Super Street Fighter IV Won't Battle On PCs

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Baby Tea said:
Pirate are often generalized: who they are, how they act, their buying patterns, etc.

It's kinda funny. Yes, there are those in the pirating community. Likewise, there are 9 year olds on xbox live. Am Ito then decide that all people on xbox live are whiny 9 year olds? The truth is that there's a large variety of persons who pirate games, just as there are a wide variety of gamers on xbox live.

If you look at some pirate's libraries, they may have already pirated a game, and yet own multiple copies of that game. Whether it is 3 copies of a game, so they support the developer, or having trust in subsequent instalments in the series, and just skip straight to buying.

You assume that all pirates are the same, which is unfair assumption. Go look at the comments on some indie game torrents. Fellow pirates are disgusted at other pirates for downloading said game. That's conflict in the community.
They don't all have the same mind sets, we don't all have the same motives. Some are as you described, some are not. The high horse that others say that pirates occupy, are also shared by those who look upon pirates.

I'm not going to defend pirating in itself, as frankly I'm too tired to go through every argument, as I am currently very ill at the moment. I would be happy to continue this at a later point in time however. Thank you for reading.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Sorry, please ignore double post.

I posted but it didn't show up so I waited a few minutes then reposted.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
The_root_of_all_evil said:
unabomberman said:
They don't want to lose revenue. Losing revenue is bad for bussiness. That's it. They don't have to prove anything.
That's an insane argument. And faulty. If that was the case, they'd have to stop developing on all systems.
You make it look as if evil Capcom was looking for the first excuse to drop development for the PC.
I'm saying it's a very convenient excuse that no-one is going to be able to fight against or prove; while having little to no value.
Also, MUGEN hardly compromises their abilities to make money.
But does damage their IP, which is what they are allegedly upset about.
It is more solid busisnes for them to develop for consoles.
Why? Because they're pirated as much, but don't have modders who spend huge amounts of time making different skins for them?

Oh wait...you can't skin models on the consoles, can you? But you can on the PC...and that would definitely damage the IP...

Hmmmm.
Are you really implying that piracy on consoles is equal to that of the PC? I mean, what? Are you really making that argument? Meh...

You make no sense pal. I'm using an "insane" argument for assuming Capcom doesn't have to prove anything to butthurt PC gamers? Jeez...there is a difference between losing revenue with console piracy and losing more revenue by developing for the PC, I'd have thought you'd understand that. There's no need to stop development for everything and hide under a rock as that would, you know, kill your revenue.

As for the MUGEN thing, well...since when do you pay attention to PR statements? It's about their bottom line, in the end, and a bunch of sprites thrown together aren't likely to affect that any time soon, but if they did you can bet your ass the pertinent community would get slapped with Cease and Desist letters in no time so your argument is invalid.

I'd love to see the game on the PC as much as the next guy but if they are skipping one platform it is more likely due to a perceived risk in comparison to the others.

It is their money, and I'm sure they are way more informed on how to keep said money than you are.

Ed.

Jan 14, 2010
I wont pay for a service simple as if the industry goes that way I'm out its why i havent bought games without dedicated servers.

I reckon capcom isnt happy the PC gamers dont ahve to buy DLC we just make it ourselves in the form of mods

Also this will increase piracy as there is now no other option for us those that would have bought now can only steal it (torrent the arcade version which will run on PC) such a great idea.

Its greed pure and simple publishers hate the fact PC is an open platform for example creative assembly tried to sell DLC for empire total war that's simply new units well a lot of fans just went screw that and made their own (moding) a console gamer simply has to take it.

A steam release would solve all the problems they list there is definately some other motive it just doesn't make sense

Feb 13, 2008
unabomberman said:
Are you really implying that piracy on consoles is equal to that of the PC? I mean, what? Are you really making that argument? Meh...
I'm saying that both exist. I don't - and neither do you or Capcom - have the exact figures, so it would be unwise to state anything of that nature.

