Stupid reasons to hate video games

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
I stopped playing Halo because it looked generic and boring. It was, in fact, the first game I stopped playing before I finished it.

...yeah, I sort of realised it wasn't that generic or boring. I was wrong.

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
Genocidicles said:
Sack of Cheese said:
I didn't like Witcher 1 because I hate men with long white hair. Thankfully, Witcher 2 let me cut it short. Not that good, but much better.
Yep same here. I think he looks like too much of a douchebag in the first one that I don't think I'd be able to get over it while playing.
But... Geralt IS a douchebag xD That's sort of the point!

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
I stopped playing Bayonetta because I thought bayonetta was a dumb character.

Its a decent game with neat bosses and I like the art style but I really don't like some of her moves. Climax? Really? I know the game is over the top and campy but thats just fucking stupid. I can see why women might get offended by that stuff.

Captcha: Last Straw

Yeah it was the last straw. To think, platinum games made that and MGR:R.

IronMit

Jul 24, 2012
DrunkOnEstus said:
I quit Arkham City despite very much enjoying it because I couldn't stand all the trophies/bonus shit that was out of reach. I'm a completionist, and it drives me crazy to see things that seem accessible and wasting my time attempting to get them. They should all just appear once you have all your gadgets.
I stopped playing it too.
I just couldn't accept why I needed all this bonus shit to unlock powers in this heavily story driven game. It just didn't make sense why Batman's subconsciousness would with-hold gadgets from himself until he glided through some checkpoints.
But then I felt like I had to do it because without said extra powers I might get my arse kicked in the next core mission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha protocol.
I was loving the story and the dialogue. I was just about putting up with the gameplay portion which was awful....until I realised everyone I killed or knocked out was simply vanishing. Those stealth mission felt silly really quickly after that

Wargie

Apr 14, 2013
I stopped playing one of the Shin Megami Tensei games and was completely put off playing any others. Simply because they were the single topic of conversation the people I was friends with at the time would talk about. Kind of ran it into the ground for me really. I know there's plenty of people that enjoy them and love them, but I just can't find time for them.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
I'm fairly sure her top gets raggedy as you progress through Tomb Raider.
For me it's animation, i still haven't brought myself to buy Bioshock Infinite because the animators at that company have a horrid style.
I never purchased Bad Company 2 because i saw in gameplay videos that they reduced the reload time of most of the guns by removing the bolt pull part of the reload animation, my brain couldn't deal with that.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Don't know if this counts but I couldn't get into TES IV:Oblivion because everyone has a mad case of potato face. Seriously, I hated the way everyone looked.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
I stopped playing .Hack Quarantine because after 5 times of fighting through the final boss each time making it to the last of his 5 phases and dying every time I just got pissed off.

Mr Binary

Jan 24, 2011
I don't like most FPS games simply because of the community. Apparently the concept of playing an FPS purely for fun and not caring about K/D is a foreign concept, and the best way to rectify it is to scream and cuss at the top of your lungs to said person.

Randoman01

Apr 19, 2013
In Certian RTS Games it would be quite annoying to have a level where I am only givin a hadnfull of units to take out a large enemy base. The only way to destroy the base would be to destroy the Conveniently exploding barrels that are lettered around the map. Or try to avoid them all together.

popa_qwerty

Dec 21, 2010
Stopped playing COD mostly because I cant kill Nazi scum. That is really the reason

Captcha walk the plank

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
That I've heard before? "Because it's in first-person" is a pretty high contender. My best friend used to come out with that one all the time until he finally got a decent enough PC and started trying them out on it instead of just the consoles. Turns out two of his biggest issues were the field of view and trying to aim with a control stick.

That I've got personally? "Because it's not enough like [Previous Game]" I guess, though the only games I really actively hate are Final Fantasy XIII and Pokemon Black & White. Although RTS games often make me fly into a berserker rage with cheating AI that gathers resources and builds units far more rapidly than I can...

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
MetalDooley said:
A buddy of mine refuses to play any games that come on multiple discs because he absolutely hates switching discs.Always struck me as a pretty dumb reason not to play something
What are discs? oh yeah I remember some of my older games are on those :)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Nick of Blades said:
I stopped playing Dragon Age: Origins because of The Fade. I was loving that game right up until then, just couldn't do it afterwards.
My memory's a bit hazy. Was that the semi-puzzle bit you get trapped in?

That killed my desire to play, too. I finally beat it, but I never really played any more of it because it had consumed all my patience.

Not sure how stupid that is, though. The game stopped being fun at that point.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Sack of Cheese said:
I have this friend who hated Skyrim because they can't find their way around the mountain.
Around?
What is this... 'around' you speak of? A mountain is just a horizontally challenged path.

A guy I knew said he'd never play Valkyria Chronicles simply because 'anime is shit'. I stress that I *knew* him. Past tense.

Captcha: i mustache you why
???

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
Ishal said:
I stopped playing Bayonetta because I thought bayonetta was a dumb character.

Its a decent game with neat bosses and I like the art style but I really don't like some of her moves. Climax? Really? I know the game is over the top and campy but thats just fucking stupid. I can see why women might get offended by that stuff.

Captcha: Last Straw

Yeah it was the last straw. To think, platinum games made that and MGR:R.
Really, I saw her as the opposite as a female character honestly.

For me it's co-op games, I mostly take breaks from games and end up being behind other players. So any RPG with co-op I either don't play or don't do the co-op.

Keymik

Oct 18, 2008
VoidWanderer said:
We all have them, and I encountered one that was (to me) so bad, that I stopped playing Tomb Raider all together.

I hate the top she wears. Seriously, with all the running, jumping and swimming she has to do, not to mention all the bullets and sharp objects, how does her top not fall apart?! And every so often, when she climbs over the edge of a cliff, it's like they set the lighting how best to show off her curves. It was infuriating, wanting to pay a strong female character and not have to feel guilty when they have cutscenes that seem to have at least one shot of cleavage!

Does anyone else have a stupid reason for hating a video game?
I honestly didn't notice any cleavage in any of the cutscenes.. Perhaps you're just focusing too much on 'something' to notice that ;D
I personally found it more sadistic what with all the spikes they stab through you. (Seriously it happens alot, and that's not counting in the death scenes)

On topic though:
I borrowed my cousins copy of W12 (Shut up I like the wrestling games) and didn't even get through one match in it before going nope and shutting it off.. The new changes to the camera annoyed the duck outta me so much I just couldn't stand to play it.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
Devetta said:
If a game is really overhyped it puts me off playing it, the same goes for watching films.
same here, I only saw The Matrix for the first time last week, for the same reason, and I still haven't played Mass Effect, and have only just started playing Bioshock

OT I remember not wanting to play Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64 because I didn't like the look of the cartridge when I was a kid, of course when I did play it I loved it, once I got into it I couldn't put it down

a more recent example, I don't generally play shooters because I don't like not being able to look at my avatar, (I always play Skyrim in 3rd person, unless I'm looking to pick something up or shooting a bow) though obviously there are exceptions to this, but to this day I've never played a Call of Duty game, or Battlefield for that matter

TheLastFeeder

Oct 29, 2012
Skyrim. I think this is going to sound petty.

It's the Nords: A lot of the names of the Nords are based on the Poetic Edda, witch is written in my first language.
The pronunciation is of on most of these words, the undead creature Draugr translates to ghost(The correct term for that creature is Aftrganga) and I remember meting a Draugr that was named "Sigdis Gauldurson" which one means "Lady of victory the son of Gauldur".

I know it is petty but it kicked me right out of the game.