Supposedly Difficult Bosses That You Found to be Easy?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
One from Persona 4:

Matsuo's shadow. Apparently loads of people found this really hard, but I just spammed my most powerful physical attacks from Kanji, Chie and my character then had Yukiko use Mediarama every turn. It's easy when you've got three characters with 400+ health and one with 400+ SP that has the skill that makes health spells 50% better. I did kind of grind a lot in that dungeon before going into the boss room, so I was about 10 levels above the recommended level. I was also lucky and ran into about ten golden hands in that dungeon, each giving me 10,000+ free EXP

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Radoh said:
Let's see, just yesterday I beat The End in MGS3, really fun fight but not at all what I'd say was difficult.

Every single boss in Alpha Protocol. I hear tons of complaints from folks saying that pistol only is impossible to do in that game despite me never using any other weapon, even in the boss fights. Steel Core Round Chainshot Critical Headshots are super op, and no one ever thinks to use them I guess.
Don't know why anyone would say that, the Pistol is op as hell and a total boss mauler in Alpha Protocol.

Not so much easy (it was but no-one said it would be difficult) but I did beat all of the optional bosses in Disgaea with absolutely minimal grinding.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
vid87 said:
I just (re)beat Final Fantasy 7 with a friend - it's probably because I over-leveled to fight the WEAPONS, but good Lord the last three bosses are pathetic: Jenova was so terrible I actually stopped attacking just to see if she would do anything but she sat there for like 5 turns before I said screw it and finished it (we found out that affects whether you can split your party into 3 teams for Sephiroth) / Bizarro is just overly complicated, not hard / Safer, the most famous and enduring gaming villains, the famed "One Winged Angel", is really simple. He Super Nova'd me twice and I tossed out a mega-elixir. I'm actually less impressed with Sephiroth as a character because of it. My friend actually asked me why I didn't bring any summons and I said "Because it'd be over too quickly!" Incidentally, I remember having to fight Ultimate several times in the past - this time I used Knights I think twice and he died in 2-3 sessions.
I had the same situation. Just finished the game for the very first time a few days ago. I've spoiled this fight for myself a bit with a walkthrough (I just wanted to find out how to make this Golden Chocobo, and I was suddenly reading most of it) and it said something like this: Sephioth's stats are somehow multiplied by party's level. So, I leveled Cloud, Tifa and Barret up to the max, they all had master command/magic, 4x cut and Cloud also had master summon. Oh, and everyone had ultimate weapons. The WHOLE fight ( meaning pre "angel Sephiroth" and "angel Sephiroth") was about 7-10 4x cuts long.

That was really not fun. When FFX HD comes out I will make a separate game save with party of a decent, but not high level just to enjoy Jecht fight.

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
In Dark Souls, the hardest boss is Manus. He's from the DLC as the final boss.

Let me tell you- he's REALLY hard if you're not prepared. Not only that, you're screwed if you're soloing him on NG+ unprepared. I remember dying to him 34x before beating him by a notch of health left. The only reason I found him to be easy without even losing a quarter of my health next time was because of a few things...

• 1) I was able to summon Sif to help me. When you rescue him, he actually aids you (hard to find his summon sign during the fight though.)

2) Having the silver pendant repels all of his dark magic so he's basically wasting his time.

3) The character I used was a tank / faith build with a strong shield, so I was able to block 100% of physical attacks.

4) Sunlight blade. It wrecks Manus especially if the Sunlight blade is enchanted on a 15+ Murakumo.

With all of these, he was pretty easy. Don't get me wrong though, without Sif, my build or having a good spell- he's really tough. Heaven forbid if you're a guy with less then 800 HP he'll kill you in a heartbeat unless otherwise.
That fight was interesting to say the least. I didn't know you could summon Sif though I did find him and take the shield. When I fought Manus I was playing my Dragon Mage build (no armor), and I didn't know you could use the Silver Pendant to deflect his attacks (I was light enough that I could dodge fast and it didn't matter). My biggest complaint is that he has a ton of health and attacks relentlessly. His physical attacks are easy enough to roll under, but there is rarely a chance to heal if you do get hit, and trying to play a caster class against him requires you to know exactly when he is going to take a break long enough for your to get a Crystal Soul Spear off. Because of how much health he had I ran out of spells before the end of the fight and had to rely on my Moonlight Greatsword to chip away at him until he died.

That being said, I think trying to cut off Kalameet's tail makes for a much harder fight than Manus.

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
Lovely Mixture said:
This is all assuming that we're formally fighting Kalameet and are using Gough's help. Otherwise the "fight" is about as much a fight as it is in Demon's Souls.
It's actually possible to kill Kalameet without Gough's help. If you set yourself up in the arena as he swoops in and hit him with a shot from the Dragonslayer bow, it will cripple him just like if Gough had shot him. It opens up a unique dialogue with Gough when you go see him, he will be impressed that you brought the dragon down by yourself and give you his bow.

already in use

Nov 29, 2011
The Four Kings in darksouls.
They were supposed to be the hardest boss, I just ran to everyone of them and
spammed r1 great club untill they were down,they hardly dealt any damage either.
I thought it was because my first char was over sl 100, but it wasnt much harder
with my low level mage invader and a crystal halbert. There were like six of them though.

ForumSafari

Sep 25, 2012
Karn from Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 was this for me.

He's supposed to play a pretty crushing artifact deck, it Tinkers and Show & Tells into Darksteel Colossus or Sundering Titan, uses a few banned Modern format cards (despite the cheaty cards this is primarily a Modern deck, it doesn't play in Legacy) but he doesn't capitalise on his deck fast enough. For one thing this is a pretty bad deck and secondly he doesn't ramp fast enough. With a proper list he should have the Colossus out turn 1 every time. All in all I'd struggle to play this deck at FNM, he doesn't play it properly but this deck is fundamentally misconstructed.

He's the final boss of the main campaign. I've found countless walkthroughs asking how to beat him and known half a dozen odd people that had trouble beating him. It baffles me because ina kind of Driver way the first match against Koth was in my opinion one of the hardest int he entire campaign.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
In monster hunter tri, I was notably uncomfortable when people said the barioth was a fast and fucking mean machine, and don't get me wrong he is, but if you weaken his main strength, his agility, by taking out his arms with enough damage, he loses that agility by being forced to recuperate after every jump, so you can just cut the *****, but still, you walk into the boss area when he see you and you don't know he has a AIR DIVE ATTACK, you can be pretty fucked yourself, that is a mean attack.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
After easily finishing Psychonauts I was surprised to find out that the final level is thought of as some legendary obstacle course of death. It's really just about working out the timing and route to take, both of which can be done easily.