You make no sense pal. I'm using an "insane" argument for assuming Capcom doesn't have to prove anything to butthurt PC gamers?
I'm saying that if their argument is we're losing revenue - then stopping it altogether hurts the paying customers and doesn't hurt the pirates at all.
As for the MUGEN thing, well...since when do you pay attention to PR statements? It's about their bottom line, in the end, and a bunch of sprites thrown together aren't likely to affect that any time soon, but if they did you can bet your ass the pertinent community would get slapped with Cease and Desist letters in no time so your argument is invalid.
Nope...Their stated reason is "Damaging IP". I'm stating that isn't true using proof, so my argument still holds weight.

You don't seem to have one though, other than "They can screw you over if they want to".
I'd love to see the game on the PC as much as the next guy but if they are skipping one platform it is more likely due to a perceived risk in comparison to the others.
Which is what I'm saying. I'm just more curious to the reason behind it, because it certainly isn't what they say it is.
It is their money, and I'm sure they are way more informed on how to keep said money than you are.
Oh really?

So their way of keeping said money is to ignore a potential market. I'm pretty sure that GCSE Business Studies covers that no-no.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Eduku said:
Lordmarkus said:
First things first, who would want to play Street Fighter 4 on a PC? Aren't the whole concept of fighting games to button mash a controller and having vs matches in comfy couch? Which nothing that the PC delivers.
Is this a serious question? I can't tell if you're being highly sarcastic or not. I'll assume you aren't for the purposes of this answer:

SFIV PC was a 'strong seller', so clearly, a lot of people. You can connect controllers to a PC. SFIV PC has multiplayer (online and offline). You can connect a PC to a large monitor or television.
...and why put up so much effort to make a perfectly good PC to work like a console? If you have to do all that to get the the same experience but with shinier graphics, then just play the game on a console and cover your eyes if you can't stand the abomination of gaming under 1080p while leaving the PC for genres it's actually good at.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
Raithnor said:
Given enough time someone will figure out a way to emulate console or crack a DVD's copy protection.
Ah, I get what you mean. However, not having the tools to protect an IP it is not the same thing as failing to protect it, in a legal sense.

Eduku

Sep 11, 2010
Lordmarkus said:
Eduku said:
Lordmarkus said:
First things first, who would want to play Street Fighter 4 on a PC? Aren't the whole concept of fighting games to button mash a controller and having vs matches in comfy couch? Which nothing that the PC delivers.
Is this a serious question? I can't tell if you're being highly sarcastic or not. I'll assume you aren't for the purposes of this answer:

SFIV PC was a 'strong seller', so clearly, a lot of people. You can connect controllers to a PC. SFIV PC has multiplayer (online and offline). You can connect a PC to a large monitor or television.
...and why put up so much effort to make a perfectly good PC to work like a console? If you have to do all that to get the the same experience but with shinier graphics, then just play the game on a console and cover your eyes if you can't stand the abomination of gaming under 1080p while leaving the PC for genres it's actually good at.
Firstly, it's not a massive workload of effort to do. You get a controller, you plug it in. You then plug your PC into a screen/TV. That's it.

Secondly, I know it sounds painfully obvious, but some people don't own consoles. Nor do they want to obtain one for reasons which differ from person to person.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
unabomberman said:
I'm saying that both exist. I don't - and neither do you or Capcom - have the exact figures, so it would be unwise to state anything of that nature.

You make no sense pal. I'm using an "insane" argument for assuming Capcom doesn't have to prove anything to butthurt PC gamers?
I'm saying that if their argument is we're losing revenue - then stopping it altogether hurts the paying customers and doesn't hurt the pirates at all.
Nope...Their stated reason is "Damaging IP". I'm stating that isn't true using proof, so my argument still holds weight.

You don't seem to have one though, other than "They can screw you over if they want to".
Which is what I'm saying. I'm just more curious to the reason behind it, because it certainly isn't what they say it is.
Oh really?

