Taliban Fumes Over Royal Gaming Thumbs

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
When someone says "I do a lot of cycling so it probably helps my kickboxing", nobody suggests they're trivialising kickboxing as a mode of transport. I don't even take issue with the notion that shooting a turret is like playing a videogame, because it very well could be. And look...who cares what the fucking Taliban think? This is an intolerant religious group that practices genital mutilation, suicide bombing and honour killing. How do they even have the right to be offended by anything anyone else does.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
What is wrong with this statement? My cousin who was a helicopter pilot in the Marines said the same thing - fine motor control and dexterity from playing video games helped him in his piloting work.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Shinsei-J said:
PunkRex said:
Sixcess said:
Pipotchi said:
I imagined they'd be more annoyed by the fact that one of the British Royal family is flying overhead, bombing the shit out of their women hating backward asses, before swooping off to play FIFA and party with sluts in Vegas. The man's an epitome of everything they hate.
Yup, he's basically the real Duke Nukem... with the difference that one day he'll be an actual Duke.

By gad, this story makes me proud to be British.
Holy shit, who got this patriotism all over me? Its warm and fuzzy... and smells a little like battered cod.
first time I've felt it too...
It's odd, mine smells like earl grey.
Probably because it's the most British thing I can think of at the moment being from the commonwealth of Australia.
Hands off my coin purse, else i'll have you shipped off again!

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Breaking news: British Soldier enjoys his job.

I mean there's anti-war and there's downright idiocy.

Mar 9, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
shows why they are losing.
HAHAHAHAHA. Sorry, let me make what I mean clear; HAHAHAHAHA. I fail to see how the organisation that's hiding in mountains and fighting on their own land is supposed to be winning. I suppose they also think the Nazis won and America is still a British colony if this is what they define winning as.

OT: I really am not upset about what Prince Harry said, I'm quite happy it pissed them off so much.

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
teqrevisited said:
was one of absolute, outdated ignorance.
Well, they are still living in the 12th century morally and religiously.

Grouchy Imp said:
You're pissed at our lads on the ground getting the 7 kill streak that allowed him to turn up in the first place. :p
This made I larf! More than I should have, probably.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
One of the things that stuck out most is that they reckon he's better than others just because he's a prince.

Which admittedly not one of their biggest crimes, or even registers on the crime-radar, but still, what the fuck, Taliban?

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
Didn't they used to call Britain's involvement in the area the "Great Game"? Why is only now that gaming and international conflict are somehow incompatible?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
LOL!!

they think their winning :D isn't that just adorable.

this really sounds a lot like a massive case of butt hurt from how bad the Prince is kicking they're collective asses, not to mention totally missing the point of what was said, but then this people think killing innocent by standers is totally OK cause they're imaginary friend says so.....

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Veylon said:
Didn't they used to call Britain's involvement in the area the "Great Game"? Why is only now that gaming and international conflict are somehow incompatible?
It's posts like this that make me wish we could 'like' posts on these forums.

Well played, sir.

Mind you, Kipling is almost the poster boy for insensitive and imperialist attitudes in literature (unfairly so in my view but that's a different thread altogether) so referencing him in this debate would only pour more fuel on the fire.

health-bar

Nov 13, 2009
oh phew, I thought someone who was actually important got offended.
good thing it was just batshit crazy extremists who obviously have a different definition of "losing" than the rest of the world.