Supposedly Difficult Bosses That You Found to be Easy?

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
I just finished Persona 3 FES (I absolutely loved it, by the way), and I found Nyx to be a rather easy boss. I'd read so many posts on forums from people saying that the boss was "impossible", and that Moonless Shroud was the most unfair ability ever, but it didn't really prove to be a problem for me.

I was at level 75, and my party members were Mitsuru, Yukari, and Koromaru. The two Personas I actively used were Thor (with maxed strength) and Horus. I had my character using Mjolnir which, when Thor was equipped, dealt around 450 damage with each hit, until Nyx's final form when its defense was increased. When that form came around, I just switched to Horus, with Mediarahan (completely heals entire party) and Amrita (heals entire party's status ailments), and set my party to full assault. Yeah, Moonless Shroud was annoying, but I just set my party members to heal/support whenever Nyx put it up, and it was no problem keeping our health topped off. Granted, I did have eight Somas (item that heals entire party's HP and SP) and a bunch of resurrection items, but I didn't even have to use all of them.

I can see how the fight would be difficult for someone who was under-leveled, but you had a lot of time to level up and stock up on healing items before it was time for the fight, and you were given the exact date the fight would take place on. While I loved the game, and the ending, the final boss fight was a battle of attrition for me, and nothing more

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Wow, that's practically my post right there already OP. Nyx was so easy... Except I had 10 or 11 Somas and I only used 3 max. Even that was because I kept forgetting to put my party on idle because Moonlight Shroud is a counter move he likes to use every other turn.

All the guys online going "so hard, omg 13 forms" made me go so powerleveling, item hoarding crazy. Yeah, there are 13 forms, too bad they're all shit.

I used... umm, what's the name of the ultimate Justice Arcana Persona? He looks like a giant Power Ranger *looks it up* Melchizedek. That's the one. Fitting since Chihiro was my favourite Social Link in Persona 3.

But really, how embarrassing must it be to lose to something that looks like THIS?

Recently the final boss in XCOM: Enemy Unknown, while having the potential to be hard because he summons the really high level aliens as well has have some really good mind powers and high HP himself, I had a fully upgraded sniper an entire room away taking very high hit chance shots with the best sniper rifle in the game. The others barely had to meatshield for him. Squadsight is overpowered as fuck.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
I beat Dark Link from Ocarina of Time pretty easily. It may be easier on the 3DS version that I played, or it may be that I used the Giant's Knife, which is supposedly his achilles heel. Or maybe I just got lucky. But it was easy anyway.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
On ToR, the Inquisitor is known for having difficult boss fights for their story that people accidentally spoil over general chat.

Zash, easy
Force eating bug? one shot
Nar Shadaa cult leader? Well sort of cheesed that, but no biggy.
Thanaton, pfft wasn't even his final form
Thanaton's final form: somehow easier

The only thing that gave me trouble was the Imperial Voss storyline boss. Oh and act 3 for the Inquisitor is weird as hell.

Gergar12_v1legacy

Aug 17, 2012
RatherDull said:
Airman.

Everyone says Airman is super difficult but I found airman one of the easiest bosses in Mega Man 2.
Because of the leafy shield, and metal blisters or something like that?

Every boss in fallout nv.......even the giant robo scorpion, and the legate even if you put all points into melee, and unarmed, as long as dont act stupid with your stats.....it's all good even legendary deathclaw.

Dragon dogma dragon........a gorechirma, and every one of the Bitterblack new bosses are harder to fight, even ogres are harder to fight in groups. It's one weak point is so easy to shoot, it mean as well have a sigh pointing shoot me in this one spot to kill me. Must of the other arisens must of have been trying to fail, it's so easy I did it with a pretty crap sword.

Every boss in fallout 3, the vats makes it too easy.

Ace of combat 6: Such an easy game, no body can even touch you as long as you break hard every missile, and get easily ground kills than press down on the d-pad to kill everything that is trying to kill you.