So their way of keeping said money is to ignore a potential market. I'm pretty sure that GCSE Business Studies covers that no-no.
Re-quoting your simplifying my statement: "They can screw you over if they want to".

Yeah. That's what I'm saying. You just deny the dashing brilliance of said argument.

Also, nobody is hurting you if you are not paying. You act as if you were some kind of victim when you aren't...or maybe you are accounting for pain and suffering. Maybe?

You know how you can get "hurt"? If you pay and the product sucks, that's how. A product you won't be getting in the first place, which ironically hurts Capcom less than if they put it out.

And Re-quoting you simplifying my statement: So their way of keeping said money is to ignore a potential market."

And my answer is: Yep.

Next time put more attention on what they do instead of what they say. Just a thought.

K, bye.

Feb 13, 2008
unabomberman said:
Re-quoting your simplifying my statement: "They can screw you over if they want to".
And we can ask why, or discuss it without it turning into hate-speech.
Next time put more attention on what they do instead of what they say. Just a thought.
Given that they didn't "do" anything...I have no idea what you're on about.
And I'd rather keep it that way.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
unabomberman said:
And we can ask why, or discuss it without it turning into hate-speech.
Given that they didn't "do" anything...I have no idea what you're on about.
And I'd rather keep it that way.
I love it when someone bothers replying only to basically say "Shut it."

No hard feelings. Have a good one.

Dr. Whiggs

Jan 12, 2008
Eduku said:
Dr. Whiggs said:
Eduku said:
Dr. Whiggs said:
Do PC gamers realize they bring these things on themselves?
Because all PC gamers are pirates, right?
Enough are to prevent porting.
Enough buyers to make a profit.
Enough cheese to make an omelette.

Seriously, PC gamers pay less for games, can do more with them, and still steal them and ***** when they don't get their way.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
vansau said:
What makes me laugh is that due to the arcade chip architecture, it's most probably going to be emulated. Irony?

Anyway screw you Capcom, you're like an abusive husband.

Straying Bullet said:
Only way to elevate this situation is to team up with Valve/Steam, Capcom. Don't screw us over.
Oh but didn't you hear? They think it would be unfair to those who don't have Steam if they release it on there.

WHAT? How to get Steam:

1) Have internet

2) Download Steam

3) ???

4) PERFECT!

That was such a piss weak excuse I don't even know what to say to it, considering the successful DRM requires internet connection at least to activate. Either way, alleviation ain't happening folks, and I'll shed a tear every day this isn't on PC.

Eduku

Sep 11, 2010
Dr. Whiggs said:
Eduku said:
Dr. Whiggs said:
Eduku said:
Dr. Whiggs said:

Seriously, PC gamers pay less for games, can do more with them, and still steal them and ***** when they don't get their way.
Sorry, I can't argue with this logic. Too clouded with anti-PC sentiments. I've tried arguing with similar people, but have never gotten through. Therefore, I'm pulling out. You win, I lose. We're all pirates, every single last one of us. We don't deserve anything.

Dr. Whiggs

Jan 12, 2008
Eduku said:
Dr. Whiggs said:
Eduku said:
Dr. Whiggs said:
Eduku said:
Dr. Whiggs said:

Sorry, I can't argue with this logic. Too clouded with anti-PC sentiments. I've tried arguing with similar people, but have never gotten through. Therefore, I'm pulling out. You win, I lose. We're all pirates, every single last one of us. We don't deserve anything.
Could you please point out where I said that, you toddler?

Eduku

Sep 11, 2010
Dr. Whiggs said:
Eduku said:
Dr. Whiggs said:
Eduku said:
Dr. Whiggs said:
Eduku said:
Dr. Whiggs said:

Could you please point out where I said that, you toddler?
Nice, I'm reduced to a toddler now. And I'm the immature one throwing insults around. Waa.