Super Rare Wish-Granting Pokémon Available in Stores Soon

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Jirachi, a wish-granting legendary Pokémon that almost compares to Mankey, the greatest Pokémon ever conceived (is it a man, or is it a monkey?).
Haha, nice one.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
randommaster said:
girl_in_background said:
Different subject : So is it possible to trade between the Platinum version and the Soul Silver/Heart Gold versions? Because my friend was expressing serious doubts because "they're remakes of the old games so it probably won't work." I'm just wondering, because I have some pokemon I don't want to lose.
You'll be able to trade between the various games, but you won't be able to trade pokemon that know moves exclusive to a particular game. For a quick example, Scizor is able to learn Bullet Punch in HG/SS, but not D/P/Pt, so you can't trade one from HG/SS if it knows Bullet Punch. aside from a few minor differences, the games are fully compatable with each other.
Actually, that shouldn't be a problem. Pokemon would only be untradable between games if the moves don't exist in one or the other. It's possible to get Pokemon in D/P/Pt with moves they can't learn naturally (like, for example, a Jirachi with Draco Meteor). Of course, the Scizor traded into Diamond won't be able to learn Bullet Punch while it's in Diamond, but it won't be untradable if it already knows it.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Jirachi is not only a strong Pokémon that can use abilities such as Wish, Confusion, Rest (sounds powerful), and Draco Meteor, but when traded into March 14's Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver will unlock a special Route inside the included Pokéwalker accessory. The Pokéwalker is a pedometer that can hold Pokémon to level them up or help Pokéfans encounter special Pokémon or hidden items. Using Jirachi is the only way the Night Sky's Edge Route can be accessed in the Pokéwalker.
Ummm... What? Boy, you be talkin' a load of ol' tech-nee-cael tawlk thaet I caen't understaend!

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
girl_in_background said:
randommaster said:
girl_in_background said:
Different subject : So is it possible to trade between the Platinum version and the Soul Silver/Heart Gold versions? Because my friend was expressing serious doubts because "they're remakes of the old games so it probably won't work." I'm just wondering, because I have some pokemon I don't want to lose.
You'll be able to trade between the various games, but you won't be able to trade pokemon that know moves exclusive to a particular game. For a quick example, Scizor is able to learn Bullet Punch in HG/SS, but not D/P/Pt, so you can't trade one from HG/SS if it knows Bullet Punch. aside from a few minor differences, the games are fully compatable with each other.
Awesome, thanks.

Ona different note... I went to the local Gamestop and asked if they were having the event, but apparently it's exclusively in America. I wasn't sure if America meant North America or the United States of America. Nope, just the good ole US of A. Oh well. So listen-er, read up, all you Canadians. No Jiraichi for us! Guess it's time to make some friends... X3
If you need the data I have this awesome Jirachi that I just got...

kawaiiamethist

Nov 21, 2009
I'm not into Pokemon, but I do wonder, is he an America and Japan only deal? Australia and a lot of other countries don't have GameStops.

haaxist

Sep 21, 2009
randommaster said:
girl_in_background said:
randommaster said:
girl_in_background said:
Awesome, thanks.

Ona different note... I went to the local Gamestop and asked if they were having the event, but apparently it's exclusively in America. I wasn't sure if America meant North America or the United States of America. Nope, just the good ole US of A. Oh well. So listen-er, read up, all you Canadians. No Jiraichi for us! Guess it's time to make some friends... X3
If you need the data I have this awesome Jirachi that I just got...
Hmm.... I might have to take you up on that offer...

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Okay, I'm planning on heading into Gamestop to try this in a day or so, but when I start up my copy of Pokemon I do not see a "mystery gift" option. How do you unlock this in game? Or does it appear when you get to the store?

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
...Are they seriously referred to as Pokéfans? Like, on official nintendo stuff involving pokemon? That's so...urgh.

