Talk To Cave Johnson For Only $40

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Talk To Cave Johnson For Only $40

If you're a fan of fine art and are looking for something to put on your Holiday gift list, you may want to consider this talking Cave Johnson portrait.

Portal 2 had a number of great moments, but one of the definite highlights was when you explore the decayed ruins of Aperture Science and listen to Cave Johnson's pre-recorded messages over the PA system. Soon, fans of Mr. Johnson's increasingly crazy ranting will be able to listen to him whenever they want without having to boot up and play through portions of the game, because ThinkGeek has revealed that it's about to start selling an official Portal 2 Cave Johnson talking portrait.

The portrait will be just over 15 x 11 inches and will say thirteen different quotes, including the bit about creating combustible lemons to get back at life. You can actually <a href=http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/collectibles/ea60/detail/?cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=&CJID=2617611>read the entire list of quotes here and, boy, are there some gems.

The portrait is going to sell for $40 and will reportedly become available on December 17th, just in time to become a last-minute stocking stuffer.

Source: <a href=http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/collectibles/ea60/#tabs?cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=&CJID=2617611>ThinkGeek via <a href=http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/collectibles/ea60/#tabs?cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=&CJID=2617611>Topless Robot

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Funny. I always imagined Cave Johnson as a Texas oil tycoon, complete with a blonde horseshoe mustache and cowboy hat.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Wow. The gamer geek equivalent of a singing fish.

I wonder if like the singing fish its voice gets all weird and slow when the batteries run down.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
As my avatar might suggest, I MUST HAVE IT! I think I'm going to gift this one to myself.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Brilliant! I have no shame in admitting Cave was the highlight of Portal 2. My money? Triviality! I must have more Cave!

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Yet another brilliant quote from Cave Johnson:

"Just a heads up, that coffee we gave you earlier had fluorescent calcium in it so we can track the neuronal activity in your brain. There's a slight chance the calcium could harden and vitrify your frontal lobe. Anyway, don't stress yourself thinking about it. I'm serious. Visualizing the scenario while under stress actually triggers the reaction."

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Kevlar Eater said:
Funny. I always imagined Cave Johnson as a Texas oil tycoon, complete with a blonde horseshoe mustache and cowboy hat.
That's Saxton Hale, except that Hale is Australian rather than Texan.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Do want, but can't afford. And don't have any place I would really put it... Oh well.