Tekken 7 Director Reveals New Character, Clarifies "Lucky Chloe" Situation

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
SecondPrize said:
gyrobot said:
SecondPrize said:
Lucky Chloe is an idol, not a cat girl. Good effort though.
Still she is a representation of the worst trends in Japanese gaming to modern gaming.
How is that?
She is an idol. Along the lines of Japanese Idols which have a rather negative rep overseas from perverted oaths of chasity, poor dancing and singing skills and ruining the jpop industry through flooding the music chart through bulk buy incentives.

She is associated with people who enjoys the Neptunia series.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
gyrobot said:
SecondPrize said:
gyrobot said:
SecondPrize said:
Lucky Chloe is an idol, not a cat girl. Good effort though.
Still she is a representation of the worst trends in Japanese gaming to modern gaming.
How is that?
She is an idol. Along the lines of Japanese Idols which have a rather negative rep overseas from perverted oaths of chasity, poor dancing and singing skills and ruining the jpop industry through flooding the music chart through bulk buy incentives.

She is associated with people who enjoys the Neptunia series.
And there's nothing wrong with it, since it's only one character, who does not affect the whole theme of the game.

If the design of Lucky Chloe actually attracts the Idol-Otaku to buy the game, then congrats to the Tekken team for managing to snag a whole large market of people that will buy idol stuff indiscriminately.
If it didn't, nothing is lost, it's just one character, and I'll bet someone is still going to master her, and troll people in Ranked battle/Tournaments, like the guy who main-ed Rocket Raccoon in UMvC 3 and invented the "Log Trapping".

You don't like the character, then don't play her. It's just that simple.

DAAANtheMAAAN

Sep 5, 2011
I can't really say Chloe bothers me at all. Probably not a character I'd play with any regularity, but with the goofy tones the series has had I'd have a hard time saying she's less fitting in the roster than a kangaroo, bears, two dinosaurs, angels, demons, cyborgs, androids or Bruce Lee.

I do have to say, though, that Shaheen looks pretty badass.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
I like this character already, find his overall dress sense quite stylish, hope he is fun to play!

Also don't get the fuss over Chloe but well, I wasn't initially thrilled with that pink haired robo girl either. And then she ended up being one of my favorite characters to play as.