Suggest an underrated movie

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Let the Right One In(little known Swedish Vampire film that is touching, disturbing and sometimes both), Let Me In(The formers American counterpart), The Condemned, See No Evil, Tron Legacy, The Good The Bad the Weird, Goodbye Lenin, Stranger than Fiction, Planet Terror, Kick Ass, Scott Pilgrim Vs the World, Thank You for Smoking, Descent, Four Lions, House. All of these come highly recommended by me, if you want to know more I'd be happy to fill you in

Weskerbot3000

Feb 17, 2011
jjboat said:
Weskerbot3000 said:
Munich
I don't care what people said about this movie, It was was good and it did go to some VERY DARK PLACES. Also, I consider this to be Speilberg's masterpeice.
That is a shining endorsement. I saw it years back at a friends when i was 15. Remember liking it and being deeply troubled by it at the time. its a very challenging film. Also proof that Spielberg's still got it. I actually think his masterpiece(though he has many) is A.I., which i know was a polarizing film. I'd be interested to know what you thought of it.
I have never seen A.I.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
I think the "The Butterfly effect" was a underated movie (I don't really get why so much people hated it). I thought the moral/ message to that film was quite insightful.
I loved that movie....i think it was because crocker burned why people didnt like it

chowderface

Nov 18, 2009
jjboat said:
chowderface said:
Cars gets a lot of flak for being a lot weaker than Pixar's usual standard, and that's true, but I still don't think it was actually a BAD movie.

mikozero said:
Oh hey I liked that one. Represent.
Cars wasn't awful, but it is the weakest pixar film. Mater kills it for me. One note jokes like red necks should be below pixar.
You should talk to my mom sometime. She just hates Larry the Cable Guy so much. Her friend's one-year-old got this little push-and-ride Mater, she didn't care that the talking it did was some crappy doesn't-really-soundalike or that the lines it was spewing were so inane even the kid ought to have been disgusted, she was just glad they didn't get Larry the Cable Guy to record lines for the toy.

Cenryk

Jul 13, 2010
jjboat said:
Cenryk said:
Donnie Darko, Trick 'r Treat, The Room, Blazing Saddles (though it was mainstream back in the day) and I def agree with Moon
of course, someone finally suggested the room lol. lets go eat HUH! lol
I actually haven't seen it and only heard about it about a month ago, but I have tons of friends that like it.

Cenryk

Jul 13, 2010
Metalhandkerchief said:
This movie had a budget of 7,000$, won the Sundance 2004 award and is one of my top 10 movies of all time.

It's too clever for the average Joe, but if you're smart it's about to become one of your favorite movies.
Is this the time travel movie that was referenced in xkcd?

Natronus

Oct 3, 2009
I could be crazy, and think that this movie isn't well-known,
But "Arlington Road".
Its excellent.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
Wokka Wokka, the film about love, fighting, robot building, fire juggling and with such a heart warming ending that you will cry and shit.

Raistlinhawke

Nov 28, 2009
"Freeway" - A retelling of the Little Red Riding Hood with Reese Witherspoon as Red, a long-time sexual abuse victim on the road after her prostitute mom and pedophile step-father get busted, and Kiefer Sutherland as a serial rapist/killer "Wolf" that's first shot by Red, then uses the system against her. That, and its practically awash in the feel of the 90s.

"Falling Down" - Another movie bathed in that classic 90s smell. This one follows a snapped Michael Douglas as he goes on a thinly disguised "selective white man's rampage" against the gangs, homeless, and over-charging convenience store owners of downtown LA. That, and he holds up a fast food place with a semi-automatic because they stopped serving breakfast. A classic that's far past its due.

"Dorm Daze" - A National Lampoon film that isn't "Animal House." While that's usually not a good thing, this stupid pile of mis-conception jokes and college stereotypes is a good time when you want to turn off your mind, legally or otherwise.

"Haute Tension" - A really tightly wound French suspense film that got harangued in reviews for a plot hole that was actually a badly explained plot point. Especially potent if you hate the screaming bimbos in most horror films and have always wanted one to fight back. Plus, best villain introduction ever.

There are hundreds more, but many have already been vouched for here (multiple times), and the rest just skips my mind. Pretty sure you have enough by now, anyway.