Strange things that get your blood boiling

Sep 13, 2009
Relish in Chaos said:
Parents who don?t know how to fucking parent their children, either in public or private, and then expect the government to be their bloody nannies. If you can?t handle your kids, you shouldn?t have them in the first place.
I hear this a lot from people, and I wonder if their opinion would change if they had to raise the kind of kid they see making a fuss or throwing tantrums. Having had a brother that threw regular temper tantrums, it can be pretty damn difficult. My youngest brother was absolutely horrible to try and keep in check, he'd throw temper tantrums over the most ridiculous things and nothing could calm him down. We actually had to hold him down to the seat of the van once with him writhing and freaking out just so we could get home from the part. If we didn't, he would dart towards the door of the moving vehicle and try to get out.

I don't know if you're referring to public temper tantrums and kids acting out when they don't get what they want or something entirely different, but just wanted to say that it really is not nearly as easy as a lot of the people criticizing these parents seem to think

Parenting can mediate these situations, but some kids are just really difficult to raise.

wisemithrandir

Nov 21, 2010
The person who inevitably shows up in these threads, passively condemning everyone who takes part in said thread.

"The thing that gets my blood boiling is people who complain about such small things that other people do! Why can't you all just be perfect like me! Why? WHY!? LOVE ME!!!!"

You know, that type.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
T0ad 0f Truth said:
For something strange I do hate. It's stickers. I fucking hate how they feel and actually pushed my cousin over hard once when we were little because she put one on the back of my neck. She totally did it on purpose too, troll. XD
Me too, the same goes for wet paper. When some weird kid in class would eat paper, I wretched a little. That's just fucking grim.

What's pissing me off a lot these days are people getting really angry over things and blaming 'the man' or 'the government'. For example, we've had a shitload of flooding around here, and apparently because it happened last year the government is magically supposed to know that this is what happens now. One event is not a trend, and what were you expecting when you bought a house on a floodplain? Also- the whole Russel Brand thing. It's idiotic populist bollocks, if you're angry about how politics is at the moment, get off your arse and do something about it rather than walk away. The entire Mark Duggan outrage is utterly moronic too, especially the people I've heard moaning about how 'of course the police would get their own off the hook', ignoring the fact that we have civilian fucking juries.

I feel like I've come off as a bit of a Tory, which is terrible. I'm not an especially big fan of the government either but sometimes, just sometimes, it's not their fault.

Oh, and people who get annoyed when you say things like 'this band is fucking dreadful' and feel the need to point out that it's like, your opinion, man. Of course it fucking is, that's why I said it. Don't be so damned pedantic.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Malty Milk Whistle said:
Communal masturbation! Also. Doge is useful in real-life situations. Especially when people don't understand that 'wow, so drinking' isn't a genuine compliment toward their shot count.

Professor_Page said:
Country music in general, and how country music fans get down on rock fans because they say its immoral. I have hardly ever heard a country song that didn't fit into one of the following categories:sex, drinking, my truck, my girlfriend left me, look at my hunting dog. Hell, most songs from all genres fit into some of these categories but country fans are so holier-than-thou about their brand of music that just listening to it starts rustling my jimmies. Now not all country fans are this way but I have certainly met more of the previous kind.
Country music is just emo music with an acoustic guitar and a dry throat.

SirPigglesworth

Aug 14, 2012
username sucks said:
As for something unusual that I dislike, I would have to say it's people who talk in a movie theater...
Reminds me of when I watched Hobbit 2 in the cinema, these kids ( aged about 12-13) were climbing over the seats walking around with torches shining them in peoples eyes, throwing popcorn at people, clapping, talking and giggling. If you don't have the patience to watch a 3 hour movie don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Something that annoys me is that "Keep calm and carry on" meme thing. It feels like the most cynical unimaginative way to make a joke. It is literary this "Keep calm and (relevant quote from fanbase)" Here's one a made earlier http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/p/keep-calm-and-watch-zero-puntuation/ it took no effort. It's taking one thing people like (Keep calm) and another thing (relevant pop culture thing) sticking them together and then lying on back patting your tummy and waiting for the internet points to come rolling in.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
SaneAmongInsane said:
She makes her heroic entrance and POW! bullet to the throat. Kill Ron and the Molerat. No big speech. No climatic fight to the finish. Just quick, it's done, they're dead 5 minutes into the episode and the camera doesn't cut. The rest of the 20 minutes is just the camera staying on their corpses. Credits.

Fucking dark, but its what I think about every time I hear the song or GOD FORBID someone makes that distinct beep their text message sound.
There's a Rule 34 comic that goes a lot darker than that. So there's always that for you (if you ever manage to find it). The one I'm thinking of (not the Kimcest one) starts off with a faceless guy coming in and shooting their teacher in the head. Ends in a hospital with someone as a mindless vegetable and someone else as limbless and shattered by their ordeal. Sorry I can't remember the name. But it sounds like something you might enjoy.

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
People using "Freedom of Speech" as a get-out-of-jail-free card in a discussion.

Sure when it comes to opinions it's OK having a dissenting opinion. However, when someone uses freedom of speech to spread lies and wilful ignorance (like Michelle Bachmann railing against a vaccine that could save peoples lives), followed by people saying "Well he/she's free to believe that". NOT WHEN LIVES ARE AT RISK YOU LITTLE TWIT!!!!

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
People who dismiss rap and hip-hop as "just a bunch of gangstas bragging about what they own."
Bullshit, and you shouldn't make judgements if you can't even be bothered to scratch the surface.

People who text and drive. IT'S A FUCKING PHONE YOU MORON, IF YOU ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, HAVE TO CONTACT THEM RIGHT NOW, THEN USE YOUR PHONE'S PRIMARY FUCKING FUNCTION AND CALL THEM.
I simply can't express in words how much it pisses me off, not only have they decided to risk knocking down someone so they don't have to go 10 fucking minutes without saying some inane, pointless bullshit to whatever fool of a friend they're contacting. But they've decided to do so in the single most stupid way possible.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Reading some Conan the Barbarian the other night; Robert E Howard spells 'surprise' as 'surprize'. Was vaguely annoyed, but moved on.

Back to work, reading 'The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists' by English author Robert Tressell. And he does it too.

Now I have two fewer teeth. Thanks, lads.

Also, cutesypoo internet comics that try to go for the feels or talk about mental illness. I just find 99% of them to be immensely patronising, like when people stick their lower lips out at you and say "awww, got the blues?" when you make any passing reference to depression.

That's never happened.

May 29, 2011
wisemithrandir said:
The person who inevitably shows up in these threads, passively condemning everyone who takes part in said thread.

"The thing that gets my blood boiling is people who complain about such small things that other people do! Why can't you all just be perfect like me! Why? WHY!? LOVE ME!!!!"

You know, that type.
I bet you were going to be that guy, and then you posted this comment instead.

We're onto you.