Taco Bell: Cool Ranch Doritos Tacos are Coming

cwmdulais

Jan 18, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
MikeWehner said:

But this is mainly because I'm British and therefore cannot sample this apparently tasty combination. I can't comment on Taco Bell's quality, because there are only 3 in the UK and none of them are near me.

However, I like Tacos and I like Cool Original Doritos. So you've successfully made me hungry.
WAIT
there are 3 in the UK? WHERE ARE THESE BASTIONS OF DELICIOUSNESS IN THIS WASTELAND OF AWFUL GRAVY COVERED EVERYTHING?

(for ref i live in south wales but i dont care how far i must travel)

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
cwmdulais said:
Two of them are in Essex and another is in Manchester.

Just search Taco Bell UK and you should find their website and it tells exactly where in those places.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I don't have taco bell within a 10 mile radius where I live, and even if I did, I've seen my friend get it in the US. Looks.... very unappetizing.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Slycne said:

But sometimes, usually late at night, my stomach convinces me so is Taco Bell and then punishes me for it.
Yesssss. That is a true taco. I live on the border to mexico so that's pretty much common lunch food around here. So bad but so good.

I will admit though I am the same... sometimes i'll go for some taco bell real late at night.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
how is this news and not advertisement. this "article" is shameful,. not to mention what is currently being discussed in regards to stereotypes, the basement dwelling fat kid that is munching away on doritos and drinking mountain dew between loading screens

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
You people are cynical as all hell, I swear to fucking god. Just shut up and eat your damn tacos. Kthx.

Cool Ranch Doritos. My favorite flavor of Doritos. Coming in taco form.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
A Smooth Criminal said:
Worgen said:
Hell no we aren't entertained, if your going to do an ad for a product like this at least make it funny or be sarcastic about it, this just reeks of someone being paid to advertise a product.
What are you talking about? This website posts none gaming related news articles all the time. Google+ being popular, NASA doing something in space, tractor beams, Bionic limbs, Iran sending monkeys to space, more space stuff, gaymer stuff, movie stuff, invisibility cloaks. Need I list more? If you're going to throw a hissy fit over one fun article because it's not gaming related, then you might as well throw a hissy fit over every article that's not gaming related.

So get moving, you've got a lot of work to do.
surely you can spot the difference between this "article" and a story about a new technology or an update on an ongoing conflict or changing consumer trends. ask yourself this, what is the sole purpose of this article? to inform you of a new product available at a fast food joint, which is meant to get your gamer butt down there to eat taco bells new menu deal.

the stories about new tech being developed are not trying to sell you anything, the stories about a foreign countries exploits or a company's misconduct, are not trying to sell you anything either, or a story about changing demographics and relations within the community and ect. all those articles are trying to not only inform you, but also to incite debate and/or get you to formulate an opinion, not getting you to buy something.

is this an investigative report on revolutionary new taco tech or a report on the possible side effects if any, or anything at all that can get you to take a stance? no it is just shameless advertisement masquerading "article". it doesn't get you thinking or inform you of anything, other than that if you have not been to taco bell for a while, you should go there now because of a new flavour they are launching.

tell me how the same information could not be conveyed with a banner ad. don't just blindly accept things, be critical. i might even have forgiven it if the ad was something humorous, then it could at least be excused as entertainment. to reiterate, this is not news and the editor should have stopped this.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
how is this even news worthy for this site?
I know Doritos is part of the stereotypical "gamer diet" but that alone does not make it news worthy or game related. I don't mind non-game related news on this site but it at least should worth writing about.

It also this "article" looks a lot like an advertisement. do plan on making a Mountain Due "article" as well? you might well just do it(in other word in for penny, in for a pound).

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Freezy_Breezy said:
-snip-

Also I had Taco Bell when I was in the US. It was fucking putrid. I've never eaten fast food that disgusting before.
I'm with you (though I'm American). Even pictures of Doritos makes my stomach actually turn, all that sodium for such a bland payoff and then add that to 60% beef mix with cheese and a sprinkle of lettuce to make it mildly presentable and it's just a nightmare for anyone at all conscious about what they eat.

Randomosity

Nov 19, 2009
So.... Why is this even worth complaining about? this is not the first time a news source of any kind has reported on something not particularly note worthy. It is not like the existence of this negatively impacts any of you in any real way. That is unless Taco Bell murdered your family in cold blood so you then use the wealth garnered from your parents company that you inherited in order to fight the fast food industry at night as the costumed hero known as Fatman. Obviously you would be named after your fear of fat and wish for others to experience said fear.

