Superman/Batman Title Revealed, And It's Hilarious

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
It really sounds like one of those Japanese games that have their title translated literally, like Devil's Castle Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. It's really difficult to remember and flows about as naturally off the tongue as superglue.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Also relevant:

God that title really doesn't feel me with any kind of anticipation or hope that it'll be any good.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Wait, what? Is this going to be a real movie? Seriously? How does Batman even stand a chance against Superman? I mean Batman is basically just a goth Inspector Gadget guy, whereas Superman is like, an actual super-man with real super powers!

HE CAN TURN BACK TIME!!!

And both of them are good guys!
How does this even make sense?

Mike Pothier

Dec 14, 2012
Tiamat666 said:
Wait, what? Is this going to be a real movie? Seriously? How does Batman even stand a chance against Superman? I mean Batman is basically just a goth Inspector Gadget guy, whereas Superman is like, an actual super-man with real super powers!

HE CAN TURN BACK TIME!!!

And both of them are good guys!
How does this even make sense?
I'm guessing you don't read many of the comics.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Clearly, it's actually Batman 5 Superman, referencing all the high fives they give each other in the film. For Justice.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
Mr. Q said:
KazeAizen said:
Chimpzy said:
Ok yeah, that's a pretty boring title. Not terrible, but just cliched.

Also:

No, no, no, no, no, NO! That Superman S needs to be darkened and desaturated more. It's still exuding too much joy, life and wonder. It needs dreary grimdark, because that worked so well for Batman. Make it grey. And smaller.

In fact, WB, let's leave out the S altogether and just make another Batman movie. You know you want to.
Did you not see the leaked photo of Henry Caville's new Superman costume? All the colors have been brightened. Seriously save for just one or two design tweaks the only major change is the color in that the red is actually red, the yellow is more pronounced, and the blue looks like it was pulled from Superman the Animated series.
New photo?! Where the hell is that photo at? I've heard jack and/or squat about that bit of news.
It was a leaked photo. It showed up on my twitter feed a few days ago but I think its one of those things that wasn't supposed to be out there officially yet so they managed to scrub it away. However yeah the suit actually looks pretty dang awesome. Take the suit from Man of Steel and apply the colors from Superman the Animated series and you have the new Superman suit. Trust me though. The new suit is a step in the right direction.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Can't wait for the darker sequel, "TWILIGHT OF INJUSTICE." Or if they're going with the Legion of Doom, "DUSK OF DOOM."

Ooh. Now I sincerely hope it's "DUSK OF DOOM!"

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
KazeAizen said:
Mr. Q said:
KazeAizen said:
Chimpzy said:
Ok yeah, that's a pretty boring title. Not terrible, but just cliched.

Also:

No, no, no, no, no, NO! That Superman S needs to be darkened and desaturated more. It's still exuding too much joy, life and wonder. It needs dreary grimdark, because that worked so well for Batman. Make it grey. And smaller.

In fact, WB, let's leave out the S altogether and just make another Batman movie. You know you want to.
Did you not see the leaked photo of Henry Caville's new Superman costume? All the colors have been brightened. Seriously save for just one or two design tweaks the only major change is the color in that the red is actually red, the yellow is more pronounced, and the blue looks like it was pulled from Superman the Animated series.
New photo?! Where the hell is that photo at? I've heard jack and/or squat about that bit of news.
It was a leaked photo. It showed up on my twitter feed a few days ago but I think its one of those things that wasn't supposed to be out there officially yet so they managed to scrub it away. However yeah the suit actually looks pretty dang awesome. Take the suit from Man of Steel and apply the colors from Superman the Animated series and you have the new Superman suit. Trust me though. The new suit is a step in the right direction.
As much as I want to believe you, I'd rather see actual proof of this image. Did you save this image to share with others? I'm not calling you a liar but I'd like to see the evidence for myself.

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
Batman V Superman
The quest for a better movie

Batman V Superman
Blind Justice

Batman V Superman
The Cashgrab

Batman V Superman
Just Us League

and Finally my last joke one

Batman v Superman
Mister Mxyzptlks Revenge

A better movies title would have been

Batman Vs Superman
Doomsday

the last one even sets up the best villain to start the justice league movie

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
CriticalMiss said:
DTWolfwood said:
So this is suppose to be sequel to SUPERMAN right? cause from the title and art, id mistake this for a Batman movie where Superman shows up as a cameo <.<
All DC movies are required by law to be about Batman somehow. And half of all Batman things must be about Joker.

Why not drop your suggestions for alternate titles in comments.
Batman v Superman: Batman Will Win
Batman v Superman: Good Enough I Guess
Batman v Superman: Please Don't Watch Avengers 2
Superman v Batman: Only Kidding, Batman Is More Important
Im surprised they didnt go with this
Batman: now with superman

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
It reads exactly like the kind of awful Spanish subtitle movies adopt whenever they arrive over here, because apparently they cannot be marketed on foreign proper nouns alone. "The Wolverine" became "Immortal Wolverine", "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" became "The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Electro's Power" and so on.

