Ten Unannounced Fighters Waiting for Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
John Funk said:
Ten Unannounced Fighters Waiting for Marvel vs. Capcom 3

The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 roster may be pretty big right now, but it'll be even bigger by the time the game comes out.
No mention of Vanessa, John? I am disappoint.

Morbira

Nov 28, 2009
There is only one fighter that NEEDS to be announced: fucking GENE from God Hand!!

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Morbira said:
There is only one fighter that NEEDS to be announced: fucking GENE from God Hand!!
Woah...That would be even cooler. I completely forgot about that. This is a yes please from me. Then again, it was from Clover and they might feel they already got enough Clover Studios characters with Okami.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
-Zen- said:
Cowabungaa said:
It might be a bit off-topic, but I really don't get the Marvel vs Capcom idea. I mean, what do they have to do with each other? It seems so...random.
If you want to know, there's a TVTropes article on how Marvel Vs. Capcom came to be. It's actually pretty interesting. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarvelVsCapcom]

As for the balancing, let's bear in mind that this is indeed Capcom we're talking about. It won't be balanced.

EDIT: Fix'd for poor grammar.
ARGGHH!, TvTropes?, do you realise what you've done?, I read your comment an hour ago and now I've got 16 tabs open!

As for the balancing, its only an issue if your playing competively, against friends its all about what characters your good with (unless you choose Roll or Spidey, they really suck), a lot of people don't really know how to get the best out of the Top Tier characters online as well.

You'll get people online using the same characters because thats what some list told them are the best, kinda like SF where everyone uses Ken.

Durxom

May 12, 2009
Morbira said:
Gene was deconfirmed too...sorry =S

I can name off some of the deconfirms if you people want...sigh, bad news sucks T_T

Silver Surfer
Daredevil
Emma Frost
Mojo
Kingpin
Ghost Rider
Dr. Strange
Gambit
Blade
The Punisher
Loki
Fantastic Four
Cyclops(?)
Black Panther(?)

Gene
Phoenix Wright
Megaman X
Amingo
Ruby Heart
SonSon
Entire cast of Rival Schools
Entire cast of Power Stone
Anything related to Monster Hunter
Vergil
Nero
Demitri
Nemesis
Tyrant
Gill
Entire cast of Sengoku Basara
Entire cast of Breath of Fire
Wayne(Lost Planet)
Strider Hiryu(?)

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Cyclops, Cyclops, Cyclops, please, please, please O.O

Oh and...
Cowabungaa said:
It might be a bit off-topic, but I really don't get the Marvel vs Capcom idea. I mean, what do they have to do with each other? It seems so...random.
I think it's from back in the days when Capcom used to own the license for all of Marvel's characters. I don't know if the Capcom vs. series was created before that or if Marvel vs. Capcom was the first one, but nevertheless, they decided to make a series of games where their own characters faced off against characters from another universe, MvC was possible because they already had the rights to make games based on Marvel characters.

Which is also why we haven't seen a new MvC game for as long as Activision has had it's filthy paws wrapped around the Marvel properties. How they managed to get the rights for MvC3 is still unknown to me though, would be thankful if someone could fill me in on it ^^

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
I can agree on the Capcom side... but am I the only person who's getting a feeling maybe newcomer Marvel group The Runaways may get representation in MvC3? Maybe Nico Minoru or everybody's favorite intergalactic lesbian Karolina Dean?

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Well, considering they've already confirmed that several of my favorites will not be in the game... and that most, if not all, of the new characters are already revealed (probably)... I'm gonna guess the remaining 10 are (in no particular order):

Capcom:
1) Strider Hiryu
2) Captain Commando
3) Soki (the chick with the big gun in MvC 2 and TvC)
4) Megaman (original) or Megaman Volnutt
5) Zangief (It's more likely they'll go with Zangief over Haggar)

Marvel:
1) Iceman (that cheap bastard)
2) Storm (also pretty cheap)
3) Blackheart
4) Sentinel
5) Rogue or Gambit.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
I was going to edit my post with this, but it's not showing up, so... whatever.

You can check who is or is not in MvC3 (and who is still unconfirmed, as accurate as wikipedia gets...) here [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_vs._Capcom_%28series%29].

Shale_Dirk

Mar 23, 2010
Perfect finish to the Marvel side:
Gambit
Punisher
Domino
Carnage/Venom
Nightcrawler

Although, as someone else brought it up, Ash from Evil Dead would be AWESOMESAUCE

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Who else would rather get MVC Deconfirmed? Breath of Fire Ryu, Phoenix Wright and Wang Tang vs The Human Torch, Blade an Daredevil? Yes please.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Strider Hiryu and Daredevil are the only characters I would still love to see, though at this point I would find their inclusion to be a long shot.