Suggest an underrated movie

ungothicdove

Nov 30, 2007
One movie I don't hear much about is True Romance. It isn't the first movie directed by Tarantino but it is his first script to be made I believe. Anyway, if you haven't seen that I would highly recommend it. Also, I just recently saw The Troll Hunter which just came out last year. It's a Norwegian film and even though I couldn't understand I enjoyed it immensely.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Cutthroat Island. No, seriously. I really liked that movie. If you are into pirates even a little bit, this is for you.

SenorNemo

Mar 14, 2011
Nouw said:
Moon.

Just do yourself a favour and watch it. I thought it'd be boring.
[sub]I was proven wrong with the set of manly tears and suspenseful moments.[/sub]
I wouldn't call Moon underrated really. All the reviews I've read have been positive, and I know a lot of people who really like it too.

Still, I also recommend Moon for anyone who hasn't seen it and is looking for a good piece of hard sci-fi. It's a pretty under-explored subgenre nowadays, which is a real shame. Also, if you're a Mass Effect fan, at least listen to the soundtrack, because it's really awesome, and it's written by the same composer who'll be doing the score for ME3.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
SenorNemo said:
Nouw said:
Moon.

Just do yourself a favour and watch it. I thought it'd be boring.
[sub]I was proven wrong with the set of manly tears and suspenseful moments.[/sub]
I wouldn't call Moon underrated really. All the reviews I've read have been positive, and I know a lot of people who really like it too.

Still, I also recommend Moon for anyone who hasn't seen it and is looking for a good piece of hard sci-fi. It's a pretty under-explored subgenre nowadays, which is a real shame. Also, if you're a Mass Effect fan, at least listen to the soundtrack, because it's really awesome, and it's written by the same composer who'll be doing the score for ME3.
Hmmm... I guess so. Leans closer towards 'underknown?' What's that word again >.>

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Onyxious said:
<youtube=JgjmFBX34zc>

Not sure if this is considered "underrated"

But it's by far my favorite movie of all time,

Ever since I was a weeeeee little tike.
I can never watch this movie ever again. Cartoon Network used to play it for forty-eight hours straight sometime in August. I got sick of it very quickly, and that's a shame because it's a great movie.

CastIronWin

Sep 15, 2009
Gentleman_Reptile said:
Dog Soldiers.

A werewolf movie done on a budget small enough to fit in your pocket, but turns out to be one of the cleverest, scariest, and most entertaining horror movies ever.
i totally disagree with the scary but on everything else you are entirely correct! watched this film about 8 times in one weekend, had almost the entire thing memorised.

OT, try rare exports, it's a finnish film about santa being a child eating demon and all his elves are what we would conceive to be santa. just a bit of an epic film!

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
It's really recent, but I saw almost no advertising for it.

I wouldn't have even seen it if my friend didn't drag me out to go watch it on opening night.

Take Me Home Tonight...I think that was it.

It was a cool movie. Yeah. Hope you enjoy it!

jjboat

Nov 8, 2010
Windupferrari said:
The Sunshine Limited. It's a film adaptation of a Cormac McCarthy play (he wrote No Country for Old Men, for those who don't know him). Basically, a suicidal atheist professor (Tommy Lee Jones) and a very Christian old man who just stopped him fro killing himself (Samuel L. Jackson) have a long, intense, philosophical discussion about God, death, etc. They do a great job with the acting, and even though it's nothing but dialogue and the whole thing takes place in Jackson's apartment, it's still a very gripping movie. Especially the ending, with Jones' monologue and the pain it caused Jackson, it just gave me shivers... I'm gonna go watch it again. I highly suggest you do the same.
So its actually called the sunset limited and im watching it right now...and its is totally gripping. Great suggestion my friend.

Yostbeef

Apr 14, 2010
Wadders said:
Chopper. I don't hear it talked about much, but it's a great film, bloody hilarious. Not sure if you will have seen it or not, but I dont know too many people who have. I wouldnt say it was exactly an unknown film either though, but I dont really watch many indie films or whatever.

Whoa,that looks amazing.Holy shit Eric Bana looks awesome...Definitely gonna watch it as soon as possible.

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
Mother Night
Jekyll and Hyde - Together Again
Zardoz
Rock and Rule
Tetsuo the Iron Man
Velvet Goldmine

All very interesting and all for very different reasons. Depends very much upon the individual if you will enjoy them or not, but you will most likely enjoy the hell out of one or more.

Gabriela D.

Dec 10, 2010
Tais Toi. French comedy with Gérard Depardieu and Jean Reno. It has its hillarious moments and its boring moments, but it's worth a shot.

Ben Agar

Dec 4, 2010
Don't know if anyone has said it yet, Bladerunner I don't know many people who have seen it, it was blasted by critics when it first came out and bombed at the box office but it has to be one of the most enthralling, intense and beautiful movies I've ever seen, Ridley Scott is a genius.

Your once and future Fanboy

The Norwegian One
Feb 11, 2009
Well, these aren't underrated but not enough people have seen them:

12 Angry men
Repo: the genetic opera
Grave of Fireflies
Paprika
Sleepers
The Green Mile
The Shawshank Redemption (I know this have been seen by most people, but it should be in every movie-lover's collection)

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
ThatDaveDude1 said:
Nothing to go on, huh?

Well, Start off with this [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(1977_film)] I guess.

Thank you, I'd forgotten which film the killer piano was from!

O.T for me intermission and in bruges are two vastly under rated films