Alpha Maeko said:
Batman v Superman: Men in Tights (yes, they do indeed roam around the forest looking for fights)
They may look like sissies, but watch what you say or else they'll put out your lights!

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
Mr. Q said:
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Oh God! There is so much fail to cover...

First off, kudos to Ross Lincoln for poking fun at this title. However, I doubt this would go to the supreme court. Something like this would be settled in The People's Court. BTW, I will offer an exclusive Escapist No-Prize for anyone who remembers that show.

Second, lets take a closer look at the title and the logo for this upcoming train wreck:

It's safe to say that DC Comics/Warner Bros has lost any right to call this a Man of Steel sequel now that Batman is getting top billing. Way to show faith in one of greatest icons in pop culture and comic book history by having him play second banana to your over-milked cash cow, guys. This will definitely make Henry Cavill want to come back for more of this crap.

If that wasn't apparent enough, take a closer look at the merged logo. The Superman "S" shield is now being slowly devoured by the Frank Miller Batman symbol. Any traces of red and gold/yellow in the S is fading away in the black (and sometimes dark gray) void of the Dark Knight. Not only can this be seen as one hero overshadowing the other, but its also a metaphor for the all-consuming "dark, grim, & gritty" trend that DC/WB continue to worship in an obscene manner. Even though it is the 14th year of the 21st century and not the 1990s, these two companies continue to beat this dead horse despite said horse is now completely decomposed and has very little substance to beat.

Going back to the title, there seems to be something missing. What could it be? If you guessed Wonder Woman, give yourself a cookie. Since Gal Gadot is portraying the amazon princess, shouldn't she be in the title as well? Shouldn't this be called something on the lines of "Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: World's Finest" or perhaps "The World's Finest"? Well, if you look at the second paragraph of the press release, we find out that Wonder Woman, DC's iconic super-heroine and a long-time staple of female characters, has been placed among the supporting cast.

Yeah!

Talk about getting the short end of the stick. Not only does this show an utter lack of respect to Wonder Woman and to her fans, but the fact that she's only a supporting character just shows how fucking slapdash the production of this movie truly is. Her inclusion is not part of a master plan to bring together three of the greatest heroes of all time. This is merely piss-poor pandering to the fans and moviegoers they desperately need to keep this ship afloat.

I'd also like to point out that, in the credits to the creators behind these characters, Bill Finger, co-creator of Batman and his entire universe (Robin, the Bat Cave, etc), is left out of this. Because DC Comics still thinks Bob Kane, one of the biggest douche-bags to ever exist in the comic book industry, is the sole creator of Batman. And this is just after they explained to the press that they've smoothed things over with Bill Finger's family despite the fact that the family is saying otherwise.

Hey, DC! In support of Bill Finger's family, here are two fingers just for you(NSFW).

And just to put the cyanide-laced cherry on top of this shit sundae, here is an online article from The Mary Sue that shows just how much of a clueless and disrespectful cocksucker David S Goyer really is.

http://www.themarysue.com/david-goyer-calls-she-hulk-sex-fantasy/

OK! Now I seriously want to go to this year's San Diego Comic Con, price of admission be damned! The only reason I would go is to attend the Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (yep, still sounds stupid) panel, march on stage with a baseball bat, and proceed to beat the shit out of Zack Snyder and David S Goyer.

*sigh*

To be honest, part of me wants to see a crossover movie with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman work. Unfortunately, its in the hands of the most socially-retarded pack of jack-offs ever to be shit out of Hollywood. Now all I want is to see this movie fail and fail hard, if only to teach these moronic bastards a lesson.
lets face it the only good DC movies are gonna be the animated ones, god forbid we let Bruce Timm and the other who made the animated Batman and Superman series give it a go, or you know any current comic book writer...... or at least someone who actually has a great deal of care and knowledge of the characters, also who else wants to bet that the Justice League movie will not have them fighting either Vandal Savage or Doomsday, but Lex Luthor or the Joker

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
LoathsomePete said:
I would applaud WB so hard if this turned out to be a fake out and the promise of a high octane superhero brawl turns out to be a 2 hour courtroom drama where Batman plays the prosecuting attorney against Superman for the damages to Metropolis and Smallville in Man of Steel.
I think that you might have gotten the greatest idea of all time, but you forgot he is also under murder charges for killing zod

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
bigfatcarp93 said:
Baresark said:
Wow.... worst title in the world. Please WB, STOP MAKING MOVIES, YOU ARE AWFUL AT IT!

...Baresark said to the progenitors of the Harry Potter films....
LoL, that is fair. They were pretty good films (not sure how they were compared to the books). I change my comment to stop making comic book movies.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
LoathsomePete said:
I would applaud WB so hard if this turned out to be a fake out and the promise of a high octane superhero brawl turns out to be a 2 hour courtroom drama where Batman plays the prosecuting attorney against Superman for the damages to Metropolis and Smallville in Man of Steel.
Harvey Birdman could make a cameo. Or just be a full on supporting character.