SWTOR: Really EA? Are you seriously surprised?

Paularius

May 25, 2010
Im still subbed in ToR and i really enjoy it.
I thought the leveling and stories were fantastic and didnt feel at all grindy. Infact its the first mmo i'd want to actually play for the leveling, no other mmo can ever say that. Altho it would be nice to have a little bit more free roaming on planets and i cant say much about the pvp as i never liked it in any mmo.
The game does have end content. There are three raids you can do each with a normal mode, hardmode, nightmare mode version for more difficult content and better loot aswell as a hardmode version for half the single group instances making them max level with tiered gear drops.

They've also announced the next content that will be released. Increased level cap, new planet, new playable race, new pvp and space missions possably including the guild capitol ship.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I still think they would have been better off releasing as a buy-to-play game, I knew from the moment I booted up the game in beta (at a friend's house) that it wasn't going to last as a pay-to-play game and if they'd only realised that themselves they could have avoided the negative stigma attached to games that switch from P2P to F2P.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Amphoteric said:
Gitty101 said:
They should've just stuck to making Knights of the Old Republic 3. Or kept the title, but focused on a single-player only game. That would have been much better imo.
Considering what they did with Mass effect 3 i'd rather they didn't completely ruin the KotOR series.
I would prefer to see the creators of KOTOR 2 make a sequel, I personally found the story to be way better and more original than the typical "save the galaxy, beat the villain,get the girl" bioware story.

DaWaffledude said:
On the subscription model, I actually prefer P2P. I find it much easier to just have a solid payment every month and have complete acces to the game than having to pay micro-transactions galore for the full experience.
I agree, which is why I think swtor should follow Guild wars 2's system.
lapan said:
Not to mention the outdated graphics and the bugs the game suffers from
Outdated graphics? You should take a good long look at the top selling MMO out there before you start criticizing SWTOR's graphics, the BEST selling mmo has worse.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Selvec said:
I stopped reading when you couldn't be bothered even doing enough research to find out how many countries its actually available in. Mind that countries are not continents. There are only around 8 continents in the world.

North America
South America
Oceania
Asia
Europe
Middle East
Africa
Antarctica

Counteries KOTOR is avaliable in, from my limited experience on the forums:

Canada
USA
Mexico
England
Scotland
Ireland
France
Hungry
(Etc etc as the it's available in the entire European union)
Australia
New Zealand
Japan
China
Korea
Taiwan
Singapore
Hong Kong (Its an independent city)
Israel
Turkey
And a few southern African countries.

Short of distributing in the oceanic isles, middle east, northern African countries, and Southern American countries, they are pretty much international.

Excuse Bioware/EA for not seeing an urgency to get a copy of TOR to Syria.
Nice, I wasn't talking about KOTOR by the way. I'm talking about an mmo.

I know that was a typo btw. And don't BULLSHIT me with that info. I LIVE in THE CAPITAL of all South African countries and this game is nowhere to be found. Where did this info come from?

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
Anti Nudist Cupcake said:
Outdated graphics? You should take a good long look at the top selling MMO out there before you start criticizing SWTOR's graphics, the BEST selling mmo has worse.
Granted, but it is much older. While it's probably TORs least problem it adds to a longer list of faults.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
lapan said:
Anti Nudist Cupcake said:
Granted, but it is much older. While it's probably TORs least problem it adds to a longer list of faults.
I kind of like the stylized graphics to be honest. They aren't low quality, just not very realistically detailed and gritty. Not everything has to be Crysis.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Sounds like you just had a bad time I play SWTOR and my experience has been stellar. Then again I live in North America. We server transfered our entire guild and now we see 255 people on fleet during downtime. LFG in general chat actually works and there are usually at least 50 people on a planet.

I am having a terrific time doing Raids daily and having fun with friends.

I am truly sorry you've had such a crappy experience.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
I played WoW from Vanilla, and past BC I pretty much only stayed because of friends. WoW became unbearably dull, even with constant raiding.
LFG/LFR meant in the last expansions it's nearly impossible to make new friends out of your guild, phasing means you can't even help your mates on their quests... The whole thing was just dreadful, and when my guild transferred servers I didn't care enough to spend the money to follow. There was absolutely nothing to do after that. PVP? Nah, I didn't have the gear for it. Prefered world PVP, but lord knows no one does that anymore. Couldn't raid without a guild (this was prior to LFR), farming heroics was easy and pointless with high end gear... all factions maxed out... Literally nothing to do but wait for content, so I quit.

Tried SWTOR.... Now, I never, ever cared for Star Wars. The universe never appealed to me, never soaked me in. I never wanted a lightsaber growing up, and I haven't even seen all the movies. So when I say I absolutely loved SWTOR, I mean it.

Bioware and LucasArts did so much right with that game, but a major problem seemed to be that it attracted a lot of people looking for the next KOTOR. It's an MMO you can play very easily like a single player game, so many people did that - reached the end of their class story, thoroughly enjoyed it, but in their minds they had 'beaten' the game. So they moved on.

Hate EA though with a passion, so I'm not even remotely surprised you had that much trouble. (Although you have my sympathies none-the-less). But if I was tired of paying subscription fees for games in general, I'd still probably be playing SWTOR.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Pity they didn't make Star Wars Galaxes MK2 aka done right, people would likely of been all over it if they kept the sandbox stuff (crafting , in depth space mini game decorating and all the other shit you could do) but on a new stable engine without masses of coding issues caused by 3 major re-writes.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Zack Alklazaris said:
Sounds like you just had a bad time I play SWTOR and my experience has been stellar. Then again I live in North America. We server transfered our entire guild and now we see 255 people on fleet during downtime. LFG in general chat actually works and there are usually at least 50 people on a planet.

I am having a terrific time doing Raids daily and having fun with friends.

I am truly sorry you've had such a crappy experience.
I quite liked the game, myself. Played the hell out of it since launch and had a blast with some friends. But eventually I just didn't agree with paying more money to keep playing my game. Money isn't something I can throw around, so even if I like a game, it's kind of insulting after a while.