Strangest glitch you've ever encountered in a game.

this_was_a_mistake

May 22, 2008
i think we all experienced this before, so what was the wierdest glitch you've ever seen?

the wierdest glitch i've ever saw (and actually fucked up my whole game) was while i was playing oblivion. i became a vampire and immediately went out to find a cure. when i got to the part where i had to give the ingredients to the old lady, where i noticed that the "bloodgrass" option wasn't there, and my strategy guide (yes, i used to read strategy guides) said you needed some. i gave her all my ingredients, but she couldn't take the bloodgrass. from then on i was stuck as a vampire and became fustrated that i can't go into the light without sucking someones blood, and everytime i sleep, it gets worse. it has been a few months (in real life)since i became a vampire until i downloaded shivering isles, which fixed this glitch. now i'm back to normal. okey, it's not exactly strange, but it fustrated me.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Double talent points in World of Warcraft. Shame they were gone after the next maintainance.

ZwitterZwitter

Mar 5, 2008
One time I was playing Baldur's Gate 2. To be specific, the Umar Hills quest. I'd just barely gotten into the temple ruins whereupon I encountered a couple of Skeleton Warriors. Since I didn't feel like going to all the trouble of fighting them, I tried to lure them up the stairs into the light outside that would destroy them. As soon as the map loaded, I was somewhat surprised by the fact that the two skeletons had both turned into Biff the Understudy, a very minor character from another quest. It was one of the most surreal gaming experiences I've ever had outside of something by Tim Schafer.

Zombie_King

May 26, 2008
Asehujiko said:
Double talent points in World of Warcraft. Shame they were gone after the next maintainance.
My WoW buddies and I had a mrfcking FIELD DAY when we found out this glitch. A week later and it was gone. But for 7 days, I was on top of the world. WoW is famous for glitches, but ten million people play it; you can't expect every server to work perfectly fine every second. I've found various WoW 'glitches.' I mean, y'know, enemies you can't attack. But the reason I put quotation marks on 'glitch' is because they're not really glitches. After a year or so of playing, you just kind of expect that kinda stuff. The weirdest thing I've seen in WoW is when a guy was 71. On US server Drenden, a guy hacked his GM friend's computer and raised himself to 71. Not so much a glitch, as the start of a frantic race to reach 71 until a REAL GM told us there is no level 71. One of the weirdest glitches I've ever experienced off WoW, was in Killzone: Liberation for the PSP. A decent game, I guess, at least for gaming on the go. First I had infinite ammo (this was without cheat codes, mind you), then the enemies all kinda shifted in circles and dodged bullets and whatnot. Finally, I fell and it would never stop, but a game reset put an end to that. I went in and got it serviced, and it was fine.

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
In the original Rainbow Six Vegas there was a glitch that required you to take cover near a mounted gun and then try to activate it while in cover. Successfully doing so would glitch your character into floating around in the spread feet stance used to operate the gun. Only the characters arms moved and even then they always pointed back to the mounted gun. The best part was that you could pull the trigger and the powerful rounds would always hit were you pointed no matter where you were on the map. With unlimited ammo and near perfect accuracy we used to call it the Hand of God.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
A Closed beta for an upcoming game about war or something. A crit talent that instead of giving 2% crit gave 200% crit making it so you always critical hit on a class where anytime you critical hit on an attack you would heal yourself for 5% of your total health but that heal could also crit hence making you invincible and the cost of hearing the heal proc spam 30 times per second.

Nugoo

Jan 25, 2008
Playing Neverwinter Nights 2, for reasons that elude me, all the attacks against my party dealt 0 damage. And not the damage reduction type of 0 damage, where there's no number that floats off the top of your head, but the type of 0 damage when a character with acid resistance gets hit with Melf's Acid Arrow. It lasted through area transitions, too. It wasn't until I saved and reloaded that things went back to normal.

