Take this Quiz to Discover What Kind of Gamer You Are!

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
UberNoodle said:
Pony Lover? If it's cute and cuddly, I'll play it? And maybe give it a hug?

How about, I have been playing games for almost 30 years, and I see no problem with playing a game that's 'cute and cuddly', as long as it's fun and enjoyable. It seems to me that the result depended entirely on that one question of which character I most relate to. What were my choices? A list of gruff and empty, masculine archetypes, or 'Mario, et. al.'.
agreed

Ghostkai said:
So despite me answering the questions regarding story with the options that make the story seem the most important part to me, I got the Explorer, which means I don't care about the story... wierd.
Same but with Pony Lover. I'm all about the narrative

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Ghostkai said:
So despite me answering the questions regarding story with the options that make the story seem the most important part to me, I got the Explorer, which means I don't care about the story... wierd.
This is what I got as well. Yes I do like to explore and enjoy the game world, but my real interest is the story, characters, etc. *shrug*

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
First I got Explorer (yuck! sandbox?!) and Dead Eye (Damn you FPS!) right after =_=

Inconsistent ... seems more like me anyway

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
I got "The Explorer".
I disagree, and I felt some questions didn't have enough possible answers, so yeah. Woot.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I got the Best of the Best and then retook it and got the Explorer, but neither seem to fit me well enough. I don't really care about leaderboards and achievements, and I usually play through the main story first then explore so neither seemed right for me.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
StriderShinryu said:
Ghostkai said:
This is what I got as well. Yes I do like to explore and enjoy the game world, but my real interest is the story, characters, etc. *shrug*
crotalidian said:
UberNoodle said:

How about, I have been playing games for almost 30 years, and I see no problem with playing a game that's 'cute and cuddly', as long as it's fun and enjoyable. It seems to me that the result depended entirely on that one question of which character I most relate to. What were my choices? A list of gruff and empty, masculine archetypes, or 'Mario, et. al.'.
agreed

Ghostkai said:
Heh, I think it's broken :p
Considering 2 of those questions should outright block the explorer option for me. (One being "whats the most important part of the game for you" - and I said story)

junkmanuk

Apr 7, 2009
Tinker - I guess that's about right... Although in fairness much of my tinkering is to setup levels/campaigns for my gaming group...

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
These quizes are fun. Too bad they are almost never accurate.

First, I got the Explorer and I have no idea how that came up from the answers I provided. I don't actually explore a whole lot in games at all. Infact, I get annoyed if I have absolutely no sense of direction in a game, leaves me feeling lost.

The second time I tried it I got the Simulant. Better, but not exactly accurate either. While I do not mind a degree of realism in games, I don't have the time or patience to play ultra-realistic flight simulators or the like.

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
[br] The Best of the Best [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/result/83.55-The+Best+of+the+Best] [br] Take this quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/83]

No idea how I got that one.

Second time:

[br] The Tinker [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/result/83.54-The+Tinker] [br] Take this quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/83]

The quiz only decides that based on 1 or 2 questions...

britterly

Sep 16, 2009
[br] The Pretentionist [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/result/83.46-The+Pretentionist] [br] Take this quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/83]

I believe I got this because I prefer reading classic literature to light entertainment, and because I checked the story options. I don't know what all the other profiles are you get from this quiz, but the ones in this thread don't seem half as mean or snooty as The Pretentionist. Quiz-maker, are you serious? Liking good story-telling is pretentious? So you're assuming that people say they like good stories only fake their enjoyment of stories (and art, I assume, based on the flavour text)? Everyone in the world loves a good story! Art and entertainment go hand in hand.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
I got "Best of the Best" as well. Pretty neat quiz, although I did get stumped by a few questions (having never played Braid, Uncharted, Halo, or GTA... I know, I know... but I've played over 300 other games, alright?). Does seem to suit the obsessive compulsive completionist in me though!

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
crotalidian said:
UberNoodle said:

agreed

Ghostkai said:
Totally agreed here. I notice one particular thing. There seemed to be no reference to RPGs anywhere in the quiz and it was very FPS and RTS-heavy. I'm an RPG fan, and let me tell you, the vast majority of RPGs, even JRPGs, are not "cute and cuddly". I get it, I don't like playing FPS's, but don't imply that I most enjoy "childish" games because of it.