Strongest and weakest female characters of all time?

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Weakest: The princess from Price of Persia. All she does is sit in a tower moping about the giant hourglass slowly ticking away the 60 minutes she has left to live if the prince fails to defeat the wizard.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
For my money the strongest character is one that you will build yourself. Take any RPG that allows for custom character creation and make yourself a strong female character. That's one thing I love about Fallout 2, you have the choice to make the female character strong or not. And it's harder to make and keep her character strong because there are heavily sexist influences to the contrary. Like the ability to sleep with people to get what you want. The point is you get to choose how you play her rather than the scripted nonsense of most things.

As for non RPG games, Samus, Chell, Vance, and Valentine all come to mind, and have been said many times.

Weakest...well there's Peach, who's so one dimensional. I understand that she has had times to shine, but even then it becomes that she's the hero with no mention of her past as damsel, and when she's the damsel she seems to forget she can be heroic. Just bland, though I love saving her with ye olde Italian plumber by jumping on walking mushrooms and such.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
CanOfBeans said:
Heather from silent hill 3 is also a strong character, mainly because she didnt go crazy from the event that happened to her. heck i dont think i would survive the horrors of silent hill.
No, she isn't. I love her to bits and she's my favourite character of all time, but she's not a strong person. That's the point. The cult was trying break her and they did. She didn't throw in the towell though which is means she isn't that weak, but she isn't strong. She's a teenage girl and pulled her off perfectly, almost.
I spent the entire game wanted to give her a kiss on the cheek and a cuddle and tell her everything will work out fine.

SithLibrarian

Mar 20, 2009
Big, big shout out to Elena Fisher from Uncharted.
When it comes to games (and movies) like Uncharted, the female character is typically forced into the screamie, slapsticky role whose "big scene" usually involves saving the hero from danger through ridiculous means (Kate Capshaw and Karen Allen come to mind).

Elena Fisher is the polar opposite. She's strong, she smart, she's certainly beautiful and she often forces Drake to cowboy up. She is a support character through and through - not an accessory.

Threx

Nov 9, 2009
Lara Croft for strongest and Princess Peach I mean how many times till she figures out. Bowsers not a good guy.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
The3Apocalypses said:
Strong- Elizabeth Greene - Just so overpowered, it's ridiculous.
Weak- Zelda - has she ever done anything, really, other than give you a couple of arrows?
what about sheik?

OT: strongest is samus (ass aid many times before)

and weakest is... woah there is too many to choose from

Ph33nix

Jul 13, 2009
weakest, peach she gets kidnapped weekly and is a princess, fail.

strongest: My sisters mass effect character, we started one she gave up on it and so I started playing it and finished ever side quest and got maxed out armor and weapons. I one hit basically everything and 5 or 6 hits for the final battle

BigFurry

Jul 6, 2009
Strong would be Samus (no surprise)

The weakest has to be Ashley from RE4. God fucking dammit I have sacrificed many a game over just to shut her retarded whore mouth up. There is no way to explain how annoyingly useless she is!

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
I dunno about the strongest, there's a few good candidates (probably Yuna from FFX, the woman does know she's going to die but keeps going, alternatively Lulu, who's had to go through a journey three times knowing the person she's protecting is going to die, that is not an easy thing to do)

Definitely the weakest (which here is synonymous with stupidest) is female Shephard from Mass Effect. She let's a princess who's looking for a big, fancy present for her species learn the intricate workings of her State-of-the-fucking-art ship, let's a walking armory with scales who's a little sore about shit that's gone down (some of it yours) hang around next to her tank and additional guns as well as a frustrated rent-a-cop who feels his job would be a lot easier if he was allowed to kill everything, and tops it all off by assigning a gun-toting, short-tempered xenophobe watch over the three of them.

Of course that's still the situation with male Shephard but seriously...

