Supporters of trump storm congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
These aren't peaceful protesters. This is a mob storming congress itself to topple democracy.
Ah yes, to earn the "peaceful protester" title you have to start fires

Clearly, just entering a building "it's just property!" is on the same level as arson.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States

Far be it from me to defend the protests from 2020, but at least they had an actual good reason to be upset.

The people we're seeing right now are rioting because they believe that the election was stolen, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
Waiting for the usual suspects to say ACAB and decry the use of violence against peaceful protesters and generally use the same arguments they use whenever a black person gets shot.

Waiting...
Waiting for the usual suspects to instantly denounce the crowd and cheer at the police force for shooting down the violent protestors trying to take down democracy.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Waiting for the usual suspects to instantly denounce the crowd and cheer at the police force for shooting down the violent protestors trying to take down democracy.
I’m usual suspects and I would prefer the cops not shoot people and instead would’ve liked there to have been significant counter demonstrations and public organizing to prevent this.

Bartholen

At age 6 I was born without a face
Legacy
Jul 1, 2020
Country
Finland

Clearly, just entering a building "it's just property!" is on the same level as arson.
Holy shit, you're still drinking the Kool-Aid!? You're still trying to equivocate this while a violent takeover of your government is happening in multiple states right in front of your eyes! I don't care if this gets me in trouble with the mods, but I'm perfectly fine with saying you're an actual fascist. And not even in a jokey way, or even as a pejorative, but as a statement of real life fact:

You. Are. A. Fascist.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
The MSM called it in 2015. This was expected
I mean I called narrow Biden victory then Trump/followers try to overturn it based on technicality related to COVID’s effects on the election while Biden and the rest decide to wait it out assuming nothing will come of it until it’s too late. That was my specific call.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Media is still calling them protesters, they are rioters.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You're still trying to equivocate this while a violent takeover of your government is happening in multiple states right in front of your eyes!
Better that, than a non-violent stealing of the ballot box, wouldn't you say? What do you think the 2nd Amendment was meant for, protection against wild animals?
This is WE THE PEOPLE who are, in their minds, acting to protect their country from forces who would otherwise illegitimately control it.

Refusing to understand and empathize with their point of view won't get you anywhere.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
This is bad. Very, very bad.

And there's no excuse for it. Trump lost. No amount of rioting will change that.
Man, Trump must be fucking loving this. Can you just imagine the colossal mushroom-shaped boner that it must give that narcissist to be the person who whips a mob up into storming the capitol? The feeling of power, of being loved that much, that he can do that.

But really, it's where the country's been going for years, and it's possibly just the beginning. Maybe some of the Republican politicians who have indulged this shit will reconsider and decide to cool things down instead, but as likely they'll simply follow in the footsteps as it's the route to power. Fox and OAN etc. will follow the money, and the money comes from the viewers who just stormed the Capitol.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Fox and OAN etc. will follow the money, and the money comes from the viewers who just stormed the Capitol.
Actually, Fox has fallen out of favor with them. OAN is still good, though.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Better that, than a non-violent stealing of the ballot box, wouldn't you say? What do you think the 2nd Amendment was meant for, protection against wild animals?
This is WE THE PEOPLE who are, in their minds, acting to protect their country from forces who would otherwise illegitimately control it.

Refusing to understand and empathize with their point of view won't get you anywhere.
They are a bunch of violent lunatics out to topple democracy because they didn't get their way. that's all there is to it.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009

Honestly, I don't think your token attempts at dissociating yourself from them really wash, given how much you've indulged them.

Reactions: CaitSeith

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Man, Trump must be fucking loving this. Can you just imagine the colossal mushroom-shaped boner that it must give that narcissist to be the person who whips a mob up into storming the capitol? The feeling of power, of being loved that much, that he can do that.

But really, it's where the country's been going for years, and it's possibly just the beginning. Maybe some of the Republican politicians who have indulged this shit will reconsider and decide to cool things down instead, but as likely they'll simply follow in the footsteps as it's the route to power. Fox and OAN etc. will follow the money, and the money comes from the viewers who just stormed the Capitol.
I really wonder. Its possible that Trump is watching this with a sense of awe and pleasure at being able to do this. But at heart he's also a coward so its equally possible he's spooked about just how much trouble this is going to bring him. One could very well argue that inciting a mob to storm the capitol is a criminal offense.

Reactions: CaitSeith

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
They are a bunch of violent lunatics out to topple democracy because they didn't get their way. that's all there is to it.
"BLM is a bunch of racist, communist, marxists that want to topple democracy because they don't want to be held responsible for their own actions".
See how unhelpful that is? See how anyone can just do that, just claim things about their motivations and cast aspersions in lieu of an actual argument?

You are simply just refusing to see things from any other point of view but your own.
Going through life hating people simply because of their political beliefs is no way to live.

Honestly, I don't think your token attempts at dissociating yourself from them really wash, given how much you've indulged them.
Well, I'm not in DC at the moment. I can't rightly say "we".

Status
Not open for further replies.