Suggest an underrated movie

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Strange Brew and,..maybe Hot Rod. Dont know how popular the last one was in the US and other places besides England :)

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Don't know about the underrated part, but here's three movies I saw recently and thought were excellent: 25th Hour, Adventureland and The Experiment (all very different from one another).

iamthelizardqueen88

Dec 10, 2010
Paul McCartney really is dead the last testament of George Harrison

i just watched it about 2 hours ago its a documentary/conspiracy theory but i rather enjoyed it

iamthelizardqueen88

Dec 10, 2010
mexicola said:
Don't know about the underrated part, but here's three movies I saw recently and thought were excellent: 25th Hour, Adventureland and The Experiment (all very different from one another).
Adventureland was ok but i really hated how it was advertised as a comedy but ended up being a pretty serious drama

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
iamthelizardqueen88 said:
mexicola said:
Adventureland was ok but i really hated how it was advertised as a comedy but ended up being a pretty serious drama
I don't know, never saw a single advertisement for it (found it on one of those tangential wikipedia link chains.)

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Dirty Apple said:
Swimming with Sharks - Kevin Spacey at his most cruel, viscious, and finest.
Finally, someone else who's seen this brilliant flick!

Swimming with Sharks is a true performance piece. Anybody who hasn't seen it yet should watch it right now.

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
Mackheath said:
Gentleman_Reptile said:
Dog Soldiers.

A werewolf movie done on a budget small enough to fit in your pocket, but turns out to be one of the cleverest, scariest, and most entertaining horror movies ever.
I love you for this. Although I prefer to think of it as a soldier film with werewolves rather than a werewolf film with soldiers.
Ah I see you read the quotes by Niel Marshall? Haha, yes thats exactly what the movie is though, a soldier movie that happens to have werewolves. I really like how the move can---FUKKIN COW!!!

*fires blanks*

Da Chi

Sep 6, 2010
"Hard Candy". It's an intense thriller. Certainly not for the faint of heart but definitely worth a watch. Ellen Page is PHENOMENAL in it.

I think you may have seen "The Big Lebowski" but if not, Watch it. Same goes for "Office Space". Those two movies have no peer when it comes to hilarity. Office Space (Made by Mike Judge) is about hating your job and The Big Lebowski (made by the Coen Brothers) is about... well a rug.

For a little Absurdity, try "Fubar" or "Air Guitar Nation" wonderful little mock-umentaries. That is, if you're into that sort of thing.

And for something completely out there. There is "Italian Spiderman". It's on youtube. A full movie... It's hard to explain. Watch the first scene where Spiderman lets loose with a shotgun and go from there.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
noxymoron19 said:
LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN. Seriously, that movie rocks. Go watch it.
Seconded, awesome film.

Also, Equilibrium. Combines Matrix style action scenes with a very powerful warning of a dystopic future we're all inevitably moving towards.

Lastly, The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo, a very strong alternative to Da Vinci Code esque detective thrillers.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Vault101 said:
Wadders said:
Chopper. I don't hear it talked about much, but it's a great film, bloody hilarious. Not sure if you will have seen it or not, but I dont know too many people who have. I wouldnt say it was exactly an unknown film either though, but I dont really watch many indie films or whatever.

I wouldnt call chopper an independant film

Australian Films in general dont really get much of an audience, I saw a guy on TV saying the problem with our industry was distribution
Never said it was an independant film, just that Chopper is a fairly unknown move over here, and that I dont watch many indie films. Subtle differance :p

But yeah, I can understand how distribution is an issue for you guys all the way over there :(

Nagisa94

Oct 12, 2010
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, my favorite Bill Murray movie that nobody has ever heard of.

Nov 27, 2010
Adventureland. It's not so much underrated as it is unknown. I mean for real, whenever I bring it up in a conversation, people just go "wots dat?".

figday

Mar 22, 2011
Might be repost but...

Nightwatch
Daywatch
Sience of Sleep
Requiem for a dream
The Fall
Fear and Loathing
Shutter (the original asian one, not the hollywood bullshit made one)

that's all for now, will update when im not high anymore :p

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
Lawrance of Arabia [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056172/]

Almost four hours of old school film making.