Supposedly Difficult Bosses That You Found to be Easy?

DeadRise17

Feb 23, 2013
I was told that General RAAM was a ***** to beat. But I beat him easily with a torque bow. And this is Insanity.

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
I was expecting to die quite a few times when I first fought the Four Kings in Dark Souls, but I ended up killing them all in my first go.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Fappy said:
I didn't grind in P3 at all. I fought Nyx as soon as I could (think I was level 82 or something, whatever level you need to be to fuse Mara). I completed the compendium in Persona 4 though as I preferred the combat far more in that title.

Working on getting all the demons in SMT IV, but it's proving to be... difficult. Got Matador and Red Rider so far, but the other 5 fiends are going to take forever to spawn... not to mention fusion accident only Famed demons. FML.
I imagine compendium completion will be far harder in SMT 4 because of there being many more demons, but sadly I haven't had a chance to try as it isn't out in the UK yet. I have never bothered with compendium completion in any SMT title other than Devil Survivor 2. Finished Nocturne with 52%, and that was only because I wanted to get Shiva, Vishnu and Metatron to fight Lucifer. What do you think of the increase in demons- are they all relevant, or is it like the later pokemon games where you simply do not use the weaker ones?

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Let's see, just yesterday I beat The End in MGS3, really fun fight but not at all what I'd say was difficult.

Every single boss in Alpha Protocol. I hear tons of complaints from folks saying that pistol only is impossible to do in that game despite me never using any other weapon, even in the boss fights. Steel Core Round Chainshot Critical Headshots are super op, and no one ever thinks to use them I guess.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Fractral said:
Fappy said:
I didn't grind in P3 at all. I fought Nyx as soon as I could (think I was level 82 or something, whatever level you need to be to fuse Mara). I completed the compendium in Persona 4 though as I preferred the combat far more in that title.

Working on getting all the demons in SMT IV, but it's proving to be... difficult. Got Matador and Red Rider so far, but the other 5 fiends are going to take forever to spawn... not to mention fusion accident only Famed demons. FML.
I imagine compendium completion will be far harder in SMT 4 because of there being many more demons, but sadly I haven't had a chance to try as it isn't out in the UK yet. I have never bothered with compendium completion in any SMT title other than Devil Survivor 2. Finished Nocturne with 52%, and that was only because I wanted to get Shiva, Vishnu and Metatron to fight Lucifer. What do you think of the increase in demons- are they all relevant, or is it like the later pokemon games where you simply do not use the weaker ones?
Well, since it's a lot easier to use pretty much any demon at endgame (grind DLC = level 99 OP Alice ftw) and any demon can learn almost any skill, there are very few demons I'd consider useless. Yeah, some have natural resistance advantages but very few have straight up shitty resistances/weaknesses, which is the only thing I can think of that would make any given demon not worth using.

In fact, if you have the right apps it may actually be better to use naturally low level demons and grind them up because of how the attribute points scale.

I'm honestly kind of on the fence about the huge compendium. On one hand it is cool to have a ton of options, but it also feels very bloated and suffocating when you're playing through the game the first time and have a metric-fuck-ton of NEW fusion options every time you go to the Cathedral of Shadows.

Chris Tian

May 5, 2012
I'm in the boat with all the people taht named Ornstein and Smough.

Alot of people tell me how hard they found O&S to be, but I never had problems with them. At least not more than with any other Boss in DS.

The room you fight them in is gigantic and they seem to be oblivous to the pillars in the rooms. With a little practice you can get them stuck behind the pillars with their charge attacks constantly and beat seven kinds of shit out of the two.

Nosirrah

Apr 16, 2013
RJ 17 said:
As for Mr. Freeze, I don't see what all the hub-bub was about. While certainly more challenging than Croc and very unforgiving if you mess up, it's basically just a "final exam" of all your Batman stealth skills. That is to say, it's testing your mastery of the Predator sections of the game. The hardest part of the battle is that you can't use the gargoyles in the room, but even so it really isn't that hard to work your way around the room and set up all the possible stealth-takedowns that Batman can pull off. Personally I never had a problem with him.
Did you fight him on NG+? he is practically impossible then as you have only a limited amount of detective vision, he'll destroy anything similar to what you used and is constantly moving.

OT: General raam, from gears of war. just shoot him with a torque bow, then unload on his face, rinse repeat.

Shao Kahn (MK9, Final boss fight) Apparently, this is the hardest fight in the game, yet by spamming Raiden's projectiles and electrocution move, i beat him almost flawlessly.

Also from MK9 comes the goro & kintaro tag battle, as
Cyber Sub Zero
. I beat both of them in a straight out brawl. don't know what the fuss was about, just dive kick to escape CQC, then jump in with a punch and combo. (FK-BK is really good, especially in corners.)

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Form 2 Ornstein (got him second try) and the Letrec 3v1 (got him first time) from Dark Souls. The final ship from FTL (just kill all but one crew member or pack cloaking guys). Any and every boss from IWBTG. Then again my friends often regard me as the local "gaming god" so it would be easier to name bosses I DID have troubles with...

(Only bosses I DID have trouble with) Basaran (the 9th Colossus... I couldn't stay on his back), Agni/Rudra from DMC3 (I couldn't get them to hit eachother), Sephiroth FF7 (Note: I took him on at level 34-36, not level 99), and Dredmor (from Dungeons of Dredmor... I just can't kill him... and he kills me in 2 hits...)

