Taliban Fumes Over Royal Gaming Thumbs

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Amusing how the Taliban and the Stop the War Coalition effectively say the same thing but with localised dialogue. Just an observation.

From a standpoint of unrealistic logic, I find it irritating that this even made news. I salute him for being so candid. As a Prince and as a Soldier (and the complexity of that combination), its refreshing to see him speak so, well, common.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Taliban are just jealous they can't shoot half as accurately as the badass prince.

"Prince Harry's comment about videogames making him a better Apache gunner has the Taliban up in arms."
What you did there Mr Chalk, I see it.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
I imagined they'd be more annoyed by the fact that one of the British Royal family is flying overhead, bombing the shit out of their women hating backward asses, before swooping off to play FIFA and party with sluts in Vegas. The man's an epitome of everything they hate.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Harry says that video games help his motor skills it is like saying i go running to improve my fitness.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
So blowing yourself up in a crowded street full of civilians because a book said that a man in the sky thinks they deserve it is perfectly sane, but raising the possibility that games give you good hand-eye coordination is a sign of "mental problems"?

Rrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Pipotchi said:
I imagined they'd be more annoyed by the fact that one of the British Royal family is flying overhead, bombing the shit out of their women hating backward asses, before swooping off to play FIFA and party with sluts in Vegas. The man's an epitome of everything they hate.
Yup, he's basically the real Duke Nukem... with the difference that one day he'll be an actual Duke.

By gad, this story makes me proud to be British.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Excuse me... this explains why we are losing? Mr Spokesman, I think you need to take another look at the scoreboard. It clearly shows our boot firmly entrenched inside your anus, so much so that a great effort or some sort of gastrointestinal reversal would be required to remove it. To be honest, I didn't think such an image was possible numerically, yet there it is.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
"It's a joy for me because I'm one of those people who loves playing Playstation and Xbox so, with my thumbs, I like to think that I'm probably quite useful,"
Nothing he said possibly implied war was a game.

He made the very fair point that helicopter warfare is about fine control of electrically controlled weapons with your thumbs.

But so many people are commenting AS IF he did directly say war is a game in terms of consequences and loss of life, rather than the exact mode: using thumbs.

/thread

2xDouble said:
Excuse me... this explains why we are losing? Mr Spokesman, I think you need to take another look at the scoreboard. It clearly shows our boot firmly entrenched inside your anus, so much so that a great effort or some sort of gastrointestinal reversal would be required to remove it. To be honest, I didn't think such an image was possible numerically, yet there it is.
Taliban: "Yeah, you can tell which is the side that is winning, it's the one that just had it's leader gunned down when Navy SEALs raid their mansion hideout. Yep, we're totally winning."

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I think games made me a better shot = WAR IS LIKE PLAYSTATION!

Okey-dokey... fuck...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Sixcess said:
Pipotchi said:
Yup, he's basically the real Duke Nukem... with the difference that one day he'll be an actual Duke.

By gad, this story makes me proud to be British.
Holy shit, who got this patriotism all over me? Its warm and fuzzy... and smells a little like battered cod.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
It was a harmless statement on how his finger-eye coordination is kept in check by playing video games, but it was a crass statement in regards to the war we're in.

Still, I find it hilarious that he's ruffled the Taliban's feathers. I'm surprised they took it as an insult, then fired back with cheap shots and exclamations that they're winning... then again, I'm not surprised. It's the Taliban we're talking about. They murder innocent civilians and call it "war" - Not much of a war if you spend half your time killing women, children and passive/neutral non-combatants, and the other half hiding in a hole in a mountain hoping your crude landmine blows up the International Security Assistance Force.

The thing is, if the Taliban weren't religious nutters who forced their ideas on those who don't want them, with a taste for murdering innocents and non-combatants however they feel; if they just adhered to human right laws and allowed the west to co-exist on the same planet as them without the need to kill us all; we wouldn't be over there blowing their arses from the middle ages into the 21st century, the hard way.[footnote]Glorious simplification is glorious.[/footnote]

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
When you piss these guys off, you know that you're doing something right. I might be able to forgive that incident where he thought it would be amusing to dress up like a nazi.

Lucky Godzilla

Oct 31, 2012
He compared the actual experience being the gunner on his helo to that of a video game, he never said the actual war itself was a game.
But hey, for the Taliban any attention is good attention.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
The Taliban claiming moral high ground? That's laughable and sad at the same time.

But really, who cares what the Taliban thinks.

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
Me55enger said:
Amusing how the Taliban and the Stop the War Coalition effectively say the same thing but with localised dialogue. Just an observation.
I do think that the Stop the War Coalition had more trouble with Harry's boasts of having killed taliban warriors, pointing out that more often than not innocent bystanders do get killed from western air-attacks. And wars being messy and unclear at times, Harry really had no real way of actually knowing the tiny figures down below he took out were Taliban fighters or regular Afghani civvies in the wrong place at the wrong time.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
What a stupid thing to say! How is practicing your hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity with a control pad anything like something like