Survey: Kids Hate Earth But Love Videogames

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Actually this is pretty universal in all polls that have a what do you think is most important the environment is always dead last.

robakerson

Feb 19, 2010
Cliff_m85 said:
Would you rather...

A) Play a fun video game

OR

B) Pick up trash on the side of the road.

Shockingly, most kids chose A. Those who chose B are currently on medication.

This.

Simply the wording "what's most important to them" makes me think that this is exactly what was put in the minds of the children.

"What would you rather do little Timmy, play Super Mario Galaxy 2 or help daddy separate the recycling from the trash?"

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Oh my god...

NINTENDO IS TRYING TO DESTROY THE WORLD!!!

Run for the hills, people! Run for the hills!

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Though I do believe in the whole "Global Warming" situation, and I believe that humans are destroying the Earth, it shouldn't be the kids problem!
Instead of figuring out if kids like shooting things more than helping the environment (did they really believe they would want to help the environment more?) why don't they actually do something for the environment or raise awareness. Surveying children sounds like a waste of time.

You might say:
"If the kids aren't really aware, then who's going to get the Earth out of the hole that's been dug for it?" well to that I say
"You, Mr. Thirty-Fourty-something-year-old-Greenie, did YOUR parents ever tell you (In the 60's/70's/80's) that Global warming was going to screw you over? I think not."

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
Would you rather...

A) Play a fun video game

OR

or people that are doing "B" are doing community service for doing something stupid. But chances are as they are picking up trash they are thinking about playing video games.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well they did ask kids...god knows they ain't all that interested in anything like that yet..

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
What has Earth done for you? Other then let you live and play games itself it hasn't done much...

Cliff_m85 said:
Would you rather...

A) Play a fun video game

OR

If you press (I typed press, too much games lol?) choose B you're either lying or raised by Greenpeace.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Wow, why would anyone be shocked by this?

It's like saying "Hey Billy, would you rather play with or doing something like ? Choice is yours Billy!"

What a silly survey.

*(Yes, video games are toys)

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Sounds like bollocks to me.

If I was asked, aged 10, what I liked more; Pokémon or the internal combustion engine, guess which I'd pick?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
How about we meet in the middle? Have game starring Captain Planet and Al Gore were the entire game was this.

Press X to fuel enviromentalists egos.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Seriously, if you decide to slack off rather than do work that you personally cannot see the benefit of, then i'd say you were normal. If I go outside and arrange my recyclable stuff like the government says, i see my garbage men just chucking them all together in the blue bin before putting it in the truck. If I pick up garbage its there the next day.

Apr 28, 2008
Maybe instead of asking the kids what they think is more important, how about the people in a position to do something actually do something!

Using the money they used for the survey, they could have possibly made the Earth a smidge better.

And besides, kids don't care about the big issues. I remember on 9/11, almost every kid in my school's first thought was "are we going to get a day off?" Its not because they hate America, its because they're kids and just want to have fun.

So I guess what the results of the news survey is basically:

"Kids like to have fun instead of doing work."

The complete stupidity some people show continuously astounds me.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
There kids, they dont understand shit.

Look at it this way, you offer a kid some candy, or a carrot, what do you think he would pick?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Statistic interpretation fail.

Just because they rank video games and TV as their "favorite" activity doesn't mean they don't care about the earth.

It means they'd rather play video games then attend Green Earth drives and protests.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
my great great grandchildren can worry about earth's decay

oh sorry that was rather ignorant of me

great great great... =)

but in all honesty...no wait that was honestly

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
Wow, so it essentially came down to a choice of 'Would you rather do something immensely challenging or do something fun and entertaining?'

I don't know about you, but I would choose entertainment every time. Bread and Circuses, wasn't it?

chieften

Sep 15, 2009
I remember the teacher in elementary school reading a story about a boy who doesnt recycle or take care of the planet. he then has a dream one night where he is transported to the future and he sees mountains of smoke stacks and garbage, fisherman celebrating catching two or three fish after days at sea, and birds that cannot find a safe place to land and rest. he then changes his ways and later after helping a friend plant a pair of trees for earth day, he has a dream about an old man mowing a front yard with two old trees that were planted by the man's grandparents...