Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play, Meets the Medic

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
See Valve? This is why I love you. Never disappoint. Right when the entire community was saying "TF 2 should go free", they make it free.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
ZiggyE said:
Glerken said:
It's not as bad as buying a game and then it being ridiculously cheap the next day because of a holiday sale.
It's worse because this isn't a sale, it's permanent. If they made it so that it was free only for this weekend or that it was ridiculously cheap for awhile then I wouldn't be bothered, just bad luck. The fact that they are giving it away from free and all we who paid full price are getting is additional benefits (which can be purchased for as little as a dollar, significantly less what we originally paid) and a free hat irks me somewhat.
can't you think less about how your timing was regrettable, and just be happy for us penny-less chumps?

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
NLS said:
Cobelo said:
I kinda actually hate this big reveal.
Really, valve? You had to decide to make the game that i figured was worth $20 two months ago FREE? Now i feel like i wasted my own dosh. I'm with Awesome74, why don't i get my money's worth of in-game items or something, damn?
Never buy a Steam game unless it's 75% off or in this case, free. It will always come back and bite you in the ass.
Tell me about it. =p Valve launched a 50% off day on L4D2 ~half an hour~ after I bought back in 2009.

Edit: And good grief Valve, way to make the Medic pleasantly disturbing. Now just clear the bar you've just set with Meet the Pyro, preferably before 2013. ;D

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I think that was probably one of the best 'Meet the...' videos - it seemed different from the others and I'm not quite sure how to describe it rather than 'dark'.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Why is the ending of the video so cheesy and shit?

I liked the rest, but for God's sake, Valve, have some dignity.

Ilke

Mar 28, 2010
I am still shocked still by the news, but as a TF2 player, lemme say "Welcome!" to everyone going to join ze awesomeness.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
If Valve were an fat bearded one-legged male window-washer, I would be giving him a french kiss right now.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Braedan said:
Awesome74 said:
Well, that's... kinda cool, I guess, but, not to sound ungrateful, what about the money I paid for it? Maybe I could get a free hat, Valve? :3
Agreed. While I hate it when people complain about products getting cheaper over time, I feel the people who bought the game in the last month or two at least should get a dozen or so free hats. Maybe one or two to the original purchasers? :D
Yeah, I agree..... and I'm only saying that 'cos I bought it a week ago.... seriously valve, can I get a free hat called "numpty" or summin'

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
vrbtny said:
Braedan said:
Awesome74 said:
Well, that's... kinda cool, I guess, but, not to sound ungrateful, what about the money I paid for it? Maybe I could get a free hat, Valve? :3
Agreed. While I hate it when people complain about products getting cheaper over time, I feel the people who bought the game in the last month or two at least should get a dozen or so free hats. Maybe one or two to the original purchasers? :D
Yeah, I agree..... and I'm only saying that 'cos I bought it a week ago.... seriously valve, can I get a free hat called "numpty" or summin'
Ldude893 said:
Snipped due to grossness
Gah!!! I've been cloned!! Christ, and we thought 1 bobby was bad enough.....

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Bags159 said:
Cobelo said:
I kinda actually hate this big reveal.
Really, valve? You had to decide to make the game that i figured was worth $20 two months ago FREE? Now i feel like i wasted my own dosh. I'm with Awesome74, why don't i get my money's worth of in-game items or something, damn?
$20 for two months of entertainment is more than fair.

Awesome video.
"RIBS GROW BACK"
"DOCTOR, WILL THIS WORK?" "I HAFF NO IDEA"
Two months? I almost got the Silver award (based on when you joined), that's how long I've played TF2.

Also we get a hat for buying the game before. FREE HAT. That you can't get or trade or buy anywhere else.

...Besides, tons of people already bought the game for $10. Some even cheaper, if they were lucky. All I know is that I got many, many hours of enjoyment out of TF2. A lot more than for some games I bought and finished in 3-4 hours.

freddi91

Dec 9, 2009
I think the coaching feature was the best thing they added but the least discussed.

Stop complaining about the $20->$1 drop. The game has always been a ripoff when it was at $20. If you actually shop around, you could have found the whole orange box for 7 euros (directly bought 3 copies when I saw it, for me & my pals)

Charmi the ninja

May 28, 2011
Yay! More Free games from Valve! It?s probably another cleverly disguised campaign, like when they released Portal for free, to generate interest and hype for Portal 2. But as long as they keep on making brilliant games, I don?t mind being sucked in by their marketing antics.

<3 valve + steam

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Ldude893 said:
vrbtny said:
Ldude893 said:
Snipped due to grossness
Gah!!! I've been cloned!! Christ, and we thought 1 bobby was bad enough.....
Hey, I was here first.
Bobby wars....

The_root_of_all_evil said:

So. Many. New. Backs. To. Stab....

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/chat/The-Escapist-Team-Fortress-2-Group-PC
LMAO. You made me laugh hard.... very hard.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Great so now all servers will be flocked with hackers and idiots, thanks valve! <3

I know what you was going for but just no. This is a bad idea in the long run.