Stupid conspiracys

sunsetspawn

Jul 25, 2009
Jesse Ventura said:
TopazFusion said:
Jesse Ventura said:
Now, gentlemen come on.

You're gonna sit here, and tell me there's not a conspiracy... goin' on here.
Where?
And what?
I'm Jesse Ventura!

You got that?

GOOD.
A FIGHTER!

A GOVERNOR!

A NAVY SEAL!

Gulf of Tonkin, boy, that sure is a silly conspiracy theory.

the abyss gazes also

Professional Over Thinker
Apr 10, 2012
Pretty much most of them. There have been "conspiracies" but not in the sense most people who believe in conspiracies think. There was a conspiracy to assassinate Archduke Ferdinand. If you read the historical accounts the first attempts went laughably bad.

The idea that there is someone driving the bus, even it if is off a cliff is more comforting to most people then the thought that the world is a random cruel place. Giving random shooters government backing means there is a logic to it, and not just mental illness.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
All of them but if I had to list them from worst to meh

-9/11 being an inside job

-Moonlanding was fake

-Earth is flat (Some people still think this is true..)

-Illuminati

-Government taps all our phones/webcams/computers

-James Holmes is not the actual shooter (even though they found him in the parking lot with all the gear)

and the rest are just too stupid to even list.

Total LOLige said:
The lizard rulers, the Illuminati, the moon landing was a hoax and all the others. The one theory I think could have a (very very small) chance of being true is the government covering up contact with aliens. I don't believe anything without evidence first.
Ah yeah this one. While a conspiracy, I feel there is a smidge of truth to it. In one hand I think if aliens ever did land or try to contact us our government would try to hide it. On the other it's like why the hell would aliens want to study us, we're dumb as hell, and why would the government want to cover it up?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Kyrian007 said:
Hazy992 said:
All of them. Sorry but conspiracy theories just piss me off.
I'd have to second this. I've never heard a single one that makes any kind of logical sense. Like the "government or CIA killed Kennedy," or "government covered up alien contact," or the moon landing deniers... none are even rational. Our (the US) government can't even balance a budget and the tinfoil-hatters want me to believe they can manage to maintain such massive conspiracies? I don't give the government that much credit.
Well it may not have been the US government as an act of policy, but it's very possible that individual members of government conspired with the mob to assassinate Kennedy. The CIA and the Mob were very friendly with each other, and Kennedy made enemies with both the CIA and the mob.

There is a mob boss in fact who claims responsibility for Kennedy's death, although he could just be bullshitting to get famous.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Wolf In A Bear Suit said:
Yea ditto on the whole 2012 conspiracy. The world won't end on December 21 2012 but my life will as my faith in humanity will plummit to rock bottom the second I see a "lol so scared about the word ending" status on Facebook I will be obliged to blow my Brains out
What does your avatar say?

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
GiglameshSoulEater said:
albino boo said:
Also the that US wants Assange sent to Sweden so that can extradite him when its easier to extradite him from the UK than Sweden.
Not necessarily. Sweden has a history of extraditing people to the US illegally (example: Ahmed Agiza and Muhammadal-Zery. Several 'hackers' have been fighting against extradition to the US in Britain for years. America has had rather... dodgy practices related to extraditing 'criminals' before - (see: extraordinary rendition.) Coupled with the charges against the guy having been dropped until they were suddenly reopened again...

It's kinda dodgy, and wouldn't be the first time shit like that had happened.

OT: That the Twin Towers was caused by the US government or the CIA in order to allow an invasion, especially the idea it was an 'inside job' like the truthers claim. No-one with proper knowledge of architecture, explosives, or basic logic has agreed with them. The truthers respond by claiming those people were all bribed by the government. its just... silly. Really bloody silly.

(Also, how do you put in links that are a different sentence than the address? Like, the word would be, I don't know, cocaine and it would have a link to the wikipedia page of cocaine.)
You know, I joked with someone about that particular conspiracy.

The events of 9/11 happened just like they did. But all the conspiracies about 9/11 being an inside job and such were actually put forth by the Bush administration, so as to make it seem that they are more devious than they really are[footnote]Also, I thought of this before South Park... SHUT UP, I did!!1![/footnote]...

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
The whole 9/11 was an inside job thing. People that don't understand much trying to find connections where there are none. "Jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel!" No, it doesn't, but it sure as hell is hot enough to destroy it's tensile strength. I'm a firefighter, and I have seen just a normal structure fire make steel bend (in barns, factories, ect). I do like to screw with them and say "What about the stuff they use for chemtrails? Who knows at what temperature that stuff burns!"

