Stunning New Deus Ex Trailer Shows Off a Little Gameplay

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Thedutchjelle said:
No no, I think you got me wrong. At the point of Deus Ex, Nano-agents are still very untested and newish. They're not perfected yet, and thus not as good - unlike the mechanical line, which has been going for a longer period of time and has probably seen more development. Nano-augs got more potential but they haven't reached all of that yet in Deus Ex. That's my take on it.

Thanks for the explanation on the coverthing btw.. never had a game with it yet.
Good argument, though I would like to point out that the game actually calls attention to this matter relatively early on. One of the first (and only) emails you get from UNATCO suggests that the nano-augmented agents might receive backlash/prejudice from mechanical augmented agents simply because the mechs know they are obsolete.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I dunno. It looks like there are a lot of cutscenes in it. Even an in-game cutscene usually means some degree of railroading.

Hopefully I'm wrong and that's just the unavoidable final goal of the area, but this trailer has failed to raise my excitement meter any further, and in fact it dropped back down to 'cautiuously optimistic'.

Itsthatguy

Jan 22, 2011
Graphics look kinda poor, but other wise the gameplay looks ok.

Not that that means anything. Trailers are for hype. If you want to know how the game actually plays, then gtfo.