Strongest and weakest female characters of all time?

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
Alyx Vance certainly is the most memorable female character, so i choose her.

T5seconds

Sep 12, 2009
The3Apocalypses said:
Strong- Elizabeth Greene - Just so overpowered, it's ridiculous.
Weak- Zelda - has she ever done anything, really, other than give you a couple of arrows?
Rember that zelda turns into
shiek... and shiek is an awesome ninja badass...

Feb 14, 2008
Lt. Vinciti said:
Kurohime & Twilight Princess Midna?

lord canti said:
And for weakest character I'd say your sister in shadow of the collosus since she's kind of dead.
fix'd

OT:
Strongest: Naija from Aquaria, she has amnesia and in order to cure it kills no less than 6 or 7 god-like beings, absorbing their power.
Weakest: Well... Kyrie from DMC4?

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
The3Apocalypses said:
Weak- Zelda - has she ever done anything, really, other than give you a couple of arrows?
her attacks are pretty mean in Brawl, if you sweetspot them, that is. plus shes a transvestite (sheik *cough cough*).

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
strong: Eva from MGS3. she could actually make Snake think of something else than his mission, plus she was helpful.

weak: Feiyan from Titan Quest. every time you meet her, shes either angry at you from saving her (?!) or she´s been pwned by a Telkine.

almost forgot another awesome one: Taokaka from Blazblue. shes the descendant of the most powerful creature alive, she has the most hilarious speech pattern in history and shes a cat that´s ALWAYS hungry.

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Strongest: Samus or Zelda. Samus because she is just awesome and has no problems with anything that gets in her way, Zelda because of her Alter-Ego.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
I'm seriously the only person who's voted for Kerrigan/Queen of Blades as the strongest female character? The the calculating mastermind of the swarm and, arguably, the best villain in a video game? oO Where the hell are all the StarCraft peo--...Oh, right...Playing StarCraft. <_<

Scythas

May 19, 2009
Meryl, from MGS?

Really up to you if you want to take her as best or worst. I mean, on one hands, she leads the RAT PATROL nicely, but on the other hand Snake seems to have to constantly bail her out of trouble.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Strong: Samus (durrhurr), woman from R:FoM, and would Zoey and Rochelle count? Or are they not really proper characters?

Weak: Peach, Anything from Japan, everything else (Game developers are such Michael Bay fans)

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007

Come back and try and fight them when you've got as much destructive power as most national nuclear arsenals ;)

Areck

Oct 23, 2009
Strong Females are rather abundant, but you have to consider some du-alitys. Take Peach for example, in any platforming mario game she is always the primary objective. In most Mario RPGs she is a secondary objective who seems to play the role of double agent, providing helpful items and information(Paper Mario would of been hell without the Timed actions ability), a few instances she even joins your party to help save the world. Peach never says or does anything in a platforming game but if you dig into her RPG character a bit she has a rebellious streak and above average willpower. Samus is a must for strong simply because she lives the lifestyle she does despite no real necessity. You could venture to guess she enjoys her work, even though she is rather faceless.

A women I consider weak though is Airea (Think I spelled her name right) from Baldur's Gate 2: Shadow of Amn. As a male character she will use you as a crutch to deal with her horrible past, and booting her from the group will anger her childishly and she will disappear from the game world. No idea what happens to her but most assume she dies due to her frailty and emotionally unstable nature. She does provide a romance plot but the general reaction of your party to her presence will be agitated, they will strike up random conversations about how she isn't careful enough and isn't fit for adventuring, which provides plenty of opportunities for her to grow angry and leave permanently. Generally she is a nuisance but her Mage and Cleric spells push me to bring her along each time I play the game. Last virtual chick I'll demean is Yuzu from Shin Megami Tensai: Devil Survivor. Despite the general flow of events every player experiences she still opts to run away from the mess and, spoiler, her ending isn't the happiest. Her self-preserving attitude is symbolic with weak-willed humans who run from the obstacles at hand covering their ears, unwilling to hear their punishment and task.

I'm really just analyzing their characters since 'strongest' and 'weakest' can differ from person to person. The traits I value most are a above average will power and independence

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
GloatingSwine said:

Come back and try and fight them when you've got as much destructive power as most national nuclear arsenals ;)
Hi, I'm A random person, aka our resident Nanoha fanboy, and I approve this message.

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
Most of the female characters in Valve games are fairly strong characters as they are not walking cleavage...
Team Ninja makes the weakest if your looking at a realism point of view, they just staple a couple of G-cuppers on a twig in a bikini and say its a girl.
That is in my opinion the devs who create good and bad female characters (although there are more).

Aug 17, 2009
Samus is pretty much the best, outside of a female protagonist in massive RPGs like Oblivion and Mass Effect, but I'd assume they're exempt.

Weakest (in terms of personality) would probably be either Laura Croft (in the modern remake), or Bayonetta, seeing as they're just the "I am a strong woman so I need absolutely no help fighting the various demons and beasties I encounter, because I'm a well-rounded character like that." character that, in my opinion, is more offensive than the bimbo character, because at the very least the bimbo character is usually happy and sometimes even helpful.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
I'm gonna be honest... After having my arse kicked by her all last night (DAMN YOU IdealistCommi!), I'm gonna have to go with Lilith from Borderlands (also, every so often, when you kill something with her, she lets out a contemptuous little laugh and a "Hah! I'm really good at this!", which is utterly badass). Honourable mentions go to Rochelle and Zoey from the Left4Dead series for services against rabies-infected humanity and Talim from Soul Calibur for being the only character I've seen so far that apologises as she kicks the crap out of you.

Weakest... Yeah, any of the bints that get kidnapped all the time. Peach comes to mind.