Take the 'For the Emperor!' Quiz!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
25th with some seconds I didn't count. I was really tempted to say Ultra Smurfs, but I sadly reconsidered.

BeastofShadow

Jun 29, 2009
fi6eka said:
"Wich one is the most broken army book to date?"

a)Ultramarines
b)Blood angels
c)Grey Knights
Correct Answear: None of the above. It's a toss up between Dark Eldar and the Space Wolves. (stupid Phil Kelly)

If it was which had the worst fluff then that'd be the top three alright.

Apocalypse0Child

May 21, 2009
130th with 67 seconds...
considering i can't use touchpads to save my life and my internet is currently doing... 6kb/s i'm pretty impressed with that.

Sodoff

Oct 15, 2009
SPAEZ MARIHNS! I love them!

I am already in fanboy mode before this game even comes out.

Sodoff

Oct 15, 2009
Sonicron said:
Yay, finally a quiz where my trivial knowledge is worth a damn. 10/10, ranked 16th.

While you've got the 40k groove going, Escapist, why not create an Astartes personality quiz? You know, one where you get a shiny badge! ^^

This!

hawkeye52

Jul 17, 2009
fi6eka said:
They could have atleast put some harder questions in the quiz like:

a)Ultramarines
b)Blood angels
c)Grey Knights
I go with C. Roflknights. I heard recently there was a tournament in New york where 75% of players fielded gray knights and the other 25% fielded armies to counter grey knights. Needless to say a grey knights army won.

Seriously teleporting dread knights and everyone having a force weapon is just stupid

The Forces of Chaos

Mar 25, 2010
hawkeye52 said:
fi6eka said:

a)Ultramarines
b)Blood angels
c)Grey Knights
I go with C. Roflknights. I heard recently there was a tournament in New york where 75% of players fielded gray knights and the other 25% fielded armies to counter grey knights. Needless to say a grey knights army won.

Seriously teleporting dread knights and everyone having a force weapon is just stupid
I blame Matt Ward for that. Hopefully it will be fixed along with codex chaos in the next edtion.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
From now on, whenever I start losing, im going to fire my codex at my opponent at high velocity.

Sojoez

Nov 24, 2009
I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The "For the Emperor!" Quiz . Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/166-The-For-the-Emperor-Quiz]

No medal? Shame.

viggih7

Mar 31, 2009
fi6eka said:

a)Ultramarines
b)Blood angels
c)Grey Knights

d)Space wolves

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Ach! I am a shame to the empire! I did not get a 100%! God Emperor forgive me!

OT: 80% isn't that bad, Though I would rather have a quiz about the Necrons.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
wow.. somehow I made 100%.. Granted I had to give a couple of educated guesses after some thought, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Surely the Emperor's hand guided me. Blessed be. Blessed be.

lucifer216

Sep 5, 2011
Laughably easy...

How about the following:

1) What colour was Sanguinius' hair during the Horus Heresy?

2) What were "The Butcher's Nails" ?

3) Which group of Space Marines individually have more battle honours than an entire Space Marine Company?

4) Which heavy weapon originally was not man-portable during the Horus Heresy?

5) Which organs do the Imperial Fists lack?

6) Should you successfully pass through the Tunnel of Terror, how will your deed be commemorated?

7) Is it true that Alpharius was killed by Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines?

8) What does the Nostraman for "We are armoured for battle" directly translate into low gothic as?

9) Is Mk V plate more sophisticated than Mark IV?

10) What happened when Leman Russ got drunk, tried to hit Horus and accidentally hit the Emperor instead?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
lucifer216 said:
5) Which organs do the Imperial Fists lack?
7) Is it true that Alpharius was killed by Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines?
8) What does the Nostraman for "We are armoured for battle" directly translate into low gothic as?
9) Is Mk V plate more sophisticated than Mark IV?
6.) Betcher's and Sus-an (though those aren't technically organs, and IIRC, they might have vestigial ones)

7.) Maybe. Or maybe not. This isn't the fault of complusive retconning, though.

8.) (bad) Latin is a placeholder, so its not that. Actually, its usually a placeholder for High Gothic, for Low Gothic (which isn't a single language anyway), you use whatever the reader uses. So "We are armoured for battle" would be "We are armoured for battle".

9.) Yes...though that might be only conditionally.

Assuming they haven't retconned the fluff since I stopped paying attention (due, in part, to many and stupid retcons).