Study Says Gamers Get Less Sleep Than Others

Taawus

Oct 21, 2008
If I keep this up (and oh yes I will, 'tis summer afterall) then I can reach 120 hours a week.
.... Ubergamer!

Kogarian

Feb 24, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
And this study never really considers the fact that, as a gamer, I lose sleep for OTHER reasons. Such as my neighbors making too much f'ing noise at 3am, being out too late with friends, or maybe OTHER "addictions" such as teh interwebs. Nope, if you play games, you must be losing sleep because of the games.

Like fucking come on. 7hrs/wk=addict. So if I enjoy just ONE hour a day, I'm an addict. Shit, I spend more time than that daily just eating, so I must be a food addict too. Oh wait, I sleep 7hrs a DAY, must be a sleep addict. So I should get less sleep and seek help right?
I only play on weekends when I'm free, but now I guess I'm up there with 'alcoholic' and 'crack-whore'.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
xChevelle24 said:
Who needs sleep when you can play games! You can sleep when you're dead.
Sounds like a line from a Rap song. The second part, I mean. I doubt Gangstas spend time playing Video Games ^_^

Low Key

May 7, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
xChevelle24 said:
Sounds like a line from a Rap song. The second part, I mean. I doubt Gangstas spend time playing Video Games ^_^
You'd be surprised.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
I am an insomniac; games just fill in the time.
I probably play for far more than seven hours a week, but that is because at three AM, with no chance of getting to sleep, a game is the best thing to quell the excesses of boredom that are entirely inevitable.

Based on that, I have no idea how I would fit into their study.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
paypuh said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
xChevelle24 said:
You'd be surprised.
Real Gangsters being the ones who make good music.
Ruling out 50 Cent, Soulja Boy, and all the others.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
paypuh said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
xChevelle24 said:
You'd be surprised.
Real Gangsters being the ones who make good music.
Ruling out 50 Cent, Soulja Boy, and all the others.
Haha gangsta rappers usually aren't gangsta themselves. The gangstas I know who actually commit felonies regularly do play video games. Usually FPS's and sports games from what I have seen.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I slept from 1:30 AM to 3 PM last night. Less sleep? Hell I get more sleep than others.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
While the conclusion was obvious I must add, "Damn right we don't sleep as much"

The 'casual' (however many hours you define that as) gamer may be what some companies are shooting at right now but the fuel of the whole industry are the real gamers.

I personally don't get enough sleep. And I like it.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Hmm, 7 hours a fortnight is probably the most I'll ever get, so this poll doesn't really apply to me.

Unless you consider The Escapist to be a game, well then, I am the Junkie King.

rohit9891

Jan 21, 2009
Stoic Person Eater said:
7 hours a week is ridiculous to define as excessive. Therefore this whole study is shite to me.
I agree with you...what can we do anyways with just seven hours of gameplay a week.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Done 47 hours the past 7 days according to Xfire.

I sleep a healthy 9 hours per night. I don't get this study.

That said, I guess I understand the whole "gamers sleep less" thing, but I seriously doubt the numbers here.