Survey: Kids Hate Earth But Love Videogames

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
"save the planet" is a totally stupid phraze

the planet will survive, even if it´s by extincting humantity.
what this BS really means is "save our life-styles".

I am not against eco. Just be true to yourself what you really mean!

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
Would you rather...

A) Play a fun video game

OR

B) Pick up trash on the side of the road.

Shockingly, most kids chose A. Those who chose B are currently on medication.
The public school systems are chock full of ridiculous mandatory problems desperately trying to convince kids that picking up other peoples' trash is more fun than anything else could ever be.

Apparently, they're not working!

Goddamn kids, clean up my lawn!

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
15% didn't even know what an endangered species was
Sorry, what?
That's just... stupid.
Unless they were the really young children, then it's pretty forgivable. This type of stuff should be specified.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
They don't really 'hate' it, they just can't be bothered to do anything about it - neither can I, to be honest, because the sooner the Earth gets screwed the sooner we can go to space!
I like your thinking, sir!

OT: I don't like Earth either.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Hearing about golbal warming and the reliance on fossil fuels scared me shitless as a child.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Next on "Airbus Bio-Index": Kids seem to be more interested in chatting with their friends than in the political situation in their country.
Gee whiz, this is all so shocking.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
lee1287 said:
What's the earth done for me? Video games have taught me lots.
Yeah! stupid survey.

OT: i dont feel a strong connection to the enviroment, but i cant stand to watch animals die so i save them whenever i can.

Aug 17, 2009
To be honest, no matter how much plebeians do, it will never be as much as what the Governments of the world can do. Instead of living like hippies and never using any resource ever, people should let their governments know that they want more
environment-friendly policies. And they shouldn't do it with partisan politics. A Conservative can do just as much for the environment as a Green, just tell them that it's what you want.

KP Shadow

Jul 7, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
lee1287 said:
What's the earth done for me? Video games have taught me lots.
Yeah! stupid survey.

OT: i dont feel a strong connection to the enviroment, but i cant stand to watch animals die so i save them whenever i can.
I sort of agree with that last part. Just insert "slowly and painfully" after die, and replace "save them whenever I can" with "put them out of their misery if I do".

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Well, this is depressing. Video games are fun, no one can argue with that, but even if the kids are young, they have to grow up eventually, and when they do...well, let's just hope they'll be more inclined to try and do what they can to stop global warming.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Humans are already fucked, we're greedy, stupid and we never learn from our mistakes. It's only natural this would be the result. Granted they are kids but if you don't care about the environment or even know what an extinct animal is by the time you're 18 we have no hope. I truly believe we're going to destroy this planet and if we find another planet someday we'll destroy that one too. Just like parasites.

Keesor

Aug 10, 2009
OH COME ON!!

This is not even a real contest. First of all, kids jobs are to grow up and learn. Yes saving the environment is an important issue but kid shouldn't be burden with this task until they can at least vote. Secondly the environment doesn't need kids to save it, that responsibility should fall squarely on their parents shoulders. As teachers parents should inspire there children to be inquisitive about the world around them and follow a moral doctrine as dictated by their own parents. If anything a child's mind isn't ready to tackle the complex task as saving the environment. It's more adept to saving princess Zelda or Peach. if anything video games is a excellent stepping stone into larger issue and empowers children to think along the line of "Yes I do have an impact.", & "Yes I can change the world."

This is the part of the story where I fall off the soapbox. Thud!