with seeing so many horses.

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
Anything related to Pee Wee Herman. Just something about his child like innocence makes me a little teary.
Please, don't make really obvious jokes about Paul Reubens, it's not 1993.

Also, the movie VHF, specifically anything involving the janitor or his epic speech about mopping.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
thaluikhain said:
That bit in Bedknobs and Broomsticks where the old British armour goes to fight the German soldiers.

Bagpipes make anything at least 10x more emotional.

The marching song bit from The Wind that Shakes the Barley. I get that it's an emotional film, but this bit doubly so. I guess it's strange as I'm English. I just respect the old IRA (before they started civilians in England) and the mist and the singing, and the marching makes it so atmospheric... and there I go again...