Supposedly Difficult Bosses That You Found to be Easy?

Lrbearclaw

May 19, 2009
Moloch Sacrifice said:
Lrbearclaw said:
Round 2 with Saren in Mass Effect. I killed him with 2 shotgun blasts on Normal mode. No cheats were used but I felt cheated.
The what? how is that even possible?
Picked up the Explosive Ammo X, was a Soldier and found the best shotgun randomly on my way to him. It may have glitched I don't know.

I used my speed got in and blasted him at point blank in the face while he was on the ground and again when he landed in his jumps.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
RJ 17 said:
As for Mr. Freeze, I don't see what all the hub-bub was about. While certainly more challenging than Croc and very unforgiving if you mess up, it's basically just a "final exam" of all your Batman stealth skills. That is to say, it's testing your mastery of the Predator sections of the game. The hardest part of the battle is that you can't use the gargoyles in the room, but even so it really isn't that hard to work your way around the room and set up all the possible stealth-takedowns that Batman can pull off. Personally I never had a problem with him.
final exam? whut? if you had the answers to your final exam posted in the margins, then you sir had a corrupt school :p
the game tells you how to beat him, provides several more take-downs than is necessary and then writes a guide in the bat computer in-case you're too lazy to do it for yourself >.> if people are complaining about it.. well they just can't read!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEgCWSnfXFU

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
The Lugz said:
RJ 17 said:
As for Mr. Freeze, I don't see what all the hub-bub was about. While certainly more challenging than Croc and very unforgiving if you mess up, it's basically just a "final exam" of all your Batman stealth skills. That is to say, it's testing your mastery of the Predator sections of the game. The hardest part of the battle is that you can't use the gargoyles in the room, but even so it really isn't that hard to work your way around the room and set up all the possible stealth-takedowns that Batman can pull off. Personally I never had a problem with him.
final exam? whut? if you had the answers to your final exam posted in the margins, then you sir had a corrupt school :p
the game tells you how to beat him, provides several more take-downs than is necessary and then writes a guide in the bat computer in-case you're too lazy to do it for yourself >.> if people are complaining about it.. well they just can't read!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEgCWSnfXFU
That just further proves my point about the guy. :p

I called it a "final exam" because (at least on New Game +, and I think the standard Hard difficulty) you have to do every possible stealth takedown on him, and you can only do each one once. So it really is a test of how sneaky you can be WITHOUT just camping on the gargoyles the whole time.

But you're exactly right: the guy is obscenely easy to beat if you just put a little bit of forethought into your approach. All the answers are indeed right there in the bat-computer. "Ohhhhhh, so I forgot about the Line Launcher takedown. Got it." But in keeping with the topic at hand, he was a boss that was hyped up as being VERY difficult but in the end you just Batman the fuck out of him.

I love using "Batman" as a verb. :3

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
teebeeohh said:
wait, what?
i found him incredibly easy, he melted away from eating soul spears. mind you, i have not encountered him in any kind of NG+ because that just isn't my jam but still, i had more trouble with the chimera.

i would name O&S, so many people have told me they quit the game because they couldn't get past them but really only died once because i didn't have a shield that blocked lightning damage so i died from the damage that bleed through my block. The main reason they are hard is because there are two of them, the attack patterns fairly easy to read and you have to separate them. Unless you want to kill smaug first, that is a ***** to do.

Using magic (especially soul spear) is essentially easy mode, except for bosses with magic resistance of course.

Artorias's main (and only) strength is wacking you up close, so obviously a ranged strategy puts you at an advantage, if you try fighting him with melee you'll see how tough he is.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Lovely Mixture said:
teebeeohh said:
wait, what?
i found him incredibly easy, he melted away from eating soul spears. mind you, i have not encountered him in any kind of NG+ because that just isn't my jam but still, i had more trouble with the chimera.

i would name O&S, so many people have told me they quit the game because they couldn't get past them but really only died once because i didn't have a shield that blocked lightning damage so i died from the damage that bleed through my block. The main reason they are hard is because there are two of them, the attack patterns fairly easy to read and you have to separate them. Unless you want to kill smaug first, that is a ***** to do.

Using magic (especially soul spear) is essentially easy mode, except for bosses with magic resistance of course.

Artorias's main (and only) strength is wacking you up close, so obviously a ranged strategy puts you at an advantage, if you try fighting him with melee you'll see how tough he is.
thing is, ranged doesn't really work in dark souls, at least not what i understand to be ranged since you need to lock onto enemies at a fairly close and range and most bosses (that are not huge) will dodge your spells anyway so i tend to block/dodge an attack and then cast a spell, much like i would use a melee weapon. it just requires less repetition of the same thing since soul spear does hit like a truck.
i have also beaten him with a spear but i have been told this doesn't count either since spears make darting in and out of combat super easy.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
Jace and Nicol Bolas in Magic 2013: Duels of the Planeswalkers.

Everyone and their brother told me that those bosses would make me want to rage quit after losing so many times. I beat them both on Arch-Mage with no difficulty. Used Goblins on Nicol and Soldiers on Jace. Jace brings out creature that forces me to mill, I wait for mana, cast Day of Judgement, and token flood him next turn, mills me maybe twice for about 4 cards.