Also anything with the masons. They have a meeting hall right across from my ambulance base, and I know most of the people that go in there. These are not powerful and intelligent people. They mostly go because it is a private bar.

Another one that just plane pisses me off: vaccinations. I have seen kids be on death's door because their parents believe it will cause autism. I ask them if they had their vaccinations, and the parents start trying to preach to me about the dangers of them, as if being a paramedic, I know nothing of medicine or human pathology and pathophysiology. I once used a line from House, MD, when he started talking about child size coffins because the child was sick with whooping cough (very serious in infants).

Or the new one, Obama is behind shootings throughout the US. Or that he is a secret muslium, or gay, or not American by birth, or any of the other stupid things they have tried to throw at him (if you don't like his policies, fine, I certainly don't agree with everything he does, but if you must use hyperbole than you have no argument).

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
DugMachine said:
-James Holmes is not the actual shooter (even though they found him in the parking lot with all the gear)
This one just drives me nuts.... People are such gullible idiots.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
dfphetteplace said:
DugMachine said:
This one just drives me nuts.... People are such gullible idiots.
Yeah I know. There is even this photo going around comparing his mugshot to some old college photo and they claim they're different people. Even though both shots have different angles, lighting, and uh he has BRIGHT ORANGE HAIR in one. Give me a you rage you lose thread and i'll lose everytime I see that.

Stilkon

Feb 19, 2011
Hazy992 said:
All of them. Sorry but conspiracy theories just piss me off.
Ding! Winner!

The JFK one is really interesting, though, because apparently the KGB were actually encouraging people to spread rumors that the Russians did it, to make them seem more powerful. JFK, on the other hand, was a really shitty movie.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
My dad and his Mechanic buddies have a wierd one.

They claim that the reason that engines in vehicles have gotten more complicated and harder/near impossible to repair without special tools is because The Big 3 (GM, Ford, Chrystler) got together and decided "Lets make our engines insanely complicated so people have to go to our overpriced, unionized repair shops and cant fix them themselves like they did in the old days."

Other than that, most have been mentioned already.
GunsmithKitten said:
-Barrack Obama is the antichrist. I ain't even Christian, but shooting this one down is almost like a sport to me now.
Yeah, whenever people say stuff like that (or that he is a Secret Kenyan Commie Muslim Terrorist), all I have to say to them is "Shut up. There is plenty of ligitimate critisim of him that DOESNT need to devolve into insane conspiracy theories. Now please, shut up. You are making the sane Republicans like me look bad."

skyflys

Jun 30, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJKB51YWGes

*sigh* how can people really believe this

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Anybody here ever go on /x/? It can be entertaining just because of how batshit insane everyone there is, some stuff I've heard on there includes "The Fourth Reich's secret all-Aryan city in the Hollow Earth" along with several people claiming they can do magic and enter astral projection at will (that is to separate the soul from the body, I think). I think one of the dumbest ones is the White Supremacist "Jews secretly control everything and are undermining society". Because it's nothing more than a delusion used to justify baseless prejudice.

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
Yellowbeard said:
The "chemtrails" theory is amazingly fucking stupid.
This. My roommate refuses to see things any other way. He goes all Bill o'Reily on me and tell me I "can't explain that."

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
The best stupid conspiracy is that Kyle took a dump in the urinal, and is behind 9/11

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
My grandmother believes that we are being run by a secret, gay, Jewish, Neo-Nazi, Mexican government. Has sent me literature, and has written the White house about said gay Jewish Neo-Nazi Mexicans. Also she believes that there are Ninjas plotting to kill her, but that's a different matter.

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
That the moon is an artificial construction placed into the orbit of the Earth by an advanced Alien species a billion or so years ago. No seriously, there are whole books on this. It's......cute.

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
A friend of my mother's believes that scientists are spraying subways with super-bacteria. It's...... not cute.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
The flat earth society believes that the earth is like a giant plate with 500 foot ice walls surrounding the outer rim. The military is stationed at these ice walls prepared to shoot down any plane that will try to fly over the ice wall and outside of the earth because... there's apparently some unknown financial benefit to everyone thinking the earth is round. Also Antarctica does not exist and is instead a myth created to explain the ice wall, and the sun and moon do in fact revolve around the earth, which is not in orbit of anything and instead creates gravity by moving upwards at 9.8 meters per second.