DeMaCa14

May 7, 2008
My weirdest glitch (and i've had some gems) was in Splinter Cell: Double Agent
On one level in a hotel I'm moving in on this guy who's stood in front of sink. I stealth it up to him, do the old knife in the throat deal, and he falls into the sink. But literally into the sink. His body passed through the cupboard until realism seemed to set back and he was trapped. Only the waist up could be seen and it looked like it was sticking out of the plug hole, then the guy just continued to thrash around for a good 10 minutes.

GreatVladmir

May 25, 2008
Favorite glitch has got to be C&C Renegade, being able to fire the GDI MRLS over mountains into the Nod base, its allways gave me a chuckle, even when I played as Nod, although now I look back at it, really it was a fucking annoying glitch.

Oh and I like C&C Generals best glitch, sometimes, when an Aoura Bomber is shot down, it will continue to circle where it died for the rest of the game, which is allways funny to see and the ghost unit glitch, where units will die, but keep on moving and go to attack its inteded target.

slaygore

Mar 6, 2008
When I was playing God of War 2, I was walking towards those insanely huge horses in the island of creation. All of a sudden everything disappears except the background. The horses, the ground, everything except the sky was gone. It was like Kratos was flying. Then all of a sudden I just die and its game over. Restarted the game and I never got that glitch ever again.

UpInSmoke

May 14, 2008
I made an extremely agile Khajit in Oblivion, and once I'd gotten the boots of Bloody Bounding (I think), I was capable of jumping from the ground, to a rooftop, and from there I could jump over the wall into or out of any given town. The only problem is that the town (or outside world) doesn't load when you jump over the wall, so all I got was a glitchy mess of half rendered buildings (or forest) that was designed only to be viewed from a distance. Not so much a glitch, but a pointless exploit on my part.

Fallensky7

May 21, 2008
In version 1.5 of Counter-Strike, i had a video rendering glitch with my GeForce MX440 that allowd me to see through walls and if i stuck my gun really close to the wall i coud shoot through them. I was legit, worked online, never got booted for cheating. Greatest days of my life. I have no idea what made it happen.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Any time you glitch out in the recent Prince of Persia trilogy, because you can rewind to before the glitch, and avoid doing what caused the glitch in the first place. That's always fun. "Crap. I have to waste sand again because my face is inverted and backward. (Rewind's, avoids area that caused glitch, moves on)."

InProgress

Feb 15, 2008
One of the most annoying glitches I have had were in:

Prince of Persia Sands of Time: On the elevator level where you fight like a mad man to save Farah. After defeating every monster, the cinematic kicks in, and I hit Esc to go get a drink. After returning, I get back into the game, Farah starts running towards the exit and disappears, and I get the Game over screen...

Assassin's Creed on the PC: In Acre, I was going to get all the viewpoints. I go to a small tower (those that are one story high) climb it, and get inside the tower. I couldn't get out because Altair couldn't run on walls.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
ok since this is almost a bethsada glitch thread, i'm going old school with this

in daggerfall you could go into a store, loot the store but don't leave it, loiter in the store until after dark, the dude would still be there, sell all the stuff you just got from him back to him, rinse, repeat, profit

DGKT93

May 24, 2008
not really a glitch but the goat thing on tony hawk proving ground and underground 2 is just wrong! also a begger randomly did a wall run on assassins creed!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Probably the sword flying glitch in Halo 2.

Or the wall glitch in GT4 test track that lets you reach 50'000kph+ and rocket of the end of the track. It never gets old watching the green dot vanish into the distance.

KatanaSeth

May 21, 2008
The Ice Climbers character freezing glitch in super smash bros melee. Shame you couldn't turn it off...I beat the crap out of someone through boredom and got it to 999. I wanted to kill someone at 999% without setting damage =(

Fronken

May 10, 2008
One of the weirdest glitches i've encountered was in Assassins Creed, where i managed to jump out of the world, was in a chase containing about 10 guards and a templar, when i was climbing on the wall, to then jump over the street and continue climbing the other side (perfect for getting rid of the guards), but the thing that suprised me was that the wall on the other side to where i jumped apparently didnt excist, so i jumped through it only to fall for a minute or so then die