Nicol Bolas? He nearly mills himself to death, and everything else was taken down by my goblins with +3, +3 and Haste with Double Strike. He never even got near my life total, and when he killed one of my goblin chieftains, i simply waited out of spite until i could Krenko's Command him 3 times in a row and just Zerg Rushed him. Any threats were either Goblin Arsonist'd away or i cast Lightning Bolt after his attack/defend phase. I guess RDW applies.

A boss i found tough because of stupid mechanics was Capra. But i had literally just started the game. I was going for pure melee build and in tight spaces, by Black Knight Sword had a bit of trouble moving around, but throwing a Firebomb at my feet made short work of his dogs, and i would just bait his leap attack, roll to the side and 2 hit punish him every-time. Yes when i first bought the game, Capra made me rage quit. But after I learned how to play properly, it was a cakewalk in shoes made of fluffy frosting.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Okamiyasha said:
Hm, I'd probably have to say The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3. I didn't realize until after I finished the game that so many people struggle with her.
Heh, I remember the first time I played through the game, I was just barely able to beat her before the ten minute time limit was up on the first try. Twas an epic feeling. And this was on the Easy setting.

Now, I don't have much trouble with her on Hard mode. Just got to watch out for when she occasionally fakes you out.

Also, if you want to see someone really struggle against The Boss, watch "This is how you don't play MGS3". Dear god, so much fail.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
The Wykydtron said:
You just ninja'd my post after getting your own post ninja'd! That's meta!

Nyx was a *****. Besides the shroud killing Junpei every time it was up (he'd cast it before I could reassign Junpei's role) I annihilated Nyx with a team of Satan, Beelz and Mara. Like in P4, the protag gets super OP near the end. I also used Melchizedek for the last 50 floors or so. I pumped his strength up so he could just one-shot entire groups. It was dumb.

As for X-Com, I pretty much did the same thing. Conrad Verner, expert sniper, one-shot the final boss from a room away.

Margaret in Persona 4 was way easier than I was made to think. As long as you know her pattern you can easily defeat her within the 50 turn limit (or 100 if you have Enduring Soul). I think I beat her in about 25 turns using OP as fuck Yoshitsune.

vid87

May 17, 2010
I just (re)beat Final Fantasy 7 with a friend - it's probably because I over-leveled to fight the WEAPONS, but good Lord the last three bosses are pathetic: Jenova was so terrible I actually stopped attacking just to see if she would do anything but she sat there for like 5 turns before I said screw it and finished it (we found out that affects whether you can split your party into 3 teams for Sephiroth) / Bizarro is just overly complicated, not hard / Safer, the most famous and enduring gaming villains, the famed "One Winged Angel", is really simple. He Super Nova'd me twice and I tossed out a mega-elixir. I'm actually less impressed with Sephiroth as a character because of it. My friend actually asked me why I didn't bring any summons and I said "Because it'd be over too quickly!" Incidentally, I remember having to fight Ultimate several times in the past - this time I used Knights I think twice and he died in 2-3 sessions.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
teebeeohh said:
Lovely Mixture said:
teebeeohh said:
wait, what?

thing is, ranged doesn't really work in dark souls, at least not what i understand to be ranged since you need to lock onto enemies at a fairly close and range and most bosses (that are not huge) will dodge your spells anyway so i tend to block/dodge an attack and then cast a spell, much like i would use a melee weapon. it just requires less repetition of the same thing since soul spear does hit like a truck.
i have also beaten him with a spear but i have been told this doesn't count either since spears make darting in and out of combat super easy.
Even that little bit of range helps a lot though, once you're in Artoria's circle he can fuck you up royally with his jumps. And you only need to roll a few times to make sure his circle doesn't get to you.

I'd say a spear counts, because Artorias is a fast boss. The only difference is that you can attack and block at the same time which makes things less risky when he's using his non-overheard attacks.

In fact, there is no strategy that "doesn't count." It's just matter of how much your build affects the difficulty, and they actually nerf'd magic a ton from Demon's Souls.

Every boss is indeed easy once you get their patterns down.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
RJ 17 said:
I love using "Batman" as a verb. :3
'to/i/is/batman/'d' such as 'i batman'd your face fool!' is an excellent verb. it's right up there with
'you rikered her so hard'

because, honestly.. 'plain' english is overrated.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Remus said:
The first boss of Ninja Gaiden Black. I had never touched an X-Box (and haven't since) before trying this game at my nephew's. I don't see what the big deal is.
He isn't that hard but when you first start you have to get used to the controls and stuff. Also, I remember having a hard time when I started because I had no strategy or anything. The boss that I found easy was Pazu, the boss in the sewer level. I heard he was really hard but he wasn't at all. Also, the bone dragon was easier than I was led to believe.