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Nosirrah said:
RJ 17 said:
As for Mr. Freeze, I don't see what all the hub-bub was about. While certainly more challenging than Croc and very unforgiving if you mess up, it's basically just a "final exam" of all your Batman stealth skills. That is to say, it's testing your mastery of the Predator sections of the game. The hardest part of the battle is that you can't use the gargoyles in the room, but even so it really isn't that hard to work your way around the room and set up all the possible stealth-takedowns that Batman can pull off. Personally I never had a problem with him.
Did you fight him on NG+? he is practically impossible then as you have only a limited amount of detective vision, he'll destroy anything similar to what you used and is constantly moving.
Yeah, I have played him on NG+...and he's still easy as hell. You can use Detective Mode as much as you want, as long as you cut it off before his Jammer Sequence (or whatever, it's shown in the top-right whenever you turn on Detective Mode) gets full. If you cut it off, the sequence dies back down, so you can keep using it throughout the whole fight if you only use it when you need to spot where he currently is.

Beyond that, it's still incredibly easy. He tracks the heat of your footsteps so you get to lead him anywhere you want to in order to set up your stealth takedowns. If you COULDN'T lead him around by the nose and he roamed around freely, then the fight would be much more difficult because you'd have no way of planning out your next attack. But since he's so predictable, all you have to do is walk him by a window then run around to the other side, or walk him by an explodeable wall and blow it up. Walk him down a straight line for the line launcher, etc.

I just never really found the guy to be that challenging at all.

Shanahanapp

Apr 8, 2013
Monsoon in Metal Gear Rising. I think it's 'cause some people had trouble picking up the parry system. I found him quite easy, just spam parry and hit him when he's stunned.

zarker

Oct 14, 2012
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Flamelurker, is he the boss from 2-2? If so... I beat him on my first try.
That's the one! Yeah, he was horrible for me. My 1st toon was all Dex and fairly low level. Took me about 15-20 tries because he's extremely aggressive. His fire did a lot of damage behind my shield and it was almost impossible to get a heal off without being hit. But, he wasn't nearly as bad on my mage or in my NG+.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
That 7 form machine from Gunstar Heroes. A lot of people says hes so hard bit I differ.

Silverbeard

Jul 9, 2013
The last battle in MechWarrior 4: Vengeance has the player taking on an enemy in an assault mech (best armour and most weapons, for those not in the know) in a damaged mech of the player's own as a 1v1 fight. Everyone I know who has played that game expresses intense frustration about this fight; no-one has happy memories of it.
Yet I took that boss in my first try. Very comfortably, even.

Azure23

Nov 5, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
scorptatious said:
Hmm. Only example I can think of would be Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls.

I was able to beat them within two tries on my first playthrough. I think I was using a crystal halberd so Smough went down relatively fast.
As a straight mage build with the Dark Wood Grain Ring, I solo-ed the crap out of them. But then a Boss like the Capra Demon totally destroyed me over and over.
This was essentially my experience in my mage playthrough of darksouls. I played a semi tanky mage with an eagle shield and great magic shield, so many bosses were easily handled by lobbing soul spears while their attackes whiffed through the air. Capra is the one of the only bosses that really poses much challenge to casters, mostly due to his being so early in the game plus the tiny arena and dogs.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
DeadRise17 said:
I was told that General RAAM was a ***** to beat. But I beat him easily with a torque bow. And this is Insanity.
General RAM is hard because the game doesn't show you a Bosses healthbar, so unless you have seen a replay and know the correct strategies you have no clue if what you are doing is having any effect.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Uhh...boost and spider ball guardians from Metroid Prime 2. Got them both in one. Not sure what else I've had ease with that is commonly considered hard.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
The Wykydtron said:
Recently the final boss in XCOM: Enemy Unknown, while having the potential to be hard because he summons the really high level aliens as well has have some really good mind powers and high HP himself, I had a fully upgraded sniper an entire room away taking very high hit chance shots with the best sniper rifle in the game. The others barely had to meatshield for him. Squadsight is overpowered as fuck.

I had it even easier than that. I had an assault wearing Ghost Armor cloak and run in to give vision. Using squad sight, the ability that gives higher crit chance, and being able to shoot multiple times, I killed him on my first turn. The enemy didn't even get to move. The entire last level felt anti-climatic.

omegaweopon

Aug 25, 2009
Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts (The original). After I had beat the game the first time, I decided to do a proud mode run, and see at just how low a level I could be and beat him. The answer? Level 59. Only thing that stopped me from killing him sooner is the necessity of Second Wind. Otherwise, I could kill him as soon as I get Super Glide. Strike Raid is all sorts of overpowered when dealing with him, as if it is timed perfectly you can stay invincible through his entire attack chains. Dodging while waiting for the ability to cast it again becomes second nature. Eventually he fell with me barely taking any hits at all. I gained 4 levels from that one fight, putting me at 63 when I was done. Strategy guide recommends 75 on normal, and a whomping 90 on proud. But I made Sephiroth look like the whiny little ***** he is.

King Billi

Jul 11, 2012
I'd say most of the Colossi in Shadow of the Colossus.

Not that I'm aware that many of them are actually considered "difficult" bosses but more just that you'd expect them to be harder than they are when you look at them, and when I first saw someone else playing the game I remember thinking it looked pretty tricky.