Halo Fanboy

Nov 2, 2008
I have no clue what's going on here and i can tell most posters don't either. I'm not sure why "strong" seems to be reffering to all positive characteristics and "weak" all negative charactersitics. Using the literal meaning of the words: strongest is ultimecia since she destroys the pass present and future except for seven people, weakest is the Namine that replace Kairi in Sora's heart because she is useless, a Mcguffin, actually evil and nonexistant. These seems like a pretty useless topic when we consider that nearly every videogame character is way more useful than any average person, even Peach. Peach is probably more unlucky than weak considering she is at least as strong as Mario (her glide probably makes her the best character SMB2.)
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
Weakest ("I am a strong woman so I need absolutely no help fighting the various demons and beasties I encounter, because I'm a well-rounded character like that.")
That's a really awquard definition for a weak character. Your examples don't even make much sense. Lara respects and recieves help from her radio team. And Bayonetta has Enzo and possibly other friends, Maybe her aloofness is a character flaw but ultimatly what she cares about most is her daughter.

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
Horny Ico said:
I was once thrown on my back by a gernade in Resident Evil 4. Ashley called me a pervert for looking up her skirt.

Becsuse she's a stupid *****.
I had the same thing happen, except that I was beaten in the face with a spiked hammer D:

OT: I'm going to go for Jill Valentine for strongest female character (as my pantheon of female leads is... laking, apparently). After that much zombie exposure, how she hasn't contracted the crazy is beyond me.

Mar 26, 2008
bagodix said:
Tali'Zorah nar Rayya [http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Tali%27Zorah_nar_Rayya] (or just Tali) is brave, intelligent, resourceful and independent (when necessary), and a nice and pleasant person. Although she is an engineer, and a very gifted one, she isn't a geek of any sort, and can do some pretty dangerous things by herself. She is neither a damsel in distress (Liara [http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Liara_T%27Soni]) nor an annoying, exaggerated You Go Girl! ***** (Ashley [http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Ashley_Williams], Subject Zero [http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_Zero]). Although her form-fitting environmental suit produces a very agreeable figure, we don't know what she looks like because of the visor obscuring her face almost completely. She also has two toes and three fingers. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is a character that doesn't rely on sex appeal, at least not in any conventional sense. I bet she's really cute though.

As for bad female characters, throw a rock and you'll hit at least a few (like Liara, Ashley and Subject Zero).

I didn't pick the "strongest" female character because I don't see any point in doing that. Video game characters tend to be impossibly powerful in general.
I disagree with you on Ashley. On the surface she seems like a bit of a grrl with attitude (Subject Zero moreso) but if you spend a lot of time talking to her you find a very driven woman, who was shaped by her faith, the influence of her father and years of military training. She definately softens as the game goes on. It's for this reason I'd put her in the strong female category.
Note: Apparently Sub Zero is going to be similar in that aspect but I don't know for sure.

I'll probably get lynched for this but I also think Rayne from Bloodrayne is a strong female character. Yes she may wear a form hugging (but not really slutty) leather outfit and be able to slice enemies into bloody confetti, but she is determined to wipe out evil and injustice in whatever form it takes, be that the Nazis or her own siblings. She conducts herself with confidence but is also emotional and vulnerable at times. Her character is just as well rounded as her figure, well IMHO.

Weakest would have to be Rachel from Ninja Gaiden. Like most Team Ninja female characters she is just a representation of male fantasy, complete with a highly distorted figure. She comes across as confident and "talk to me and I'll kick your arse", but in the majority of your encounters you're bailing her out as the damsel in distress. Maybe NG: Sigma 2 fixes this but I hardly doubt it. Instead you can now jiggle her boobs with the SIXAXIS.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
Yuna from FFX is a decent choice for a strong female character.

Yuna from FFX-2 is defintely one of the weakest female characters ever.

Funny how that worked out.

nick_knack

Jul 16, 2008
Princess Peach is pretty useless. Also not hot, too childlike.

I am quite a fan of Alyx Vance, made super hot by not even trying to be hot. I'll also throw in Jane Shepard, Tali and Bastila.

Hawtness aside;) Those are my choices.