Syndicate Gameplay Trailer Turns Up the Heat

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
I haven't played the original Syndicate, so I can't compare it with that. But this, honestly, looks like an absolute average FPS set in the near future. If the gameplay looks intense, it's probably because it's a mixture of pre-rendered graphics and edited gameplay footage. Not convinced at all.

TheDeadGuy

Nov 16, 2009
Giest4life said:
I haven't played the original Syndicate, so I can't compare it with that. But this, honestly, looks like an absolute average FPS set in the near future. If the gameplay looks intense, it's probably because it's a mixture of pre-rendered graphics and edited gameplay footage. Not convinced at all.
I HAVE played the original Syndicate, and Syndicate Plus and Syndicate Wars. I grew up with them and have a lot of fond memories of watching my older brother play through the missions and me desperately trying to copy him when he got off the PC. Later on, I would have to goad him into getting on the playstation and do some co-op Syndicate Wars. Good memories of a great game.

But this, honestly, looks like an absolute average FPS set in the near future. I couldn't have said it better myself. There is nothing remotely interesting about the trailer at all and this will not be a game that I will ever be nostalgic over.

I think you called it well.

Also. Bonus points on whoever knows what 'cooper team' and 'to the top' did in Syndicate. Yeah. I liked the game that much that I still remember the old cheats from 15 years ago.

Adultratedhydra

Aug 19, 2010
Personally ill be dissapointed when the protagonist pulls the "WUT HAS I DONE!?" angle, Turns on eurocorp and suddenly it becomes some half assed moral ending about evil corporations. And we know it will happen because you cant play an evil person in a game outside a slightly light hearted fantasy setting now days.

ScorpioT

Jul 22, 2011
Well that looks and sounds good. Love how the main character nonchalantly shoots two guards and then waves his hand.

Adultratedhydra said:
Personally ill be dissapointed when the protagonist pulls the "WUT HAS I DONE!?" angle, Turns on eurocorp and suddenly it becomes some half assed moral ending about evil corporations. And we know it will happen because you cant play an evil person in a game outside a slightly light hearted fantasy setting now days.
I think it will be more along the lines of - "How dare these corporations to f*ck ME over, I'll have their heads for this!"

Adultratedhydra

Aug 19, 2010
ScorpioT said:
Well that looks and sounds good. Love how the main character nonchalantly shoots two guards and then waves his hand.

Adultratedhydra said:
I think it will be more along the lines of - "How dare these corporations to f*ck ME over, I'll have their heads for this!"
sort of depends when in the chronology this takes place. If its some sort of prequel setup then i hope it ends with the protagonist getting his head summarily evacuated from his neck and someone saying. "Maybe we should start pumping them full of brain washing material and hard drugs and send them out in groups of 4 from now on."

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Fucking dubstep.
Otherwise it looks okay.
Fucking Dubstep! How does it work?!

OT: I think it looks great. It looks a little like Human Revolution, but that's no bad thing. Not at all.

Jonathan Bradford

May 9, 2011
Color me intrigued, the initial "it's a Deus Ex wanna be" tags have all been swept aside, or at least they should be.

Edit: Interesting to see the "Skrillex isn't dubstep" debate on a non-music forum as well.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
IamQ said:
hazabaza1 said:
Fucking dubstep.
Otherwise it looks okay.
Fucking Dubstep! How does it work?!
WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

That's just about how. I may have missed the occasional wub.

Feb 13, 2008
This isn't Syndicate though.

Bladerunner? sure. Max Headroom? sure. Neuromancer? Sure.

But it isn't Syndicate.

I'll admit to being slightly more positive towards it, but I'm still unhappy about the name use.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
MurderousToaster said:
I believe, with all this dubstep, initialising surgical wubroutines is more appropriate.
Bada-wub-pisch.

Well this looks interesting, with the non-brown-and-gray colour setting, and some anormal weapons, combined with gameplay features that looks cool, I'm waiting for more awesome.