Tales from the Table: Chapter 17: A Tale of The End

albinoterrorist

Jan 1, 2009
Silly DM.
He can't play, he can't win.

That said, the Players CAN always lose - depending on how generous you feel... :)

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
This can't be the end. D:

Better be a second season to well, bring them back together and fix everything. :<

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
I like this ending, immensely.
That technically, by the DM "winning" he's also lost, and they beat him :p

aeric90

Mar 31, 2010
That was a very depressing ending. I liked it but it was sad. I hope to see them all again someday soon.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Geez no wonder this took ages to release. The amount of FX and getting the extra for the battle scene.
None the less the wait was worth it!
Also oh I see, the whole being belittle by his sister is what drove him to acting all overpowered to them lot, pretty much taking his frustration directly at the group (yes I know he was pissed at his sister but still).

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
I think that was a great end of the episode, but I hope the show goes on after this. Maybe that one guy they kicked out of the group in the beginning can come back and save them, or they can start a new story?

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Good way to wrap up a story rather than just let it fizzle out. I feel sorry for the DM now :( he was only a troubled soul.

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
Imp Emissary said:
I think that was a great end of the episode, but I hope the show goes on after this. Maybe that one guy they kicked out of the group in the beginning can come back and save them, or they can start a new story?
Yes! Bring back Phillip!

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
That was a Dr Horrible good ending. This series rocked and that episode in particular, I so hope this means there's going to be another season though. Wow that was an awesome thing to do, from the minute he stopped pretending

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
But... but.... but but but..... but Hollywood and the mainstream media institution has left me COMPLETELY unable to internalize any other kind of ending other than "And they all lived happily ever after!" This isn't happily ever after AT ALL! I'm confused!

daemongarso

Nov 27, 2009
Probably the best long running series ever featured on the escapist, my favorite at least. Seriously, you guys could go on and make anything and do well at it. I live in Utah, bring something to Sundance so I can meet you incredibly talented people.

Driden Wornegon

Jun 9, 2010
I like this ending, but only if it's not a real one.
To build a good tragicomedy, which it would be at this point, you need to watch out for not loosing consistency. And as much as i like this show, now it is everything but consistent in tone, and mood. Thought it seems to be getting better, and better at it (and absolutely not only at it). Clearly it was going to be something else at the beginning, and it staggers the evolution a bit. Still distance past is impressive.
It can be a great rising the stakes but as a real ending I feel it would be rather cheap trick used for a shock value. I really hope that they will wrap this up in the next episodes / season. Not necessarily with happy ending, although it would seem most appropriate, but showing closing of character arcs.

PS: Looking at all of this, our reaction for the episode is exactly what creators intended. There is nothing here that REALLY is saying that the series is over. It seems a tale of the end, not the end of a tale.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Nice end to an awesome series. Sadly, in my experience it's a fairly realistic ending and I've come across more than a few murderous DMs...

TheLazyGeek

Nov 7, 2009
A bittersweet ending for such a great series, but I do hope for an epilogue that shows how the players and DM got through "the end"

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Somehow, it's even more sad that it's the end now.
But I guess the only enemy they ever faced was each other. In the end, they had to face that, and if one of them had to win, they all had to lose.
That said, I really hope there's more to this. Maybe a second season that ends with them back together, but ends completely after that. Or just another episode where they all realize that they have their flaws, and that's what makes the game interesting. Then that could start off a new season. I don't know, I just want more.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Ok sad ending but I need more. You guys won't leave me will you? This is my most wanted series on the escapist. when this comes out I drop everything to watch it.

Maybe they can respawn at a church or something.

personion

Dec 6, 2010
Too bad this series never got more attention. The camera work is beautiful, especially in the start where the feather falls. The acting is meh, but I still really love this. It's probably my favorite series on the escapist. Sad to see it go.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
That's not really the end, is it? I mean, I can handle dark, but this is... really effin' dark.