(Yes I know I am not funny or original... Please have mercy on my soul.)

Though in regards to the taco, I might try it, who knows.

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
This comment thread has opened my eyes. Not so much because I didn't anticipate being accused of wearing a taco-flavored money hat (I could see that coming from a mile away) but more due to the fact that so many people DON'T like cool ranch. WTF? In junior high school, single-serving bags of those bastards were like gold if you were trading at the lunch table. I could get 4 Nutty Bars, 2 slices of leftover pizza, and a half a can of Pringles for just ONE bag of cool ranch chips.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Man so mach hate for the new tacos kind of a downer.

OT: Im thankful for the news Mike ty

A question for people who hate this story if Mike didnt have the gold in his name would people be up in arms as much about this story?

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
O maestre said:
A Smooth Criminal said:
Worgen said:
Hell no we aren't entertained, if your going to do an ad for a product like this at least make it funny or be sarcastic about it, this just reeks of someone being paid to advertise a product.
What are you talking about? This website posts none gaming related news articles all the time. Google+ being popular, NASA doing something in space, tractor beams, Bionic limbs, Iran sending monkeys to space, more space stuff, gaymer stuff, movie stuff, invisibility cloaks. Need I list more? If you're going to throw a hissy fit over one fun article because it's not gaming related, then you might as well throw a hissy fit over every article that's not gaming related.

s

the stories about new tech being developed are not trying to sell you anything
Yeah they kinda are because they are trying to create buzz for the new tech depending on what it is of course if it the new i phone being developed for example it def trying to create buzz so people will be in line at 12am spending 800 a pop for the new tech pron.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
Darks63 said:
O maestre said:
A Smooth Criminal said:
Worgen said:

s

the stories about new tech being developed are not trying to sell you anything
Yeah they kinda are because they are trying to create buzz for the new tech depending on what it is of course if it the new i phone being developed for example it def trying to create buzz so people will be in line at 12am spending 800 a pop for the new tech pron.
i was thinking more in line with scientists discovering some kind of new tech, like the recent laser manipulation article. other than that if the hypothetical iphone had some new feature that was radically different and technologically innovative then it would be more relevant as news than this. that hypothetical article could would have gone into depth on how this new tech worked. seriously you are going to have to look hard for other articles on this site that could just as well have been banner ads.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
MikeWehner said:
This comment thread has opened my eyes. Not so much because I didn't anticipate being accused of wearing a taco-flavored money hat (I could see that coming from a mile away) but more due to the fact that so many people DON'T like cool ranch. WTF? In junior high school, single-serving bags of those bastards were like gold if you were trading at the lunch table. I could get 4 Nutty Bars, 2 slices of leftover pizza, and a half a can of Pringles for just ONE bag of cool ranch chips.
its a cultural thing doritos have never been a big thing in scandinavia, in fact i don't think any country in mainland europe has a fixation for that particular snack brand. i can likewise imagine that most non americans have little association with the brand.

and honestly what kind of reaction were you expecting besides accusations of advertisement?

yay? or "can i place an order with you, or do i have to go to taco bell"

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
Darks63 said:
Man so mach hate for the new tacos kind of a downer.

OT: Im thankful for the news Mike ty

A question for people who hate this story if Mike didnt have the gold in his name would people be up in arms as much about this story?
my problem is that a news contributor put this in the news section, if it had been placed in the off topic area as a regular thread i wouldn't have cared at all. that is my problem, that it is being treated as a news story, so i am expressing my dislike in the comments section.

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
O maestre said:
To be honest, I was anticipating pretty much exactly the response it got. Some people had the same reaction to it as I did when I first read it, which was "NOM NOM," while others find no value in it. It's the same as when I post a news story about Angry Birds or a fighting game or something, the people who can't stand it pop in and tell me how much they wish I would have written about something else, while those that find it interesting or appealing react positively. I have no animosity towards you or anyone else, regardless of whether they are accusing me of being paid by Taco Bell for the post (they can barely afford to pay their workers, do you think they're in the pocket of a games blogger?).

I found it interesting and rather humorous that a new flavor is being added -- of course, the curious part of this is that Doritos makes "Taco" flavored chips too, so if we end up with taco flavored tacos, that's really going to be the end of the world.

You can think it's stupid or that it's no better than an advertisement (though I don't know of many banner ads that call out a previous product as being defective), and I'm 100% ok with it. If I wasn't humorous enough, or didn't razz the company hard enough for essentially using another brand to make itself relevant, I failed you in that respect. But you know what? There's always tomorrow ;)

<3