Screw it most bosses are easy to fight these days, besides dark souls 2, but its not the Nintendo hard days of back then.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Hmm. Only example I can think of would be Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls.

I was able to beat them within two tries on my first playthrough. I think I was using a crystal halberd so Smough went down relatively fast.

Yarkaz

Aug 22, 2009
Whitney's Miltank in Pokemon Gold and Silver for me. I don't even remember what II did to beat it, I just recall taking it out in a couple hits and not caring.

Feb 15, 2010
Iron Mike Tyson. It took me one of those knock out swings to learn how to dodge that shit. Beat him within like 3 trys, which is pretty good considering.

LFC Scouser

The Fifteenth Arcana
Jun 7, 2010
I don't know how hard Chidori is supposed to be in P3 FES but I one-shoted her using Thantos.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Yarkaz said:
Whitney's Miltank in Pokemon Gold and Silver for me. I don't even remember what II did to beat it, I just recall taking it out in a couple hits and not caring.
Damn, I was just about to post about Whitney and her miltank. I never had any problems beating her.

I've also read about people having huge problems with the second boss fight against the female cyborg in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I took her out so easily, although I'm not certain it counts as a boss fight.

Another one is the Sephiroth boss in KH2. If you grind like crazy to the max level 99 and level up all your drive forms, he's actually incredibly easy.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Nephilim or Nebilim or what's her name in Tales of the Abyss.
I was so anxious to fight her, knowing for sure it was going to be the toughest thing I've fought yet. Even had my brother take control of second player to help.

We obliterated her.
No fucking contest, she never had a chance.
And I could have done the same without him.

Black Dream

Jul 27, 2013
Final Fantasy XIII-2.
When I saw that the final boss was not one, not two but THREE Bahamuts, I just about shit my pants.
Then somehow it turned out to be ridiculously easy and I ended up 5-starring it first try.
Talk about underwhelming...

FightingFork

Jul 1, 2011
Yunalesca from FFX.

On the forums I frequented at the time, I saw numerous complaints from people about the difficulty of this fight. So, naturally, before the fight I went and powered up my Aeon's and character's overdrives...and completely destroyed her.

Her first form is weak enough that it isn't really worth mentioning. Character overdrives and Holy took care of her second form, and in the third form my Aeon's overdrives took away enough of her HP that the fight was essentially over. I'm not sure, but I don't think I had to revive a single party member. She inflicted that status ailment that has a name which is currently eluding me -- it makes healing items damage you -- but I either cured the character or switched them out without problem.

I felt a little let down after that fight.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yarkaz said:
That battle is only hard if her Miltank manages to build up it's Rollout attack. If you can take it out before that then it's a breeze.

Yarkaz

Aug 22, 2009
Voulan said:
Yarkaz said:
Damn, I was just about to post about Whitney and her miltank. I never had any problems beating her.

I've also read about people having huge problems with the second boss fight against the female cyborg in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I took her out so easily, although I'm not certain it counts as a boss fight.

Another one is the Sephiroth boss in KH2. If you grind like crazy to the max level 99 and level up all your drive forms, he's actually incredibly easy.
REPLYING TO YOUR REPLY OF ME.

Yeah, as another guy said, you just have to kill it fast. It's pathetic unless you actually let rollout build up.

I had a huge problem with that girl. May have just been the way I built my Jensen though.

As for Sephy in KH2, I had a hard time with him in the beginning, but I spent so much time studying him and learning his moves that eventually I could, after a long and difficult process on dodging every move perfectly (I actually got hit a few times, but I had that ability that keeps you from dying in one hit AND a crapton of elixirs) and taking every opportunity I could to attack, beat him at around level 40 on proud mode. Maybe my best gaming achievement ever.

Broderick

May 25, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
In Dark Souls, the hardest boss is Manus. He's from the DLC as the final boss.

