Stumped For D&D Character Ideas? How About This F#%&ing Random Generator!

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
peaceful Tiefling Bard from the forest of sadness who is a recovering cannibal.

Now that's interesting.

nosy Half-orc Wizard from an underground city who always alliterates their anecdotes.

That will probably get annoying.

delroland

Sep 10, 2008
METICULOUS DRAGONBORN BARBARIAN FROM A SMALL FAMILY FARM WHO FAILED OUT OF EVERY GUILD GOING

DECISIVE DRAGONBORN CLERIC FROM THE PETRIFIED WOOD WHO HAS NO OTHER FAMILY BUT THE TEAM

CRABBY DRAGONBORN SORCERER FROM A SMALL TOWN TAVERN WHO ALWAYS NEEDS TO BE THE CENTRE OF ATTENTION

INCONSIDERATE HALFLING RANGER FROM A LOCAL STREET GANG WHO HAS SERIOUS DADDY ISSUES

This thing tickles my funny bone. Thanks for the share, JonB!

The only thing missing is a background. I mean, one can be inferred but if the background were explicit, the only things left to do would be to choose stats and proficiencies.

I'd also add a history function and a seed generator option.

Edit: WARY DRAGONBORN DRUID FROM A BOARDING SCHOOL FOR THE CHILDREN OF MIDDLE-CLASS WIZARDS WHO WAS RAISED BY GHOSTS

Wow.

Jan 12, 2012
NPC009 said:
"Dramatic Elf Wizard from a nocturnal town who doesn't believe in magic, ever"

Sure, I'm up for a challenge.
"Fireball?! Oh my God, I can't believe you! Everybody knows those don't exist, Becky! It's spontaneous minion combustion that HAPPENED to coincide with me pointing angrily at him and reciting one of those swears my Granddad taught me. I swear, either you get your head out of your ass or I am so done with this party."

gewata

Mar 21, 2009
DECISIVE TIEFLING WARLOCK FROM A RUINED CITY WHO ALWAYS REFERS TO INANIMATE OBJECTS AS 'SHES'

That... sounds like an interesting character flaw. Some sort of upbringing in a matriarchal society, perhaps.

Or even
SWEET HALF-ELF FIGHTER FROM A SMALL FAMILY FARM WHO IS TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE ADVENTURING BUSINESS TO SETTLE DOWN

Its a webcomic waiting to happen.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
"Fireball?! Oh my God, I can't believe you! Everybody knows those don't exist, Becky! It's spontaneous minion combustion that HAPPENED to coincide with me pointing angrily at him and reciting one of those swears my Granddad taught me. I swear, either you get your head out of your ass or I am so done with this party."
That character is now officially best character.

My other results seem downright reasonable:

"Driven Dragonborn Druid from a haunted castle who is downright racist towards living skeletons"

Yeah, I'd imagine you'd get sick of skeletons trying to murder you when you spend most of your life in a haunted castle.

"Emotional Elf Monk from a company of sellswords who grew up fat"

Poor thing is an emotional eater. The stress of being a sellsword does that to you.

"cool-headed Half-orc Ranger from the forest of sadness who takes great delight in identifying new beetle species"

Look, if you're from a place called the 'forest of sadness' you need to find those small things that make life worth it if you want to remain sane.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I don't generally have this problem, but what the hey...

cynical Dwarf Sorcerer from an unpure bloodline who is afraid of fire

intolerant Human Fighter from a boarding school for the children of middle-class wizards who is afraid the rest of the party will kill them if they try to leave

pensive Elf Ranger from a local street gang who can't stand the sight of blood

funny Gnome Fighter from a super religious upbringing who believes trees can speak to them and them alone

headstrong Dragonborn Barbarian from a slave owning city who has serious body image problems

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
irritable Human Ranger from the slave fighting pits who deserted the army

...I can work with this.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I got UNSTABLE HALF-ELF WARLOCK FROM THE HIGH-PLAINS DESERT WHO SEARCHES ENDLESSLY FOR THEIR KIDNAPPED CHILD. Could be interesting I suppose.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
BITCHY ELF BARBARIAN FROM A TINY VILLAGE WHO CAN'T STAND SILENCE

