Team Fortress 2: The (Fake?) Engineer Update

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
It must be great being Valve.
Their fans make fake updates and other crazy shit, which gives Valve some free advertising and some extra time to work on other things and come up with complex, cryptic ways of announcing things.

I wish I worked for Valve.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
I'm frankly tired of all these pretend updates. I only want to hear about it if it's real, otherwise I find myself looking forward to things that aren't going to happen which sucks.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I hope this is real.Sound good.But not to OP.I think the blimp would be level 0,5 just to make sure that the team is not completely reliant on the engi.The RAN would most likely have a low clip size and not alot of extra ammo.And the engi would have to go out in the field to use the EMP so he would most likely die.

Scumpernickle

Sep 16, 2009
Shadow Law said:
What do I care I play the crappy xbox version which valve doesn't give a damn about.
Actually its Microsoft's fault. They want you to pay for the updates but Valve isn't for that.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
This has got to be the most well done fake I've ever seen in my life. I'm appluading the guy from my chair right now....it's like he works at Valve or something.

Nov 11, 2008
It's Fake, It saids so at the bottom, But seriously that does look good. Thats a great idea.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
You could tell it was fake because the advertised maps are already in-game as custom maps

But mabye Valva knows that, and they're trying to pass of the advert as a double-bluff!

Or mabye that's what the Brazilian knowns, and he wants us to THINK that, it's a triple bluff!

Or mabye that's what Valva WANTS US TO THINK! I CALL QUADRUPLE BLUFF

QUINTRUPLE BLUFF

SEXTRUPLE BLUFF

IT'S AN ENIGMA WRAPPED IN A CODE MADE OF RIDDLES FABRICATED FROM MISDIRECTION

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
It could potentially add an offensive element to the engie, he could like the boomer with that blimp

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Eoin Livingston said:
It could potentially add an offensive element to the engie, he could like the boomer with that blimp

Engineer is bitchin' on offense; don't you ever forget that.

I even made a Steam Group for Offensive Engies, man. Dispensers of Death!

Seriously, anyone who thinks that Engi has no offensive power needs to learn the creed of Nuts, Bolts, and Buckshot.

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
Eoin Livingston said:

Seriously, anyone who thinks that Engi has no offensive power needs to learn the creed of Nuts, Bolts, and Buckshot.
Even then it's a little bit like defending a forward area

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
GrinningManiac said:
You could tell it was fake because the advertised maps are already in-game as custom maps

But mabye Valva knows that, and they're trying to pass of the advert as a double-bluff!

Or mabye that's what the Brazilian knowns, and he wants us to THINK that, it's a triple bluff!

Or mabye that's what Valva WANTS US TO THINK! I CALL QUADRUPLE BLUFF

QUINTRUPLE BLUFF

SEXTRUPLE BLUFF

IT'S AN ENIGMA WRAPPED IN A CODE MADE OF RIDDLES FABRICATED FROM MISDIRECTION

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!
Brain EXPLODE
------------I wish they would get around to the engineer, though I really am not a hardcore TF2 player. I like L4D too much now, also ZPS, I personally believe those force teammate help and if your going more than 1 on 1 then they should actually have a more beneficial team work structure.

Yea I know I know engineers are great for support but other than that I have never really felt helped by my team

Sketchy

Aug 16, 2008
With all these fake class updates flying around, surely a new one is coming soon... right Valve?

Right...? Guys...?

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
JimmyBassatti said:
Flying-Emu said:
Eoin Livingston said:

That video was hardly offensive. It basically just told you how to build your sentry in the places where the most action happens, and just sit and camp that sentry. When I think offensive, I think placing a quick Level 1 and then running off to kill enemies by yourself, not sitting beside your sentry that is behind a corner of a room they run out of a lot...
It's very basic offensive engineering. I would show you how a real offensive engi plays, but my damn graphics card is on the fritz.

Just ask Scotth266. I'm a damn good combat engi.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Malygris said:
The TF2 Guard Dog [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94900-The-TF2-Guard-Dog-Update-All-Bark-No-Bite] "update" was damn good but this one is downright amazing. In fact, it's so well done that I'm not entirely convinced it's not real even though the fine print at the bottom of the update clearly says, "This is a fake." But the art is flawless, the writing is believable and the ideas behind it all seem perfectly reasonable to me: A radio controlled, hydrogen-filled mini-blimp mobile dispenser and The Hellraiser, a radioactive nail gun that not only does damage but also leaves a radioactive trail, making hidden or cloaked enemies easy to track down. (Also, as the update cleverly notes, it's a "Radioactive Nail Gun.")
The TF2 people also liked it alot; see this! http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2851