I have to say every boss after the calm lands in FFX because it is when you can use the tonberry glitch to power level. :)
Also, evrae the dragon on the airship is easy.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
TizzytheTormentor said:
Fappy said:
Margaret in Persona 4 was way easier than I was made to think. As long as you know her pattern you can easily defeat her within the 50 turn limit (or 100 if you have Enduring Soul). I think I beat her in about 25 turns using OP as fuck Yoshitsune.
She is harder in Golden, since she only has 25 turns until she kills your party (still getting 2 turns per round)

OT: I made a thread like this before, but I will say many bosses in Shin Megami Tensei IV, some like Koga Saburo were built up to be super hard, I beat them without losing any health, I guess having Tetrakarn and spamming ice helped.

Also have to say Virgil in Devil May Cry 3, even on the harder difficulties, he is easy to beat down (unlike Arkham, who is mostly hard just for being a long ass boss)

EDIT: Oh yeah, Shadow Mitsuo in Persona 4!
Mind Charge
Agidyne
Repeat
The final bosses in SMT IV are really easy too. Some of the later Challenge bosses and the Fiends are hard as crap though. If your whole party blocks their main attacks they go in berserker almighty spam mode D:

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
The Capra Demon on Demons Souls. Everyone seems to lose their shit over it, yet I seemed to breeze through it without so much as a tightening of the controller.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Fappy said:
The Wykydtron said:

Nyx was a *****. Besides the shroud killing Junpei every time it was up (he'd cast it before I could reassign Junpei's role) I annihilated Nyx with a team of Satan, Beelz and Mara. Like in P4, the protag gets super OP near the end. I also used Melchizedek for the last 50 floors or so. I pumped his strength up so he could just one-shot entire groups. It was dumb.
No Helel? Armageddon makes her final form a pushover. She was easy enough anyway, but then I was level 95, had a maxed out Messiah and Beelzebub's fusion weapon and just sat there switching between healing with salvation and hitting 800+ with normal attacks. The only time she got close to killing me was when she spams Mahamaon in Justice form or Mamudoon in Hanged Man. That said, the world balance and the Jotun of grief smashed me repeatedly before I worked out how to beat them. In the end I just tanked the Megidoloan's from the world balance because I couldn't handle the constant instant death spamming.

Ongyo-Ki from SMT 3 wasn't too hard for me. I just kept using mana drain until he ran out of SP and then he was a pushover. Also Lucifer was only moderately hard. It got a bit hairy when he dispelled all of my buffs before using Root of Evil which hit 700 damage on all my party members, but since they were all level 99 anyway it wasn't a big deal. Matador and Dante were the only two bosses which really screwed me, and sort of Ahriman (what do you mean focus counts as a spell?!)

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
zarker said:
Maneaters in Demon's Souls. I don't think I've ever died to them, even on NG+. Beating them on a pure melee build is as simple as putting your back to the torch in the middle. If you rotate around it with your shield up they almost never hit you and it's nearly impossible to fly off the edge.

But the Flamelurker still gives me nightmares....

The only other I can think of is the final boss in FTL. Beat it on my first run of the game on Easy. That was a disappointment.
Flamelurker, is he the boss from 2-2? If so... I beat him on my first try.

OT:

A boss that I found rather easy? Hm... I can't really think of one that I heard to be incredibly difficult, except for that one boss in 2-2 of Demon's Souls. The giant fiery dude who runs at you and tries to melee you. Easy fight if you have spells.
That is the Flamelurker, same here. I didn't even use spells.

The Maneaters weren't even really tough themselves (though I died to them the most of any boss). It's just the arena that makes it difficult for people.

ActionDan said:
The Capra Demon on Demons Souls. Everyone seems to lose their shit over it, yet I seemed to breeze through it without so much as a tightening of the controller.
...And I realize now it's the same for the Capra demon, the area is the only thing that makes him "tough." I died to him a bunch of times, but once you understand the area he's easy.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Fractral said:
Fappy said:
The Wykydtron said:

No Helel? Armageddon makes her final form a pushover. She was easy enough anyway, but then I was level 95, had a maxed out Messiah and Beelzebub's fusion weapon and just sat there switching between healing with salvation and hitting 800+ with normal attacks. The only time she got close to killing me was when she spams Mahamaon in Justice form or Mamudoon in Hanged Man. That said, the world balance and the Jotun of grief smashed me repeatedly before I worked out how to beat them. In the end I just tanked the Megidoloan's from the world balance because I couldn't handle the constant instant death spamming.

Ongyo-Ki from SMT 3 wasn't too hard for me. I just kept using mana drain until he ran out of SP and then he was a pushover. Also Lucifer was only moderately hard. It got a bit hairy when he dispelled all of my buffs before using Root of Evil which hit 700 damage on all my party members, but since they were all level 99 anyway it wasn't a big deal. Matador and Dante were the only two bosses which really screwed me, and sort of Ahriman (what do you mean focus counts as a spell?!)
I didn't grind in P3 at all. I fought Nyx as soon as I could (think I was level 82 or something, whatever level you need to be to fuse Mara). I completed the compendium in Persona 4 though as I preferred the combat far more in that title.

Working on getting all the demons in SMT IV, but it's proving to be... difficult. Got Matador and Red Rider so far, but the other 5 fiends are going to take forever to spawn... not to mention fusion accident only Famed demons. FML.