Taco Bell: Cool Ranch Doritos Tacos are Coming

revjay

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Nov 19, 2007
So now not only can you get a mediocre taco but soon we'll serve it in a shit flavored shell? Wow! BTW, does anyone know which system the new taco will be for? If it's a PS3 exclusive like the McRib was I'm going to be pissed.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Oh my gods...

Taco Bell, MAKE LOVE TO ME!

I WANT THAT RANCH IN ME!

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
MikeWehner said:
I'm sorry, but this is by far most delicious thing I've read online today, so I felt the need to relay that news on to you, my treasured readers.

Listen, here's the thing: Of course we write about game news. That's the bread and butter of the news section, for very obvious reasons. But we also like to offer offbeat, odd, funny, and TASTY news tidbits that don't necessarily involve gaming. Like the sharks making a mall breakout, and the cannon found in central park loaded and ready to fire.

These are the types of stories we like to read ourselves, so every once in a while we relay them to you folks. You can always count on us for gaming news, and if that's all you're here for, you're going to be just fine since that's pretty much 95% of what we cover. But in the event that a wild animal with sharp teeth makes a scene in a public place, a loaded antique weapon is found in a major city, or everyone's favorite 2AM restaurant adds COOL RANCH TACO SHELLS, there's a good chance we're going to let you know about that, too.

<3

I have a question, Mike Wehner, if that is indeed your real name. How can you sleep at night when your pillow is so obviously stuffed to overflowing with delicious, morally-bankrupt, cornmeal-based kickbacks?

What I'm trying to ask is, when you lick your fingers.. DOES IT NOT TASTE LIKE YOUR SINS AGAINST GAMEZ JOURNALLIZM?

:p

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
Some day i hope to see a taco bell here in ireland, highly doubt it but i would love it. Been 12 years since i had a taco bell. (Twas the last time i visited the states).

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
MikeWehner said:
I'm sorry, but this is by far most delicious thing I've read online today, so I felt the need to relay that news on to you, my treasured readers.

Listen, here's the thing: Of course we write about game news. That's the bread and butter of the news section, for very obvious reasons. But we also like to offer offbeat, odd, funny, and TASTY news tidbits that don't necessarily involve gaming. Like the sharks making a mall breakout, and the cannon found in central park loaded and ready to fire.

These are the types of stories we like to read ourselves, so every once in a while we relay them to you folks. You can always count on us for gaming news, and if that's all you're here for, you're going to be just fine since that's pretty much 95% of what we cover. But in the event that a wild animal with sharp teeth makes a scene in a public place, a loaded antique weapon is found in a major city, or everyone's favorite 2AM restaurant adds COOL RANCH TACO SHELLS, there's a good chance we're going to let you know about that, too.

<3
Hell no we aren't entertained, if your going to do an ad for a product like this at least make it funny or be sarcastic about it, this just reeks of someone being paid to advertise a food product disguised poorly as news. It doesn't even have any kind of gaming hook.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
A Smooth Criminal said:
Worgen said:
Hell no we aren't entertained, if your going to do an ad for a product like this at least make it funny or be sarcastic about it, this just reeks of someone being paid to advertise a product.
What are you talking about? This website posts none gaming related news articles all the time. Google+ being popular, NASA doing something in space, tractor beams, Bionic limbs, Iran sending monkeys to space, more space stuff, gaymer stuff, movie stuff, invisibility cloaks. Need I list more? If you're going to throw a hissy fit over one fun article because it's not gaming related, then you might as well throw a hissy fit over every article that's not gaming related.

So get moving, you've got a lot of work to do.
Ahh, but the difference there is that those are actually news stories, or at least something that has to do with the nerd demographic. This has about as much to do with the nerd demographic as it does the weightlifter demo... then again I might be giving the nerd demographic too much credit for the amount of work they put into keeping themselves healthy. Assuming the stereotype is true about most of them.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
The problem I had with the Doritos shell was that if it had any sour cream in it at all, I couldn't taste the actual Doritos flavor.

And geeze, the reaction this site gets for quirk stories and not doing GAMING NEWS 24/7 ALWAYS! One news post and already there are serious allegations about being paid off. I thought this was a site about all around geekery (though taco bell may be pushing it), not just games.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
A Smooth Criminal said:
Worgen said:
A Smooth Criminal said:
Worgen said:
Hell no we aren't entertained, if your going to do an ad for a product like this at least make it funny or be sarcastic about it, this just reeks of someone being paid to advertise a product.
What are you talking about? This website posts none gaming related news articles all the time. Google+ being popular, NASA doing something in space, tractor beams, Bionic limbs, Iran sending monkeys to space, more space stuff, gaymer stuff, movie stuff, invisibility cloaks. Need I list more? If you're going to throw a hissy fit over one fun article because it's not gaming related, then you might as well throw a hissy fit over every article that's not gaming related.

So get moving, you've got a lot of work to do.
Ahh, but the difference there is that those are actually news stories, or at least something that has to do with the nerd demographic. This has about as much to do with the nerd demographic as it does the weightlifter demo... then again I might be giving the nerd demographic too much credit for the amount of work they put into keeping themselves healthy. Assuming the stereotype is true about most of them.
Considering how popular the dorito tacos were among the nerd demographic when they were first released, this is as relevant to the nerd demographic as any of the things I listed.

It's not relevant to you. There's a rather large difference.
Your kidding, those stupid things are popular? Ugh, might as well start putting up on this site when the mc rib shows up at mc donalds, they could put a fucken counter for it.

zerragonoss

Oct 15, 2009
MikeWehner said:

<3
Actually yes quite entertained, mostly by the randomness and the responses more than the actual info though the cool ranch taco does sound quite good.
Also for those without tacobell I would not worry to much they are tasty but they also use lower quality meat than dog food.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Ok, wait wait wait wait...how many of you people eat tacos with hard shells? I only ever get soft tacos, from Taco Bell or otherwise. I never get hard shells, not ever. Too messy!

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Susan Arendt said:
Ok, wait wait wait wait...how many of you people eat tacos with hard shells? I only ever get soft tacos, from Taco Bell or otherwise. I never get hard shells, not ever. Too messy!

But sometimes, usually late at night, my stomach convinces me so is Taco Bell and then punishes me for it.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Exactly the reason I never eat hard shell. They always break and scatter the deliciousness all over the table unlike the soft wraps. At least the doritos tacos don't last long enough to make a mess.