Let me tell you- he's REALLY hard if you're not prepared. Not only that, you're screwed if you're soloing him on NG+ unprepared. I remember dying to him 34x before beating him by a notch of health left. The only reason I found him to be easy without even losing a quarter of my health next time was because of a few things...

• 1) I was able to summon Sif to help me. When you rescue him, he actually aids you (hard to find his summon sign during the fight though.)

2) Having the silver pendant repels all of his dark magic so he's basically wasting his time.

3) The character I used was a tank / faith build with a strong shield, so I was able to block 100% of physical attacks.

4) Sunlight blade. It wrecks Manus especially if the Sunlight blade is enchanted on a 15+ Murakumo.

With all of these, he was pretty easy. Don't get me wrong though, without Sif, my build or having a good spell- he's really tough. Heaven forbid if you're a guy with less then 800 HP he'll kill you in a heartbeat unless otherwise.
Interesting, I had some trouble on him too, but I found that summoning sif was generally not worth it for me. Sif was damn near useless on the fight, as he isn't very aggressive at all. The best thing sif brought for me was a distraction so I could heal for a bit.

To add to the discussion, I would say 4 Kings. I had little to no trouble on 4 Kings, maybe dying 2-4 times before beating them. After all of the talk of them being hard, it was quite disappointing; I was in a medium armor build too, so it is not like I was tanking blows or anything.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
FightingFork said:
Yunalesca from FFX.

On the forums I frequented at the time, I saw numerous complaints from people about the difficulty of this fight. So, naturally, before the fight I went and powered up my Aeon's and character's overdrives...and completely destroyed her.

Her first form is weak enough that it isn't really worth mentioning. Character overdrives and Holy took care of her second form, and in the third form my Aeon's overdrives took away enough of her HP that the fight was essentially over. I'm not sure, but I don't think I had to revive a single party member. She inflicted that status ailment that has a name which is currently eluding me -- it makes healing items damage you -- but I either cured the character or switched them out without problem.

I felt a little let down after that fight.
She is only difficult if A: you didn't protect yourself from death, B: work against her constant zombie spells, wasting precious turns, or C: simply get swamped by her megadeath spell.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Broderick said:
Caramel Frappe said:
In Dark Souls, the hardest boss is Manus. He's from the DLC as the final boss.

Let me tell you- he's REALLY hard if you're not prepared. Not only that, you're screwed if you're soloing him on NG+ unprepared. I remember dying to him 34x before beating him by a notch of health left. The only reason I found him to be easy without even losing a quarter of my health next time was because of a few things...

• 1) I was able to summon Sif to help me. When you rescue him, he actually aids you (hard to find his summon sign during the fight though.)

2) Having the silver pendant repels all of his dark magic so he's basically wasting his time.

3) The character I used was a tank / faith build with a strong shield, so I was able to block 100% of physical attacks.

4) Sunlight blade. It wrecks Manus especially if the Sunlight blade is enchanted on a 15+ Murakumo.

With all of these, he was pretty easy. Don't get me wrong though, without Sif, my build or having a good spell- he's really tough. Heaven forbid if you're a guy with less then 800 HP he'll kill you in a heartbeat unless otherwise.
Interesting, I had some trouble on him too, but I found that summoning sif was generally not worth it for me. Sif was damn near useless on the fight, as he isn't very aggressive at all. The best thing sif brought for me was a distraction so I could heal for a bit.

To add to the discussion, I would say 4 Kings. I had little to no trouble on 4 Kings, maybe dying 2-4 times before beating them. After all of the talk of them being hard, it was quite disappointing; I was in a medium armor build too, so it is not like I was tanking blows or anything.
Not so much that they are hard on a normal run, but on NG+ and beyond they gain enough attack power to keep you at bay with their long range attacks, and enough health where the next king would appear before you've beaten the first. Without help or the right build, it quickly turns into a war of attrition.