Tenacious D

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
These guys are in no way metal or even pay a tribute to metal, which is why I fucking hate when people refer to them as metal. especially for that fucking game Brutal Legend.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Guitar Gamer said:
AkJay said:
I enjoy Tenacious D, along with other comedy-bands like Flight of the Conchords and Physchostick.

Daystar Clarion said:
And we talk about what exactly?
Tenacious D, obviously.
Well let me go off topic for a second and ask you a question
WHat is your opinion of Dethklok?
Or Metalocalypse in general?

on topic
I FREAKING LOVE THIS BAND
I wont continue the quote since I think Dethklok tops them but they have got something awesome going
I like Metalocalypse, I just forgot to add it on my list.

SpaceSpork

May 15, 2009
SantoUno said:
These guys are in no way metal or even pay a tribute to metal, which is why I fucking hate when people refer to them as metal. especially for that fucking game Brutal Legend.
I sense the Tenacious D hate is strong in this one.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
spacerpg said:
SantoUno said:
Well I don't hate them, I have no reason to, it's just that it really strikes me as ridiculous that whenevr metal is brought up someone refers to these guys like they are the representatives of metal, which seems 100% inaccurate to me.

Still I like their enthusiasm.

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
Quite a band. Fun to listen to every once and a while.

...Meh. Just one of those things I guess. Pick of Destiny coulda been better.

Ruzzian Roulette

Dec 23, 2008
"I FREAKING LOVE THIS BAND. THEY ARE THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD. PERIOD!"

I love how original their music is, I love how despite Kyle's looks, he's one hell of a guitarist. I love how Jack Black constantly conveys his worship of the legends of METAL. I actually think they, contrary to popular opinion, love the music they play.

SpaceSpork

May 15, 2009
SantoUno said:
spacerpg said:
SantoUno said:
Well I don't hate them, I have no reason to, it's just that it really strikes me as ridiculous that whenevr metal is brought up someone refers to these guys like they are the representatives of metal, which seems 100% inaccurate to me.

Still I like their enthusiasm.
Well, I agree with you on that. It's more of a parody on metal than anything else. Anyways, I guess you don't hate 'em. Sorry. *smiley face?*.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
Ruzzian Roulette said:
"I FREAKING LOVE THIS BAND. THEY ARE THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD. PERIOD!"

I love how original their music is, I love how despite Kyle's looks, he's one hell of a guitarist. I love how Jack Black constantly conveys his worship of the legends of METAL. I actually think they, contrary to popular opinion, love the music they play.
Here here; Tenacious D's music is very funny, and their tunes are fantastic. Their first album is perfect. And the movie is super funny as well.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Ah Tenacious D, my first foray into the metal genre....it brings back memories

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I love their music. Mostly "Wonderboy", "Tribute to the Greatest Song in the World" and "Pick of Destiny".

jakeEHTlovless

Dec 8, 2009
LeonLethality said:
Furburt said:
...I'm going to say it.

I really don't like them. I don't know why, they just annoy me.

*Is buried under the weight of a thousand contrary opinions*

Tell my...imaginary wife....I potentially loved her....

*Dies*
She be mine now! NARHARHARHAR!

OT: yeah I agree with Furburt I really don't like them either.
damn, you ninja'd em.... and how does that make you feel??

OT: well they are funny, and they somtimes can lay down a tasty jam.... OK!!!!! i fuckin love them!!!!!! i admit it

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I like the D i think they're funny. They compliment each other with their persona's Jack being the very enthusiastic and energetic one with Kyle being the more mellow and earthy.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
AkJay said:
I enjoy Tenacious D, along with other comedy-bands like Flight of the Conchords and Physchostick.

Daystar Clarion said:
Tenacious D, obviously.
i love tenacious D...and flight of the conchords. awesome stuff theyve made

Archimedes88

May 16, 2008
just a quickie: i despise the people who play Tribute at parties and new years eve expecting everyone to sing along to it; because it's ohhh so funny, and everyone loooves it when drunk. The whole thing is more stale than a loaf of bread that managed to cross the Eurasian landmass on the back of a non too bothered Marmot.

jakeEHTlovless

Dec 8, 2009
Guitar Gamer said:
AkJay said:

Daystar Clarion said:
Tenacious D, obviously.

on topic
I wont continue the quote since I think Dethklok tops them but they have got something awesome going
Dethklok is freakin awsome, so is mastadon, and darkest hour... ah who am i kidding, i love all the deth metal.... yes, i spelled deth like this for a reason, i should just start saying happy burger time, "Metaloccalypse joke"

SpaceSpork

May 15, 2009
Archimedes88 said:
just a quickie: i despise the people who play Tribute at parties and new years eve expecting everyone to sing along to it; because it's ohhh so funny, and everyone loooves it when drunk. The whole thing is more stale than a loaf of bread that managed to cross the Eurasian landmass on the back of a non too bothered Marmot.
Who does that? That hasn't happened to me. Like, ever.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
jakeEHTlovless said:
Guitar Gamer said:
AkJay said:

Daystar Clarion said:
Tenacious D, obviously.

on topic
Dethklok is freakin awsome, so is mastadon, and darkest hour... ah who am i kidding, i love all the deth metal.... yes, i spelled deth like this for a reason, i should just start saying happy burger time, "Metaloccalypse joke"
ahhhhhhhh good to see someone else posting like that
also
Why do you wish Hamburgers time on GG?
I have a Toki Avatar
so you wish Hamburgers times on Toki?
heh heh

Tenacious D should get a show
then it could be dwarfed by Metalocalypse
No doubt good but just not as perfect