Swearing and you

Nex-Falx

Dec 24, 2009
Why do people swear constantly? It's like people are trying to reach a record sometimes...

I'm 19 and I've never sworn (depending on what you consider a "swear", I guess).

I've never / don't feel the need for it. I don't have a problem with it. I just don't partake myself...

So, wtf people, what's up with all the swearing?!(People keep thinking they're tagging me for this, so let's address it right here... WTF is said in a moment of mock ignorant irony there. Let the discussion continue!)

(How much do you swear, and why do you swear period?)

Edit: A new thought! When and why did you start swearing? Was it was when you were a kid, because it seemed cool and edgy, or when you were semi-adult, because why not?

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
It's not big, It's not clever but on occasion is fucking funny....

OT: swearing can be used to emphasise a point or just for laughs

ScarlettRage

May 13, 2009
i swear alot.. not very lady-like but i don't care anyway
at least im not like my dad, every other word is fuck, fucking, etc.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
I always swear.

And I dunno why, it's just my nature
Quite this.

Though I have tourettes, so I sometimes let one slip.

Which is a bad habit, I know, but it's more in the nature that whenever I cannot think of something to say... Shit... I just lost it.

Toycat

Nov 9, 2009
To express anger, to add meaning to a sentence.
Though i admit 90% of the swearing do adds no value or point to what i say.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
As a student of English, I was very surprised when one of my lecturers turned roiund and said we should all swear more. I f we all swear, then not only are we suitably "emphasising our mother fucking point, but we all kill the bastarding taboo".

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
I swear a lot. I don't understand when people get stressed about it, but I can understand when people choose not to.
I suppose it's just something I do.

Aug 25, 2009
I swear when things really kick of, but I don't swear in truly tense situations oddly enough, I feel like things are more serious then.

Generally I don't like swearing, and I don't like it when other people swear, and I especially don't like it when I'm reading a story filled with swearwords (my creative writing group is tomorrow, so I'm a little bitter about their mssive overload on swearing)

I just honestly don't think swearing adds that much to a conversation or situation.

sean.A7x

Dec 16, 2009
I always fucking swear, it dosn't bother me at all :p

the only people it bothers are boring dicks who think their better than everyone else

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Nex-Falx said:
I've never / don't feel the need for it. I don't have a problem with it. I just don't partake myself...
Troll or idiot?
Either way, you suck.

I swear when I feel swearing will get the point across better.