DUTIFUL HALF-ELF CLERIC FROM THE SALT FLATS WHO IS SEARCHING FOR THE PERFECT CULINARY DISH

METICULOUS HALFLING RANGER FROM THE SMALLEST MOUNTAIN IN THE WORLD WHO DRUNKENLY SWORE A BLOOD OATH AND FORGOT WHAT FOR

NAIVE DWARF PALADIN FROM A VERY TINY PROVINCE WHO ALWAYS NEEDS TO BE THE CENTRE OF ATTENTION

ATTENTIVE HALF-ORC CLERIC FROM A LOCAL STREET GANG WHO CAN'T STAND THE SIGHT OF BLOOD

My top 5 choices, all very good~ I'm definately using this in the future

Dr. Thrax

Dec 5, 2011
GRAVE TIEFLING CLERIC FROM A MID-LEVEL CULT WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC, EVER
I'd so play this one, it'd probably be funny as hell.
Though it'd probably just end up like Eridan.
"IT'S NOT MAGIC IT'S WHITE SCIENCE"
Bonus points if your deity is whichever one is the Deity of Magic.
BOISTEROUS HALF-ORC BARD FROM A HAUNTED CASTLE WHO IS DOWNRIGHT RACIST TOWARDS LIVING SKELETONS
I suppose one can only stand so many renditions of "Spooky Scary Skeletons" before one has a meltdown.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
"RELIABLE DRAGONBORN ROGUE FROM THE WET DESERT WHO HAS A DEBILITATING FEAR OF WIDE OPEN SPACES"
How in the hell can he be "reliable" when he's from a desert and is afraid of wide open spaces.

Fuck some of this shit is funny.

Feb 4, 2014
crass Dwarf Paladin from a recently erupted volcano village who believes trees can speak to them and them alone

But all the trees are now burned down so I must be feeling really lonely right now :(

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
NPC009 said:
"Driven Dragonborn Druid
Try saying that 5 times fast :)

OT: This thing is great! Just a few funny ones I've saved.
"unpredictable Tiefling Paladin from a pompous wizard school who was brought up to be a librarian"
"fearless Dwarf Paladin from the worst brothel in town who bangs on about their genealogy to everyone"
"flamboyant Tiefling Fighter from a fallen kingdom who has cheated death more times than they deserved"
"gentle Human Sorcerer from a maximum security prison who secretly became an adventurer to impress a love interest"
"flirtatious Half-elf Barbarian from a carnival freak show who can't talk to girls"
"soulless Halfing Bard from a travelling band who hates music"
Personal favorite: "overemotional Tiefling Fighter from a string of terrible places to live who can't silence the voices"

Can we get one for FFG's RPG lines (WH40K and Star Wars)?

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
brave Human Barbarian from a nocturnal town who is completely colour blind.

Now that would suck.

crabby Dragonborn Paladin from the now dry swamp who is a recovering gambling addict.

inconsiderate Gnome Fighter from a town that only ever bartered for goods who gets nervous speaking in front of crowds.

Ouch.

enthusiastic Elf Druid from an illusory forest who saw their whole family consumed by a gelatinous cube.

One would wonder why he is still enthusiastic after that happened.

gloomy Human Monk from a strict monastery who doesn't understand the concept of politeness.

Sounds fun.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
"Check this shit out, I'm going to be a fucking overemotional Dragonborn Druid from a gnome run orphanage who believes trees can speak to them and them alone"

Ok this is pure gold!!!

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
I think I broke their cooking website

HOW ABOUT SOME FUCKING
Now, I wouldn't mind, but that's hardly going to fill my stoma- OMG, DON'T GO THERE!!

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
5 tries and every fucking time Half-Orcs. The fuck?
I hate Orcs.
Those useless brutes that only know how to bash someone with something heavy.
Fuck Orcs!
BUT
There is one thing even worse than Orcs.
Argonians [sub][sub]No, those aren't even sentient, they only mimic sentience. So they don't count[/sub][/sub]
HALF-ORCS!
Not only they are scum of the Earth, they are also insult to the part that isn't Orc.
Double fuck Half-Orcs!!!
One day, one glorious day we will feed the soil with blood and flesh of those filthy animals.

P.S. It safe to assume that this random generator isn't for me.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Check this shit out, I'm going to be a fucking Bossy Halfling Barbarian from an isolated monastery who is afraid the rest of the party will kill them if they try to leave.

Short, hairy, bossy, axe wielding? Somehow the website managed to skip a D&D character and rolled me.