It's like at this point they're TRYING to say "If you're over 10 years old, get a new hobby or be constantly degraded in public," because if the gamestops around the world are like the one I used to work at, unless you hide behind something while you whip out your DS and download a pokemon, the guys behind the register are going to be snickering and if that terminology is official, "Pokéfag" is definitely going to be a substitution.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Guitarmasterx7 said:
...Are they seriously referred to as Pokéfans? Like, on official nintendo stuff involving pokemon? That's so...urgh.

It's like at this point they're TRYING to say "If you're over 10 years old, get a new hobby or be constantly degraded in public," because if the gamestops around the world are like the one I used to work at, unless you hide behind something while you whip out your DS and download a pokemon, the guys behind the register are going to be snickering and if that terminology is official, "Pokéfag" is definitely going to be a substitution.
Guitarmasterx7 said:

Sadly this confirms my worst fears.

That said I've been goofing off with Pokemon Platinum for a bit, and I suppose I've played worse RPGs, though it would be nice if it was a bit less cutesy. We'll see how far I get with it, though I doubt it will ever approach the Megaten games for me, which strike me as being very similar albeit a little more "adult" in the concept/graphics/etc...

One thing I don't like so far is that you have to fight 1 on 1. :/

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Therumancer said:
Okay, I'm planning on heading into Gamestop to try this in a day or so, but when I start up my copy of Pokemon I do not see a "mystery gift" option. How do you unlock this in game? Or does it appear when you get to the store?
Here's a helpful guide to unlocking the MG option: click this! [http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mystery_Gift]

girl_in_background said:
Just PM me if you want to. I'm happy to help others with the pokedex.

haaxist

Sep 21, 2009
randommaster said:
Therumancer said:
Here's a helpful guide to unlocking the MG option: click this! [http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mystery_Gift]

girl_in_background said:
Just PM me if you want to. I'm happy to help others with the pokedex.
Uh, I'm kind of stupid right now... What's PM? Don't hurt me!!

Edit-------------
Oh my god... you have no idea how stupid I feel right now...........

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
randommaster said:
Therumancer said:

Thanks for the link, I had to head out today and run errands. I just walked up and asked the Gamestop clerk and said I knew nothing about Pokemon. The problem was that the game autodetects the mystery gift, I expected a general option at the moment.

So basically while I goof off in the near future I guess I'll be playing with this Jirachi. Took me a few minutes to figure out which store the Pokemart was though (I was wandering around the connection floor of the Pokemon center trying to find a Mailman, after specifically asking which store to use Lol!).

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Already have it. Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc gives you Jirachi, which you could only get from preordering.

I think that only works for the GBA games though...

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
FinalHeart95 said:
Already have it. Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc gives you Jirachi, which you could only get from preordering.

I think that only works for the GBA games though...
yes, but now you can have TWO!
Therumancer said:
randommaster said:
Therumancer said:

Thanks for the link, I had to head out today and run errands. I just walked up and asked the Gamestop clerk and said I knew nothing about Pokemon. The problem was that the game autodetects the mystery gift, I expected a general option at the moment.

So basically while I goof off in the near future I guess I'll be playing with this Jirachi. Took me a few minutes to figure out which store the Pokemart was though (I was wandering around the connection floor of the Pokemon center trying to find a Mailman, after specifically asking which store to use Lol!).
Good to see that you were able to get it. Don't let it forget Draco Meteor, though, because it won't be able to learn it again.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Got mine. Can't settle on a nature and moveset. Only the best nature will do for my Jirachi! Because I'm too lazy to worry about IVs.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Lost In The Void said:
Hmmm that would be cool to have, but I'm wondering if EB games would get that, as they are part of Game Stop. That would be awesome since I don't have a GameStop here
I know your feeling. We got no game stores at all here, the closest thing is the candy store that takes in popular titles and prices it higher than gold. I have to order all my games online...

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
MelasZepheos said:
Bah, there's a hundred and fifty one, and there will always be a hundred and fifty one.

These new fangled pokemon with their new fangled fancy attacks. We were happy with tackle! Two tackles and a sandstorm for a whole battle.
Sandstorm only came into existence when there were 251 pokemon, though, :S